Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

. . emailed my dealer . . no longer in the market for a Bronco . . . . they would cancel my order. I just checked ford.com under reservations and sure enough it was cancelled the same day of the email. I was kind of surprised they didn't change it to a build that they could get quick and sell

majority of dealers are fine I believe - yesterday I talked w a dealer here who never charges ADM - even abandoned orders they still sell @ MSRP

sure hope Ford can ramp production early '22 - only way out of the huge hole they've dug for most of us

grapevine says MAP started '22 builds yesterday
Sponsored

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I will probably get a lot of hate for this, but I think you have only yourself to be mad at. You selected the most popular dealership on this forum, one that was clearly taking orders well over what they would be able to fill with allocation, and now you want to lash out.

Yes, moving dealerships would put you at the end of the line. But if that line is 100, instead of the 700s you are in now, that sounds like a win.

There is a lot you can do to protect yourself from the bait and switch horror stories before you make the switch.

Posting here about the injustice of it all isn't helping anything though.
When most of us signed up at FORD.com (not at the dealerships website) for our Bronco, we didnt even know what an allocation was. No hate, but where did we go wrong? Ford promised reservations in order of timestamp and later changed that under pressure from the big dealers that lost out on sales after they ignored customers requests for information and pricing.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not true. Granger would have been able to fill all orders under the initial rules and probably even under the revised 2021 allocation rules. When Ford dramatically changed the rules for 2022 it really hurt Granger's customers.
No disrespect to them as I truly believe they intended to do the right thing but there are a number of reasons why they shouldā€™ve anticipated a change in allocations is possible. Manufacturers do not like their hot products devalued which was done by them immediately, the practice of poaching customers from outside of their PMA has also been a frowned upon, again especially when it comes to hot products. Ford didnā€™t change the system because of some secret vendetta against them

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No disrespect to them as I truly believe they intended to do the right thing but there are a number of reasons why they shouldā€™ve anticipated a change in allocations is possible. Manufacturers do not like their hot products devalued which was done by them immediately, the practice of poaching customers from outside of their PMA has also been a frowned upon, again especially when it comes to hot products. Ford didnā€™t change the system because of some secret vendetta against them
They did. They changed it due to pressure from large dealers that ignored customers requests for information and pricing and then later realized how many sales they lost. Originally allocation was based on number of Broncos ordered. That was later changed to some crazy formula about Bronco sport sales, and a bunch of other car selling factors that favored large dealers. Ford said orders would be filled in order of timestamp. They went back on that too. They orginally said xplan would be considered and then they went back on that one too.

Sponsored

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford has always had dealers selling outside of their boundaries. The tenth largest dealer in the county is Woodhouse in tiny Blair, NE (pop 7,700) who for over thirty years has been advertising they sell vehicles to all fifty states. The model is not new.

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry buddy, but this response makes absolutely zero sense given my response to your original statement that Granger ā€œworked the systemā€ and are ā€œeither ignorant or incompetent.ā€

Itā€™s tough to defend completely false statements. So you didnā€™t.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you...
Ford Bronco Getting fed up... 1640282767534

LSTLAF

First Name
Glort
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sphere shaped craft
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Buying local was so much easier. Not sure how Grainger expected this to go much differently honestly. They knew they would get so many allocated, no exact number I know, but still continued to pull in orders they knew they wouldn't get full filled any time soon.
I call BS. Transferring my LOCAL reservation from an unresponsive large dealership to GRANGER was the best, easiest and most cost effective auto purchase I have ever made.

Thanks again @Zach@Granger and the @Granger Ford team!

Sponsored

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I decided to move on from this mess and bought a truck. I emailed my dealer and told them I was no longer in the market for a Bronco and to feel free to do with my order as they deemed, no hard feelings, just lost my enthusiasm, was not blown away by the Bronco's I have seen in person and the end was not known for my build. They replied that they would cancel my order. I just checked ford.com under reservations and sure enough it was cancelled the same day of the email. I was kind of surprised they didn't change it to a build that they could get quick and sell.
Perfectly reasonable. If my Bronco gets put on some kind of dirt mountain 2.0, Iā€™ll pick up a Sahara from the same dealer. No hard feelings from my end, itā€™s just a vehicle.

Christmas has a good way of giving us this perspective and we should keep it year round.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i chose to pay MSRP at my dealer that had 125 reservations. I was there earlier today and they only received about 30 Broncos for 2021. They are a small town dealer in the Cincinnati area that is also a very high volume dealer for Ford. My concern with going to Granger basically came true with so many people reserving there but Ford not choosing to divvy out an enormous about of Bronco's to them. It's been a huge disappointing adventure for literally hundreds of thousands of buyers and anyone that actually received a 2021 Bronco and has it sitting in their garage is extremely fortunate. It's like EVERYTHING that could go wrong did. I hope Ford will concentrate on trying to make it as right as possible for everyone in 2022.

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Granger Ford might be able to add some additional insight for you.
We have tried to be as up-front with our reservation holders as possible. We have encouraged reservation holders to move if they prioritized a faster delivery. Ultimately we want you to get your Bronco, whether that is with us or not. We offered a great price and Ford didn't anticipate us being as successful with it. So the rules changed and unfortunately it was our reservation holders who got the short end of the stick.
Sponsored