Sponsored

Glass shop scratched paint around windshield, is this normal?

kenaxcix

Base
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
It was my first time ever needing to get a windshield replaced today (thanks Bronco) and the glass shop scratched the inner painted surface at the corner of the windshield. Is this normal? They told me it was because of how tight the windshield is. They offered to get a paint touch up pen to fix it. Also there is a small spot in the corner of the windshield that is already delaminating. Can anyone tell me if this is normal or did I get bad service?
Ford Bronco Glass shop scratched paint around windshield, is this normal? IMG_6210
Ford Bronco Glass shop scratched paint around windshield, is this normal? IMG_6211
Sponsored

Brsox

Heritage
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
It was my first time ever needing to get a windshield replaced today (thanks Bronco) and the glass shop scratched the inner painted surface at the corner of the windshield. Is this normal? They told me it was because of how tight the windshield is. They offered to get a paint touch up pen to fix it. Also there is a small spot in the corner of the windshield that is already delaminating. Can anyone tell me if this is normal or did I get bad service?
Ford Bronco Glass shop scratched paint around windshield, is this normal? IMG_6211
They told you it's normal to have paint damage when you get your windshield replaced? Wrong! I'm assuming your glass coverage paid for the windshield. Now the glass shop can use their insurance to fix your paint.

Sponsored

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I need a windshield replaced and between this and the vin tags coming off I'm very concerned. Those that have had success who did you go through? My insurance co refers to Safelite or Glass America but I'm Not Sure.

OP
OP
kenaxcix

kenaxcix

Base
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
They told you it's normal to have paint damage when you get your windshield replaced? Wrong! I'm assuming your glass coverage paid for the windshield. Now the glass shop can use their insurance to fix your paint.
I paid out of pocket, with no glass coverage. It was about $580 CAD. After picking the vehicle up I went straight to my insurance company and got glass coverage.

CKXVII

Outer Banks
First Name
CK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Personally, I think Ford made it impossible to replace a windshield without the frame getting scratched/dinged up. I had my windshield replaced, same issues occurred, glass company covered body repair/paint expenses, If you have an Air Design windshield frame on, you’ll definitely want to remove that yourself beforehand or you’ll be another -$200 in the hole.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Agree they should repair the paint damage. I wouldn't worry too much about the glass defect. If 'n (if/when)it eventually fails, it should be covered.
But yeah, paint damage is on the installer.... there should be no excuses!

Sponsored

Jmor

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine was damaged the same way, but Ford was fixing the windshield recall. They tried the touch up an you could still see the damage. Had to schedule the body shop to repair it and paint it. I would file a claim with the glass company to repair it. The windshield still having damage if it is delaminating should be replaced.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Mine replaced with no issue....

xim

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I need a windshield replaced and between this and the vin tags coming off I'm very concerned. Those that have had success who did you go through? My insurance co refers to Safelite or Glass America but I'm Not Sure.
Safelite replaced mine no issues.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Watch your inside pillar trim too. I had a windshield replaced years ag on a car. The knife they use to cut off the windshield adhesive...well it apparently goes into the vehicle because they sliced up the plastic pillar trim. It was a National Company that did it. Moral to the story, you tell them before you start that others have reported damage and for them to trim it off with painters tape or something else that you expect a great job and no damage.