Sponsored

Is anyone actively using SMS Exposed Racks on their Bronco?

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In practice - how are they? Using the clip-in system?

At this rate it’s the only logical solution if I plan to mount my Superlite at all this summer. Looking for some real world experiences.

I’m thinking a few of their clip-in platforms and quick release mounts for the GFC and an awning. Nice weather weekend and I can be all mounted up and ready to go in presumably minutes.
Sponsored

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428; Grand Wagoneer; MB 230E; Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m also interested, but because I’d like to cartop one of these with some click-in parts. I think you mentioned somewhere that you were going to visit the factory? Are they accepting customers there? I might go do the same.

6ECA98BA-FEB0-4778-92A1-AB5823386DD4.jpeg

OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think you mentioned somewhere that you were going to visit the factory? Are they accepting customers there? I might go do the same.
You just need the setup an appointment. It’s a bit of a hike (2+ hours) - but, it’s worth it if this is the solution I’m going with. Just hoping for some Bronco feedback before I pull the trigger.

I’ll also need to work in some fabric grommets into the JTop Bronco Shade…so, awaiting that to arrive so that I can assess the mounting points.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m also interested, but because I’d like to cartop one of these with some click-in parts. I think you mentioned somewhere that you were going to visit the factory? Are they accepting customers there? I might go do the same.

6ECA98BA-FEB0-4778-92A1-AB5823386DD4.jpeg
Never “sailed” anything, but that little contraption looks completely badass.

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Finally having spring weather and just put the racks on today. Tomorrow will play with the kayak attachments and see how they work :)

Sponsored
OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Finally having spring weather and just put the racks on today. Tomorrow will play with the kayak attachments and see how they work :)
Would you mind sharing the install instructions? I’m trying to assess how to make them work with the JTops Bronco Shade. (@JTopsUSA)

Thanks!

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These are the two main pages I think you would need from the instructions, (If you need more let me know my scanner just sucks.) The other instruction pages are just putting the bracket together and then attaching the bars to the bracket.
Ford Bronco Is anyone actively using SMS Exposed Racks on their Bronco? 1652094648087
Ford Bronco Is anyone actively using SMS Exposed Racks on their Bronco? 1652094675218

This thread shows some more pictures with the gear shade, I also attached the gearshade but I want something a little easier (maybe just lees bungee/ball things) to take on and off if possible.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...=Exposed Roof Rack-,installed,-under soft top

rabidmoravians

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have them installed and they are pretty nice. Good coating and fitment. I have to add extra padding to the bars to get our longboards to clear the windshield due to the boards rocker. Easy install though and i mounted the front racks on top of the “hardtop prep” bracket under my soft top to get a little extra height

OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks @Kimberley - I forgot about that thread. My oversight.

@rabidmoravians So, what’s the length between the two bars?

GFC Superlite is 90”. I’m thinking I’ll need the vertical plates to make up the length. Which doesn’t really help me solve the awning bracket solution.

OP
OP
redone17

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From my approximate measurements - it’s only 3 ft. That’s worrisome.

Sponsored

AlexInNY

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 428; Grand Wagoneer; MB 230E; Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Never “sailed” anything, but that little contraption looks completely badass.
It’s a high performance dinghy built like an inflatable SUP. Crazy world we’re living in.

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Is anyone actively using SMS Exposed Racks on their Bronco? 1652124694458
Ford Bronco Is anyone actively using SMS Exposed Racks on their Bronco? 1652125206167

Have not driven with it on yet but loving the setup, most likely will use the center holes when i am only taking one kayak, this is an 11 footer, i have a 12 ft eagle run that I think will easily fit side by side if I need to haul both.
Sponsored