Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan XTerra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

“Excuse me…Excuse ME”, the man pleaded…. But to no avail. Unable, or unwilling to assist the man, the wait staff scurried from table to table, clearing dishes, collecting checks - all of them avoiding eye contact. It was as if they knew they’d have no answers for his questions.

The man’s hand shot up - “Excuse me sir!”

A young waiter headed over, oblivious to what awaited…. “Would you care for a refill of your water?”, he inquired.

“No! I’ve had plenty of water….If I have any more water I’ll burst! I just would like to know where my order is.”

“Well sir, I’m sure it’ll be right out - sometimes specials can take a while longer.”

“But I didn’t order anything like a First Edition from the specials menu - I just ordered an Outer Banks.”

“Every dish is different, sir - sometimes they can take longer to make depending on the ingredients”, the waiter explained.

“Sure” the man said, “It’s just that I’ve been looking forward to eating in this restaurant for a long time. Even years back when they didn’t know what kind of food it would be or how the Bronco’s would look. Remember that funky shaped, concept Bronco that The Rock drove in that movie?! I’m certainly glad the Bronco’s didn’t end up looking like that!”

“Yes….sir….”, the waiter tried, all the while making a sideways glance, looking for an exit…

“When the restaurant opened, I made my reservation on the second day, a year and a half ago. And then I made my order a year ago…”

“Well I’m sure it’ll be finished any moment now” the waiter tried.

“That’s what everyone’s been saying!”, the man complained. “I was told it was being made back in early December, but here it is mid January, and it’s still not done yet. It's even a 2021, and we're already in 2022!! How can it it take more than a month to make one little dish?”

“Well sir, the kitchen is a little backed up at the moment….”

“That’s understandable and all - but I’ve noticed other people have come in after me, made their orders, gotten their Bronco’s, eaten and left already. Some of those were Outer Banks with the same options too! Are you sure the chef is making my order and didn’t forget it?”

“Oh, of course not sir. It’s just that the other diners are sitting at tables with different allocations. They sometimes get their orders before yours…”

“But I reserved and ordered first!”, the man yelled.

“Yes sir, that’s just the way it is….”

“Well can I change to one of those tables to get served faster?” The man pleaded…

“I’m sorry sir, but your order is already being made - it’s too late to change tables. Besides, we can’t tell you which tables will get served first.”

“That’s so unfair!”, the man said with a sigh. “You have to understand… I’ve been waiting SUCH a long time and I’m getting so very HUNGRY”.

“Well sir, I’d be more than happy to bring you some appetizers. Perhaps a Bronco poster or a Bronco flag…”

“No, No, NO!”, the man yelled, drawing the attention of the other diners. “I’ve already gotten the poster and the flag! And the hammock and the calendar for that matter! They’re all empty calories, not meant to fill a person up!”

The waiter’s patience was gone… “I’m sure it’ll be along”. And with a quick turn, he was gone - vanished back to wherever the wait staff go to complain about the diners….

And yet, the man was still STARVING! For anything... a Bronco... or even just knowing where his order was. If he knew the Bronco was done and on the way to his table, that would be enough - he could wait. Hunger gnawed at him. There were plenty of greasy spoons nearby he could eat at…. There was a Jeep dealership just around the corner. Heck, at this point, he’d even settle for a Chevy Blazer…..

That’s when he knew the hunger had affected his mind.

But he’d invested SO much time. He had no idea if the Bronco was a week away a month away, or heck - even 6 months away. He drummed his fingers on the table…. “Excuse me, miss!”

“Would you care for some more water”, she asked…..
Sponsored

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was surfing yesterday am cop on beach flashing lights on mumbling something on pa wtf go in after about an hour they say tusanami warning exit the beach.

On the way home I think to myself 580 + days and I was so close.
Ford Bronco Getting Hungry.... IMG_7953

Johare11

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Plymouth Sport Satellite
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

“Excuse me…Excuse ME”, the man pleaded…. But to no avail. Unable, or unwilling to assist the man, the wait staff scurried from table to table, clearing dishes, collecting checks - all of them avoiding eye contact. It was as if they knew they’d have no answers for his questions.

A young waiter headed over, oblivious to what awaited…. “Would you care for a refill of your water?”, he inquired.

“No! I’ve had plenty of water….If I have any more water I’ll burst! I just would like to know where my order is.”

“Well sir, I’m sure it’ll be right out - sometimes specials can take a while longer.”

“But I didn’t order anything like a First Edition from the specials menu - I just ordered an Outer Banks.”

“Every dish is different, sir - sometimes they can take longer to make depending on the ingredients”, the waiter explained.

“Sure” the man said, “It’s just that I’ve been looking forward to eating in this restaurant for a long time. Even years back when they didn’t know what kind of food it would be or how the Bronco’s would look. Remember that funky shaped, concept Bronco that The Rock drove in that movie?! I’m certainly glad the Bronco’s didn’t end up looking like that!”

“Yes….sir….”, the waiter tried, all the while making a sideways glance, looking for an exit…

“When the restaurant opened, I made my reservation on the second day, a year and a half ago. And then I made my order a year ago…”

“That’s what everyone’s been saying!”, the man complained. “I was told it was being made back in early December, but here it is mid January, and it’s still not done yet. It's even a 2021, and we're already in 2022!! How can it it take more than a month to make one little dish?”

“That’s understandable and all - but I’ve noticed other people have come in after me, made their orders, gotten their Bronco’s, eaten and left already. Some of those were Outer Banks with the same options too! Are you sure the chef is making my order and didn’t forget it?”

“Oh, of course not sir. It’s just that the other diners are sitting at tables with different allocations. They sometimes get their orders before yours…”

“Well can I change to one of those tables to get served faster?” The man pleaded…

“I’m sorry sir, but your order is already being made - it’s too late to change tables. Besides, we can’t tell you which tables will get served first.”

“That’s so unfair!”, the man said with a sigh. “You have to understand… I’ve been waiting SUCH a long time and I’m getting so very HUNGRY”.

“Well sir, I’d be more than happy to bring you some appetizers. Perhaps a Bronco poster or a Bronco flag…”

“No, No, NO!”, the man yelled, drawing the attention of the other diners. “I’ve already gotten the poster and the flag! And the hammock and the calendar for that matter! They’re all empty calories, not meant to fill a person up!”

The waiter’s patience was gone… “I’m sure it’ll be along”. And with a quick turn, he was gone - vanished back to wherever the wait staff go to complain about the diners….

And yet, the man was still STARVING! For anything... a Bronco... or even just knowing where his order was. If he knew the Bronco was done and on the way to his table, that would be enough - he could wait. Hunger gnawed at him. There were plenty of greasy spoons nearby he could eat at…. There was a Jeep dealership just around the corner. Heck, at this point, he’d even settle for a Chevy Blazer…..

But he’d invested SO much time. He had no idea if the Bronco was a week away a month away, or heck - even 6 months away. He drummed his fingers on the table…. “Excuse me, miss!”

Perfectly done. Thank you for this. Same boat and feel the same.

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Placing this Bronco situation in a different venue in your story really drives home the ridiculousness of Ford's inept and dysfunctional order system.

Same situation as you. Reserved in the first 12 hours, but don't have a build date yet.

Good luck with yours!

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nicely done. I am sitting at the table next you. Maybe our orders will be served in WA at the same time. Thanx for the levity. 😃

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Finally the man got his food. But instead of eating, he just sat looking at the food. After a while, another customer who was also waiting, asked the man why he was not eating the food. The man replied: "I didn't buy the food to actually eat it. I just like the image of the food. It looks cool." Then the other customer flung mashed potatoes at the man. ;)

zerk4321

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Squatch Rapid Red
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well written and I liked it, but you lost me at “Heck, at this point, he’d even settle for a Chevy Blazer…..” I guess the diner lost his mind, though!

treyw7

Wildtrak
First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
As someone who worked in the service industry for years through college, this is perfectly spot on lol

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

...His order finally arrives and he proclaims "Worth the wait!!" As he begins to partake, his plate inexplicably falls to the floor and shatters, he had ordered the 2.7 special......

Beachhound

Outer Banks
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 F150, 18 subaru outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

You guys are killing me on the delays. I waited on ordering mine because I wanted to see it and test drive it. Now it appears that I will have to wait a year or longer. Not to mention that I ordered a hardtop 4 door outerbanks with all the bells and whistles. May have to change my order from a 22 to 23 by the time they schedule it. Good luck on getting yours soon

Sponsored

Uncle Beer

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was one of the lucky tables that got served in November but they brought me a different dish from what I ordered!!
When I complained and asked what happened to MY order, they said the kitchen somehow threw my order out and replaced it with something random. Then they apologized and asked me if I want to try reordering.
But they at least left my dish on the table for me to nibble on while I consider whether I should reorder or simply go to a different restaurant.

Slashjames

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra/FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is awesome, thanks! I think I’m giving it til March for a vin and build date, then I’m out. I really can’t see, pandemic or not why I would have to wait for 2yrs for an American car that will more than likely be thrown together.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've been told my meal is being plated as we speak and should be here shortly............

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reminds me of this from Seinfeld also...
Sponsored