William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I wish my pay went up as easily as they raise rates!

Ford Bronco Feds to up Interest Rates index

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I will just refinance when things change. I want my Bronco when it arrives!

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Many have been waiting 2-3 years... I would assume the average auto loan term is around 4 to 4.25 years these days. I'm sure most people that are still waiting can put more than 50% as a down payment if they were smart about putting money aside during the wait.

BUT I'm sure for a lot of people—whether they are willing to admit it or not—the Bronco was always a stretch purchase and they may not have been squirreling money aside while they waited. Or perhaps they suffered a financial setback during the wait and are still recovering. And for those people, interest rates have pushed them out of the market unfortunately.

YULQQKN4

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 502A BAP, 2022 MUSTANG GT 6 SPEED COUPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't buy cars based on interest rates...I'm buying a vehicle not a rate. The rate only determines how much money I will come out of pocket with. When vehicle rates are low I put my money towards either higher interest debt or investments. With these high rates...I would just put more money down to counteract the interest. And always remember...you can always refinance when rates come down.

Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Many have been waiting 2-3 years... I would assume the average auto loan term is around 4 to 4.25 years these days. I'm sure most people that are still waiting can put more than 50% as a down payment if they were smart about putting money aside during the wait.

BUT I'm sure for a lot of people—whether they are willing to admit it or not—the Bronco was always a stretch purchase and they may not have been squirreling money aside while they waited. Or perhaps they suffered a financial setback during the wait and are still recovering. And for those people, interest rates have pushed them out of the market unfortunately.
Unfortunately, the average auto loan is 72 months now. Which also brings a higher interest rate.

YULQQKN4

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately, the average auto loan is 72 months now. Which also brings a higher interest rate.
Personally, If I have to go longer than 60 months to afford the payment, then I can't afford the vehicle. a 72 month loan at todays interest rates its crazy. I try to stick to 48 months whenever possible, or take the 60 month contract and pay the 48 month payment as often as possible. If you look at an amortization chart of a 72 month loan with a 7-8% rate, it will make you sick!

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Article I read says they are considering it when they meet late March nothing is in stone yet. Not sure why a .5% increase would keep anyone from yah it sucks but we are talking about a mcdonalds meal here not a house payment!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oooffppphh. I looked it up after I made the post and you're right.

That's gross. In my opinion, if you can't afford a 3 year loan, you can't afford the vehicle. I could see someone considering a 5 year loan if it's an unexpected purchase and they absolutely need it for their family.

But for the Bronco, which is more of a "weekend" vehicle... eh... going to have to agree with @YULQQKN4 if you are going longer than 60 months you probably shouldn't be buying the vehicle.

Last edited:

YULQQKN4

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

btw... .5% on a 72 month loan financing $40000 changes your monthly payment $9.40.....
Sponsored