Sponsored

SMS Exposed Roof Rack installed under soft top!

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@CoffeeSquatch

Thanks for sharing; it’s good to see where these crossbars mount. Does it give you options on where the bars mount or is that it?

Also, how long is the Kayak?

I have a 13.5 ft Kayak and have been considering the exposed racks. I have a Yakima Kayak lift assist because the Kayak is 80lbs and not impossible, but a pain to get on the roof by myself. I’m considering 2 kayaks for the future and to support 2 Lift Assists, it requires a 60” bar. In fact, with just 1 lift assist, I’m not sure the standard 48” bar is long enough.

We’ve seen other roof racks, but I just don’t need all that hardware. So it’s it’s exposed racks or if someone offers rails only where I can attach my own crossbars at whatever length I want.
The bars are mounted in one location. Cant move them.

Kayak is a Hobie Outback 12’9”

No way can i fit two kayaks up there unless you use the kayak mounts. Is a trailer an option for you?

I have the Y mount. My issue isn’t that my kayak is too wide for the brackets. When I'm loading the kayak i lift the front and place it between the the brackets. When i lift the rear, i am unable to get it high enough to lift it over the rear y mount. Maybe someone taller than 5’10” would be able to.
Sponsored

ne2000

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put mine on a few weeks ago, if you want to see a video

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Would be sweet if they had an aero bar option... like c'mon the product is literally designed to be used with the top off of the vehicle lol. Almost as bad as FORD DECIDING TO CREATE A FACTORY ROOFRACK THAT DOESNT ALLOW THE REMOVABLE PANELS TO BE REMOVED! smdh
One is being developed where you can be fully topless (your Bronco) and have a rack.
Thread 'RAKET “Multi-Top” Roof Rack coming soon - Q&A + Input'
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/raket-“multi-top”-roof-rack-coming-soon-q-a-input.47921/
Sponsored