Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posted this to my build journal as well, but thought it warranted a separate thread for people who may be searching for rock sliders specifically:

So I recently removed my Gatorback mud flaps - I still have them in my garage, and I truly think they are the best looking mud flap option on the market. They have held up well for the 20,000 km or so they were on my truck, and protected it very well. Ultimately though I prefer the look of no mud flaps, and regaining the ground clearance.

That being said, I still wanted something to protect my doors from rock chips, as well as find a step for my wife to get in and out of my truck easier. I looked at many different options, from LineX spraying my rocker panels to PPF to steps that mounted to my OEM rock rails, and everything in-between. Then a bunch of you mentioned how great @GoatFab is, so I checked out their options. After much back and forth on which one to choose (I'm a bit in-decisive), I went with the rock sliders with top plates (powder coated).

First off, a shout out to @GoatFab - I have zero affiliation with them, but they are AWESOME! Not only did he answer my DM's, but he was gracious enough to look at some options to work with me. As you know, I live in Canada (just a friendly reminder for @Tricky Dick in case he forgot), and shipping from the USA is super expensive. At the end of the day I was very happy with efforts to work with me on this.

When the item showed up, it was very well packaged. One end was slightly opened, but that was due to the FedEx driver likely dragging it from his truck to my garage door. Inside was totally fine, and everything was safe and well wrapped. Once I unboxed it all, I laid out the hardware for the rock sliders and pinch weld cover. Uh oh - I was missing one of the bolts for the rock rails - NOOOOOO!!! I DM'd @GoatFab and he actually called me within 5 minutes - First to explain how to install the pinch weld cover and rock rails (I'm not very handy and wanted to ensure I was doing it right, as I was installing this alone) and he also mentioned he would mail me out a new bolt right away the next morning. However, upon installing my pinch weld covers, I glanced on the road way and saw the missing bolt! It has slid out of the box, likely when the FedEx driver was delivering the item. Issue resolved! But their customer service is top notch, and that alone goes a long way with me.

For the install, I first attached the pitch weld covers. Super easy, but one thing I screwed up on was installing them upside down. The holes are drilled slightly to one side of the cover, so you want to make sure the holes are on the "bottom" of the cover, closest to the ground. You'll see what I mean when you install it. If you do it backwards, the cover hangs slightly below the pinch weld. Also, you need to remove the two painted bolts (per side) from the front of the vehicle. This was a bit of a pain as it has a thick layer of paint on it. It's a 10 mm socket to do, and you may need to scrape away a bit of paint for it to come off. Reuse these washers with the new bolts that come with the cover, and you're good to go. I ended up having a few black washers from my mud flaps that worked, so I used those instead.

Once the pinch weld cover was on both sides, I installed the rock rails. Well... These are heavy as heck, and I was doing it myself. One quick win that saved my ass: Get two 5 gallon buckets - You can get these at most hardware stores, and you likely have one or two for washing your vehicles already. I placed these buckets under my truck on each end, placed a thick piece of cardboard on that, and then placed the rock rail on top of it It brought it up just under where it mounts, and if you have the brackets of the rock rail sitting inside the bucket, you have the ability to roll and turn it at the angle you need. Lifesaver! Crawled under the truck and used one arm to push the rock rail into place at the right angle, and attached a couple bolts loosely to hold it in place. The rest is straight forward. Do not tighten everything until the end.

I'm extremely happy with the build quality, customer service, and how quickly these arrived at my house. I'm hoping they offer the door protection I'm looking for from rocks, the accessibility for my wife, and just the overall protection of the vehicle - Plus they look bad ass. I love the look of my Bronco even more now, especially with the mud flaps off and these bad boys installed!

I've posted some pictures below of them installed, as well as a side-by-side picture of the GOAT Fab vs. OEM rock rails that came with the Bronco.

Any questions, please ask away!

Side-by-side GOAT Fab vs. OEM rock rails:

img_1658-jpeg.jpg

Front Bracket:

img_1674-jpeg.jpg

Middle Bracket:

img_1676-jpeg.jpg

Rear Bracket:

img_1675-jpeg.jpg

img_1677-jpeg.jpg

img_1678-jpeg.jpg

img_1680-jpeg.jpg

img_1681-jpeg.jpg

img_1682-jpeg.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you go with the 5 or 20° Looks good👍
Thanks - No idea; there was no option to select the angle like some other companies. Maybe @GoatFab can chime in with the specific angle?

Sponsored

Ibuprofen3293

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22MY Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good! Agreed on Adam and GoatFAB having standout support and making some great looking products. I had a problem with the 2dr pinch flange covers not sitting tight to the flange, and he talked me through some options. (I actually ended up flipping them upside down so they do hang just a little below the flange, and using 3M tape to hold them tight to the flange.)

Note to anyone looking, they've got 15% off and free shipping on a pinch flange hider + rock slider combo at the time of writing.

I would have gone with their sliders if I didn't have my heart set on frame mounted ones. Once the garage gets its spring cleaning, might get some of door hangers for quick/safe door storage.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I posted this to my build journal as well, but thought it warranted a separate thread for people who may be searching for rock sliders specifically:

Hey 604Bronco,
Great write up and very much appreciated. I should also state that your Bronco is looking really good! Keep up the good work!

OP
OP
604Bronco

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey 604Bronco,
Great write up and very much appreciated. I should also state that your Bronco is looking really good! Keep up the good work!
Thanks very much for the kind words! I take a lot of pride in my Bronco and making it my own, and in a tasteful way. :)

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks very much for the kind words! I take a lot of pride in my Bronco and making it my own, and in a tasteful way. :)
Tasteful like a warm delicious chocolate chip cookie? 🤔

Sponsored

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They all are at about 20 deg angle.

Thanks
Shoutout to OP, I now know what I need to save up for now, really like the look and functionality! Any upcoming sales we should mark on our calendars? TIA

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered mine and the pinch weld covers yesterday from them.. Looking forward to getting them on and testing them on some rocks..

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They look awesome. I would still keep an eye on the Lower rockers to make sure that rocks are not getting by. If you get ppf for that area, it will mostly remedy the problem. The angle of all the rockslider/steps still allows for some stuff to get by.

Rkgzx9leftcoast

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have them and love them as well. I can attest to the fact that they work excellent on the trail, and will hold the weight of the truck without damage.
Sponsored