chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I should probably take some before measurements, but I plan on adding sliders, skid plates, winch, winch mount, lights, recovery gear and maybe a rear bumper.... I am sure that will cause some settling of the suspension.
Do any one coil over companies offer different spring rates for these type of situations? I don't mind splurging on Kings but I want to make sure I am back to stock or up 1/2" to an inch
Sponsored

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On foxes list, the part numbers are the same for all the different trims. Only difference is between the 2 door or 4 door.

If you are running coil overs like fox or king they are adjustable. So if it started to sag you could just crank down the preload on the spring some more to make up for the added weight. An alignment will likely be needed after any adjustments as well.

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
King coil springs usually have the specs for the coil spring printed onto the spring in white. On the one below that coil spring is 2.5" ID (for 2.0 shock), 12" length, 350 lb rating. If the size is not stamped on the side of the spring or it is worn off you can always measure the ID and length. The coil rate is also etched into the bottom of the spring. So if you looked at the bottom seat of this spring it would have 350 etched into the blue powder coat.

Ford Bronco Getting back to Sasquatch height spring_kin

I personally feel the springs that come with them will probably suffice with extra preload to compensate for the added weight.

If you really felt that you needed a stiffer spring you could always swap out the spring it comes with for a heavier spring.

Where you may have some difficulty is if you went with the fox rear coilovers, as their coilovers have a progressive coil spring on it. Where the coil is wound tighter the spring is lighter. This part of the spring will be almost completely compressed at ride height. The loosely wound part is a heavier rate and kicks in when you hit bigger bumps. King uses a small tender spring on top with a slider between the heavier bottom coil. They are essentially very similar setups, and function very similarly too. However king uses 2 seperate springs and a slider. Making it easier to change out one of the springs. I've never purchased progressive coil springs before, but I would assume it would be more difficult to find the correct overall length with the spring rates you desire.

The link below shows the different size coil springs that king has available. These are 3.0" ID for 2.5" OD shock.
http://www.kingshocks.com/products/springs/coil-springs-3-0/
Sponsored