Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty sure their thing is free shipping or free install on all racks.
Sponsored

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Their website FAQs show installing by appointment only. I think trail recon has a YouTube video that said you either get free shipping or install. GOBI is supposed to call me sometime today so I’ll ask them if they still offer that.

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I spoke with GOBI yesterday and they confirmed Weston is no longer with the company. Once ready, GOBI stated they will announce on the forum. I just don’t know if it’ll be in this thread or the new one they created or possibly they’ll just start a third lol.
I suspect since this thread was started by Weston and he's no longer there, they would have to restart a new thread. The negative to that is all of us "watching" this thread will not get notified of a new thread, so hopefully one of us sees the new one and pings us all here so we jump.

Btw my last GOBI rack was on my 4runner and was easy to install myself and I believe free shipping. Also included free ladder. It's a great rack but the MAIN reason I'm so excited about this new version is it's ability to swing back and outta the way. My 4runner was pretty permanent and cleaning the roof was pretty challenging and almost impossible in some areas due to closeness of GOBI mesh. The mesh is a GREAT feature but made cleaning not so great. Mildew started to grow. Anyway, this swing type design is superior. I believe thru the ambiguity of reading Weston's responses the GOBI will not strictly (or at all) use the existing front mounts. I think they plan to run down the windshield pillar and attach at the base. Of course these locations also double as ditch light mounts, so interaction will be interesting. My hope is the windshield pillar pieces disconnect from the main rack allowing them to remain in place when you swing the rack back. If this is all welded together, it will make disconnecting the lights, etc challenging.

Looking forward to more details, but now wondering where/how we're gonna hear about them

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suspect since this thread was started by Weston and he's no longer there, they would have to restart a new thread. The negative to that is all of us "watching" this thread will not get notified of a new thread, so hopefully one of us sees the new one and pings us all here so we jump.

Btw my last GOBI rack was on my 4runner and was easy to install myself and I believe free shipping. Also included free ladder. It's a great rack but the MAIN reason I'm so excited about this new version is it's ability to swing back and outta the way. My 4runner was pretty permanent and cleaning the roof was pretty challenging and almost impossible in some areas due to closeness of GOBI mesh. The mesh is a GREAT feature but made cleaning not so great. Mildew started to grow. Anyway, this swing type design is superior. I believe thru the ambiguity of reading Weston's responses the GOBI will not strictly (or at all) use the existing front mounts. I think they plan to run down the windshield pillar and attach at the base. Of course these locations also double as ditch light mounts, so interaction will be interesting. My hope is the windshield pillar pieces disconnect from the main rack allowing them to remain in place when you swing the rack back. If this is all welded together, it will make disconnecting the lights, etc challenging.

Looking forward to more details, but now wondering where/how we're gonna hear about them
If you followed the other thread he did verify front supports do run down the sides of the windshield and the rack will detach from the front support, lean back for access to remove/clean the top. Furthermore for mic owners you’ll be able to remove panels with rack in place. Attaching the image here for anyone who missed it.

AAABAF2C-2F92-4676-855E-B3A93C193CA7.jpeg

Reactions: Axe

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Current status: DESIGN IS COMPLETE. TRANSITIONING FROM PROTOTYPE TO PRODUCTION ASSEMBLY.

Sign up for our preorder mailing list to be the first to receive updates and early access to ordering when available:

https://www.gobiracks.com/gobi-ford-bronco/

Hey all,

My name is Weston and I am with GOBI Racks here in Denver. We're anxiously awaiting our Bronco (estimated build date is mid-November), but we're ready to begin development as soon as possible. I wanted to introduce myself as a resource moving forward as well as extend an offer to those who already have possession of their 4 Door hard top.

Each of our racks are designed from the ground up to fit each make and model. Development time for a new platform is approximately 45 days. If someone here is willing to leave their vehicle at our Denver headquarters for that period, they will leave with a complete roof rack system and several free accessories of their choice.

To shed a little light on the pre-development brainstorming, our initial philosophy is a rack system similar to the Wranglers (photos attached for reference). The benefit to this design is our pivot system, which allows the rack system to quickly separate from the light bar and pivot back, making easy work of hard top removal or soft top actuation. As with virtually all of our products, this will be a user-friendly installation with no drilling required. The same rack system will fit both the hard and soft top. After the 4 door is finished, we will move to the 2 door so feel free to keep us in mind for that project as well. The priority right now is the 4 door hard top.

We're excited to get to work and I'm happy to be a part of the community. Feel free to message me here or at my email [email protected] if I can be of further help in the meantime.

Thanks!

Weston

Ford Bronco GOBI Racks is coming for the Bronco AAABAF2C-2F92-4676-855E-B3A93C193CA7

Ford Bronco GOBI Racks is coming for the Bronco AAABAF2C-2F92-4676-855E-B3A93C193CA7

Hey, I just emailed you and included pics if you are interested...

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@BAMF also mentioned working on a rack. Rocky Road as well.

I am not sure I can sign up for that massive cage of tubes on mine. It's 2022. I think we can come up with something more sleek.

Last edited:

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BAMF also mentioned working on a rack. Rocky Road as well.

I am not sure I can sign up for that massive cage of tubes on mine. It's 2021. I think we can come up with something more sleek.
More sleek? This isn’t the Blazer we got here. For me personally I want the rugged look. This is a true utilitarian and will be my camp truck.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
More sleek? This isn’t the Blazer we got here. For me personally I want the rugged look. This is a true utilitarian and will be my camp truck.
I agree with utilitarian - but, rack technology has gone a long way. Round tubular racks are going to look pretty dated on such a squared off vehicle. Maybe "sleek" was the wrong word. Check out Front Runner or Prinsu.

GrumpyVet

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with utilitarian - but, rack technology has gone a long way. Round tubular racks are going to look pretty dated on such a squared off vehicle. Maybe "sleek" was the wrong word. Check out Front Runner or Prinsu.
The problem I have with those aforementioned is you are sacrificing load limit and functionality for less surrounding material. The great thing about this country is we have the freedom of choice and what works for one might not be best for another. Everybody should weigh the pros and cons for their individual situation.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The problem I have with those aforementioned is you are sacrificing load limit and functionality for less surrounding material. The great thing about this country is we have the freedom of choice and what works for one might not be best for another. Everybody should weigh the pros and cons for their individual situation.
I totally agree. I just think someone can come up with a frame mounted solution that's more angular. I am holding out on BAMF and Archetype Racing to see what they come up with since they are focused on solutions for the soft top.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GOBI Racks

GOBI Racks

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Shanice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would much rather drive there and install in the parking lot instead of paying probably hundreds for shipping.
Hey guys! My name is Jade, I am going to release press about myself and the knowledge I have etc. I have taken over and we will be putting the final rack on the newest thread with the teaser images! We are going to post something within the next 1-2 week and are stoked to show yall! As you probably know, our prices include shipping costs and tax so, it will be the same with the Bronco rack!

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey guys! My name is Jade, I am going to release press about myself and the knowledge I have etc. I have taken over and we will be putting the final rack on the newest thread with the teaser images! We are going to post something within the next 1-2 week and are stoked to show yall! As you probably know, our prices include shipping costs and tax so, it will be the same with the Bronco rack!
Link to the newer post. I'm ready to see a solid rack design!

brnc_o_vrlndr

Badlands
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4-dr non-Sasquatch 7-spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the introduction! Looking forward to seeing what you all are coming up with!

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still on the edge of my seat…Getting a little tired and almost fell a few times but this thread (and new one) should keep me stable. Welcome Jade. Give us a link to new thread please and will there be a special deal for us “waiters”?

Inlinejohn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Change name on Avatar to Jade
Sponsored