First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I need a favor from someone with a stock 4 door sasquatch. I had Fox 2.5 coilovers installed on my wildtrak today, but I don't believe that I got anywhere near the advertised lift. Problem is that I forgot to get stock ride height measurements prior to installing the coilovers and looking at it, I don't think I got but maybe about 1" - 1.5" of lift in the front. Before I start blindly adjusting these things, could someone with a stock 4 door sasquatch get me the front and rear measurements from the center of the wheel to the fender flare?
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't have the number you requested, but it should be in the 24.5 inch range for the front and an inch or so more for the rear, center axle to metal fender. My Icons gave me 26.5 inches front, 27 inches rear.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I do....WT but with Hoss 2.0. I ONLY measured passenger side however.

Rear center axle to flair 24"
Rear ground to flair 40.25" (with ~35psi)

Frame to ground at B pillar 16"

Front center axle to flair 23.5"
Front ground to flair 39.25" (with ~35psi)

Ford Bronco Stock sasquatch ride height measurement 20230718_065737

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sasquatch 4 Door, Jeep JLUR, Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are these aftermarket Fox coilovers? If you are wanting as much lift as you can get without issues, below are some measurements of our recommended shock length at ride height. (complete article coming soon). Hopefully this helps. We reference the shock lengths, since lift height can vary between vehicle and how you measure. These lengths below will provide enough up/down travel for great on/off-road driving.

FRONT Fox Shocks (2 or 4 door 2021+ Bronco)
P/N: FOX-883-06-212 or FOX-883-06-209
Note: Both part numbers share the same lengths

Compressed Lengths: 18.79 “ | Extended Lengths: 24.26”
Total Shock Travel: 5.47”

Max recommend shock length at ride height: 22.52”

REAR Fox Shocks (2 or 4 door 2021+ Bronco)
P/N: FOX-883-06-213 or FOX-883-06-210

Compressed Lengths: 19.24” | Extended Lengths: 27.21”
Total Shock Travel: 7.97”

Max recommend shock length at ride height: 24.81”

Ford Bronco Stock sasquatch ride height measurement measuring-oem-coilover-shocks

Last edited:
OP
OP

CUZICAN

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Appreciate the info, I had the yellow Bilsteins, these are the aftermarket Fox 2.5 coilovers, not the factory HOSS 3.0. I'm scheduled for an alignment Friday, so I'll move it around some and see where it settles out, and then make adjustments as needed. I drove it around a bit and it has changed it's stance completely, so maybe I jumped the gun and freaked out prematurely, but this is the first time I've ever had suspension settle up and not down.

Are these aftermarket Fox coilovers? If you are wanting as much lift as you can get without issues, below are some measurements of our recommended shock length at ride height. (complete article coming soon). Hopefully this helps. We reference the shock lengths, since lift height can vary between vehicle and how you measure. These lengths below will provide enough up/down travel for great on/off-road driving.

FRONT Fox Shocks (2 or 4 door 2021+ Bronco)
P/N: FOX-883-06-212 or FOX-883-06-209

Compressed Lengths: 18.79 “ | Extended Lengths: 24.26”
Total Shock Travel: 5.47”

Max recommend shock length at ride height: 22.52”

REAR Fox Shocks (2 or 4 door 2021+ Bronco)
P/N: FOX-883-06-213 or FOX-883-06-210

Compressed Lengths: 19.24” | Extended Lengths: 27.21”
Total Shock Travel: 7.97”

Max recommend shock length at ride height: 24.81”

Ford Bronco Stock sasquatch ride height measurement measuring-oem-coilover-shocks

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably going to need to take a measurement from the ground to the center of the wheel. Stock fenders very slightly and can throw off the measurement. You're going to have to go with something more consistent. Center of the wheel is the best measurement for that. Have someone measure from the ground to the center of the wheel, then you do the same and see how it compares ;)

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just my .02, with aftermarket shocks like these you really want to be sure they are not lifted too much but also get the lift height you want, otherwise your ride quality will suffer. I know most want to shoot for a specific lift height, but at the end of the day if you really want the best ride possible out of those $ shocks, its best to reference shock lengths not fender to hub measurements. Measuring hub/fender would be a good way to make sure the vehicle is level side to side.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Probably going to need to take a measurement from the ground to the center of the wheel. Stock fenders very slightly and can throw off the measurement. You're going to have to go with something more consistent. Center of the wheel is the best measurement for that. Have someone measure from the ground to the center of the wheel, then you do the same and see how it compares ;)
You measure center axle to fender, assuming same fender. Not from ground. Ground measurements verify based on tire size, wheel size, and psi.
Center axle to metal fender is most consistent since there are multiple fender flares and flare deletes.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You measure center axle to fender, assuming same fender. Not from ground. Ground measurements verify based on tire size, wheel size, and psi.
Center axle to metal fender is most consistent since there are multiple fender flares and flare deletes.
I was kidding, and before anyone thinks I'm trying to save face - read the first letter of each sentence in my post ;)

OP
OP

CUZICAN

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, front and rear coilover length is right at 22.5" at ride height, guess I'm gonna leave them alone.

Sponsored

snowcatxx87

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / 701SM / Tiger 900RP / Grom / Surron
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was kidding, and before anyone thinks I'm trying to save face - read the first letter of each sentence in my post ;)
You are strange.

87-Z28

Outer Banks
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am sitting close to SAS. Here are my numbers. As was said earlier, if you are purely going after lift it is easy to add excessive spring preload. This can move the shock equilibrium position closer to max extension. The excessive preload will also make it difficult to use all of the available shock compression, large spring forces to overcome. Thus limiting the effective shock range of motion.

I am interested to see the article from acutune. spring rates are critical to achieve this delicate balance between lift, equilibrium position and shock motion.

My trim: non SAS 4dr 2.3 OBX 4.27 gear ratio; no weight mods
  • bilstein 6100s on lowest preload setting with OBX 4dr 2.3 SAS springs: front MB3Z-5310-J ; rear NB3Z-5560-E
  • Lift measured center axle to metal fender
  • Assumes wheel travel amplification on front of 1.5/1 and 1/1 on rear
  • Measurements taken 6/03/23
Front
  • Ford curb weight of 2543 lbs
  • lift of 26.25”
  • Shock length of 22.8” with 6.3” of stroke (from specs)
  • Static load at ride height: shock compression is 2.0
  • Shock compression travel is 4.3” and extension is 2.0”
  • Wheel up travel is 6.0” and down travel is 3.5”
Rear
  • Ford curb weight of 2034 lbs
  • Lift of 26.75”
  • Shock length of 25.6” with 7.5” of stroke (from specs)
  • Static load at ride height: shock compression is 4.0”
  • Shock and wheel up travel is 3.5” and down travel is 4.0”

AccuTune Offroad

Base
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, front and rear coilover length is right at 22.5" at ride height, guess I'm gonna leave them alone.
22.5" would be good for the front, you can still go up more in the rear. However, we would need to confirm how much preload is on those springs before making changes. Likely this is case of too soft of a rear spring rate. We do have some options if you're interested.

OP
OP

CUZICAN

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
22.5" would be good for the front, you can still go up more in the rear. However, we would need to confirm how much preload is on those springs before making changes. Likely this is case of too soft of a rear spring rate. We do have some options if you're interested.
The rear is almost dead level where it's at, so I think leaving it alone is the best for now. I'll drive it for a bit and if it settles out any, I'll make adjustments then. I appreciate all the help and information.

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I need a favor from someone with a stock 4 door sasquatch. I had Fox 2.5 coilovers installed on my wildtrak today, but I don't believe that I got anywhere near the advertised lift. Problem is that I forgot to get stock ride height measurements prior to installing the coilovers and looking at it, I don't think I got but maybe about 1" - 1.5" of lift in the front. Before I start blindly adjusting these things, could someone with a stock 4 door sasquatch get me the front and rear measurements from the center of the wheel to the fender flare?
took these pictures awhile before I put kings on. Stock badsquatch

Front
Ford Bronco Stock sasquatch ride height measurement IMG_4664

Rear
Ford Bronco Stock sasquatch ride height measurement IMG_4665
Sponsored