Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT500, 1987 F250, 1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A good testament to Gobi Rack and build (not intended use :) ) at the 3:15 mark

Gotta be honest it held up better than I expected, there probably is body damage where the rack mounts and on the places it stabilizes against the body, but it worked.
Sponsored

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Using the rack as a winch point was pretty impressive and demonstrates the strength of GOBI racks.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my lights mounted. Had to make template, drill 6 new holes but happy how it turned out.

(4) Vision X Clear
4.7″ CG2 MULTI-LED LIGHT CANNON

(2) Vision X Yellow
4.7″ CG2 MULTI-LED LIGHT CANNON

Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] 1679586603817

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Now that some have had their GOBI for a while, what have you mounted to it, where, how? If top of rack is used up by RTT, have you found slick ways to mount propane, rotopax, maxtrax, etc etc?

Let’s see pics

Rebecca Tiffany

Badlands
First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I noticed that the Gobi Rack is now taller, 4” taller in the front light bar making it 12” and 1” taller in the back at 6.5”. I heard it was to accommodate the soft top. I attached both spec sheets here.

When did this change happen? I have a hardtop and I have an opportunity to buy a brand new one produced in Nov. Not sure if worth the 6 hour drive to get or to just order the new one.

Does anyone have pics of how the new vs old racks look height wise?

Do you guys think Raptor model that doesn’t have the legs down to the bumper is not as good as the regular model because without the legs it’s harder to remove the back panel? I wonder if in winter I can connect using the Raptor rack attachment that connects to the back panel hardtop and in the summer switch to the legs. So it’s easier to remove the back panel.

Attachments

Sponsored

Rebecca Tiffany

Badlands
First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok..This pic attached is the way I see it (original release) and the 6.75” is the most important to most anyone contemplating fitting in garage.

For example:
A Badlands/Sasquatch with roof height 79” + GOBI 6.75” = 85.75”
Sasquatch with 37s (+1”) and mild extra lift (1.5”) = 88.25”
Same rig relative to garage opening ~94” leaves 5” for any RTT

Thanks for measuring 😊

Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] 1679586603817
We’re you able to figure out the height afterall in the front light bar area vs the back on the original lower profile version? Trying to figure out how much taller the new taller ones are than the originals, I think I prefer original.. I have a hard top

Savage

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, Bronco, Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I contacted Gobi regarding the height of the new Raptor version that attaches to the top and it sounds like it 8 inches to the highest point instead of 12 inches. So the Raptor version sounds like it is the height of the old rack before the redesigned it for the soft top. There is no Spec sheet available for the Raptor version so I could not find anything in print verifying this.

Jonny way

Everglades
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Im guessing this will not work with my Everglades as the passenger A-Pillar has the snorkel.

Rebecca Tiffany

Badlands
First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guys I confirmed with Gobi that the height on spec sheet for the Broncos is wrong. It’s only 8” from the top of the hard top to the top of the light bar. They said the spec sheet where it shows 12” to the hard top is wrong that that is the dimension from the rubber seal.

Great news for RTT owners and fitting in your garage 🎉

See pic from Gobi.

They also confirmed that all three bronco models are the exact same height, including the new Raptor model

91E1B49B-BB71-4ED2-A7AD-03BBBF43A792.jpeg

Last edited:

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guys I confirmed with Gobi that the height on spec sheet for the Broncos is wrong. It’s only 8” from the top of the hard top to the top of the light bar. They said the spec sheet where it shows 12” to the hard top is wrong that that is the dimension from the rubber seal.

So it looks like it’s the same height as before at 8” and 1” taller in the back at 6.5”.

Great news for RTT owners and fitting in your garage 🎉

See pic from Gobi.

They also confirmed that all three bronco models are the exact same height, including the new Raptor model

91E1B49B-BB71-4ED2-A7AD-03BBBF43A792.jpeg
The original spec sheet showed 8" from the rubber seal and @GrumpyVet confirmed that with measurement, so the 12" from rubber seal for the new one is still 4" higher.....Correct?? for a NON-Raptor version

Sponsored

Rebecca Tiffany

Badlands
First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The original spec sheet showed 8" from the rubber seal and @GrumpyVet confirmed that with measurement, so the 12" from rubber seal for the new one is still 4" higher.....Correct?? for a NON-Raptor version
Hmmm I think you might be right! I’m so confused lol. Either way I’m happy that it’s not 12” above the hardtop and only 8” but yeah would be nice to have it be the original! Darn!

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmm I think you might be right! I’m so confused lol. Either way I’m happy that it’s not 12” above the hardtop and only 8” but yeah would be nice to have it be the original! Darn!
did you confirm that Gobi did in fact raise the rack 4" from the original, regardless where measured from, it's still taller by 4"?

Rebecca Tiffany

Badlands
First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He didn’t specially confirm how much higher he just kept saying not much more and the 6.5” in the back but I do think you’re right and it’s still 4” taller in the front because he said the 12” is from the seal line not from the top making it 4” more than the original 8” unless the original 8” picture spec was wrong too.

Rebecca Tiffany

Badlands
First Name
Rebecca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok I confirmed the whole roof rack is only 1” taller than before. The 8” on the spec sheet used to be from the rubber seal on top of the car by the windshield. And the 8” in attached pic is from the top of roof panel and the 12.5” in attached pic is from the rubber seal under the roof panel.

These attached dimensions are the right ones and the most clear. Overall the height of the roof rack only increased 1”

535F4902-9861-4DCE-862F-9420481C5587.jpeg

81E5C547-2BF5-482A-A726-EC668ECA999A.jpeg

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok I confirmed the whole roof rack is only 1” taller than before. The 8” on the spec sheet used to be from the rubber seal on top of the car by the windshield. And the 8” in attached pic is from the top of roof panel and the 12.5” in attached pic is from the rubber seal under the roof panel.

These attached dimensions are the right ones and the most clear. Overall the height of the roof rack only increased 1”

Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] 81E5C547-2BF5-482A-A726-EC668ECA999A

Ford Bronco GOBI Bronco Rack Released [Official Specs & Photos] 81E5C547-2BF5-482A-A726-EC668ECA999A
Thanks for tracking this info down...Helps all the newer Gobi owners. This is all true for non-Raptor racks?
Sponsored