Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So we've wanted a table installed on our Bronco for a while. I wasn't happy with the tables out there, since we wanted something really solid and durable. I did like the JCR table with regards to how it mounts. The rear plate that "sandwiches" to the tail gate seemed like the most solid. But the lead times were an issue and I still wasn't a huge fan of the support cables.

I've seen the Goose-Gear table and liked it, but it has a $529 price tag. BIG BUCKS. At the end of the day, I decided on the Goose-Gear. It was in stock from a dealer (yes we actually bought this at full price) and we had it within a week.

Installation was pretty straight forward. They use rivet nuts (provided) which is a pretty good way to mount things. I will say that anybody installing this... invest in the proper rivet nut gun to use. That'll make installation MUCH easier. We had a few issues with the provided tool (which is a bolt and a nut, that you use with a wrench/socket to tighten it down/mushroom the rivet). The LAST rivet bound up on us and free-spun. We had to cut it out and luckily our neighbor does automotive restorations so he was able to cut it out and put a new one in with a real rivet gun. MUCH BETTER! So invest in one of those tools or borrow a friends. It'll make installation MUCH easier (although installation was honestly pretty easy).

The table has some weight to it. That was a concern since we're already carrying a 35 x 13.50 spare. We do have a reinforced mounting system for the spare AND our VR Forged wheels are pretty light. So this should be fine.

Table is great. ROCK solid with a slide out cutting board (which was a big selling point for me, it's like a 2nd table). It would be nice if the cutting board had a small cut out area so you could grab it and pull it out, but it's just as easy to push it from the opposite side.

Ford Bronco Goose-Gear Table Installed Goose1

Ford Bronco Goose-Gear Table Installed Goose2

Ford Bronco Goose-Gear Table Installed Goose3

Ford Bronco Goose-Gear Table Installed Goose4

Ford Bronco Goose-Gear Table Installed Goose5

Ford Bronco Goose-Gear Table Installed Goose6

Ford Bronco Goose-Gear Table Installed Goose7

Ford Bronco Goose-Gear Table Installed Goose8

Ford Bronco Goose-Gear Table Installed Goose9

Sponsored

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How is that fridge tilting like that?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It looks like in the second photo the pull out and tilt down are not square with the mount. Can you confirm. Is it sagging? It's definitely not parallel or level or plum with the black rear plate. I'm really looking into something like this and I have a GG deck. Please advise.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It looks like in the second photo the pull out and tilt down are not square with the mount. Can you confirm. Is it sagging? It's definitely not parallel or level or plum with the black rear plate. I'm really looking into something like this and I have a GG deck. Please advise.
Correct. We all sat there at the shop going "uhhh is that thing crooked or is it me" and sure enough when we measured the top of the black bracket to the mounting point for the shelf. One side was about 4.5" and the other side was a little over 5"

But when it's opened the shelf is level. I THINK they did that for a reason, because the back plate is installed in alignment WITH the bronco swing gate but the swing gate may not be 100% level. So by doing this, when the table folds open, the table is level.

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Correct. We all sat there at the shop going "uhhh is that thing crooked or is it me" and sure enough when we measured the top of the black bracket to the mounting point for the shelf. One side was about 4.5" and the other side was a little over 5"

But when it's opened the shelf is level. I THINK they did that for a reason, because the back plate is installed in alignment WITH the bronco swing gate but the swing gate may not be 100% level. So by doing this, when the table folds open, the table is level.
Interesting. Thanks for the reply. Wonder why they didn't compensate on the plate? OCD here. (With some fab experience) Haha.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Interesting. Thanks for the reply. Wonder why they didn't compensate on the plate? OCD here. (With some fab experience) Haha.
yeah tell me about it. I was like "uhh I KNOW we measured and its align with the top" then one of the guys actually got a tape measure and measured it.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
yeah tell me about it. I was like "uhh I KNOW we measured and its align with the top" then one of the guys actually got a tape measure and measured it.
It looks really nice though. What are your honest thoughts?

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It looks really nice though. What are your honest thoughts?
I like it. As I said above, I DO recommend that you opt for a REAL rivet installation tool. The "Bolt and Socket" method WORKS but it's not the best. We had a few issues. One bolt was SLIGHTLY stripped a bit from using the BOLT they provided, probably because it was a bolt that had clearance issues behind it (the bolt they use is probably a universal one, and they didn't realize how shallow the bronco swing gate is). But when my neighbor used his it was much easier (im going to buy one now for the shop). He also re-tapped the problematic one since the threads were a TAD off from the "bolt tool"

I'd buy one again but again HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend using a proper rivet tool.

Ford Bronco Goose-Gear Table Installed 1649985122560

mbagne

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is the "reinforced mounting system for the spare" you are using?

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What is the "reinforced mounting system for the spare" you are using?
Ohh... That's the Rough Country one. Im waiting for a more solid american made one to come out with (Actually Hammer Built has come out with one, they put some videos up of them getting powder coated so we may swap that one in).

I'm not 100% sure IF it actually does anything. I mean if you look at the new Bronco Raptor Ford DID use a similar style reinforcement system. It's designed to I guess spread the load of the spare tire across the back instead of having it ALL rest on the hinges (but at the end of the day it's still resting on the hinges). But it'll spread that load out across the metal bracket instead of right on a few bolts.

I have a 37x13.50 tire so it's a heavier/bigger tire. BUT I also have a VR Forged D14 wheel which is a lighter rim so that works together.

JDoc92

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So we've wanted a table installed on our Bronco for a while. I wasn't happy with the tables out there, since we wanted something really solid and durable. I did like the JCR table with regards to how it mounts. The rear plate that "sandwiches" to the tail gate seemed like the most solid. But the lead times were an issue and I still wasn't a huge fan of the support cables.

I've seen the Goose-Gear table and liked it, but it has a $529 price tag. BIG BUCKS. At the end of the day, I decided on the Goose-Gear. It was in stock from a dealer (yes we actually bought this at full price) and we had it within a week.

Installation was pretty straight forward. They use rivet nuts (provided) which is a pretty good way to mount things. I will say that anybody installing this... invest in the proper rivet nut gun to use. That'll make installation MUCH easier. We had a few issues with the provided tool (which is a bolt and a nut, that you use with a wrench/socket to tighten it down/mushroom the rivet). The LAST rivet bound up on us and free-spun. We had to cut it out and luckily our neighbor does automotive restorations so he was able to cut it out and put a new one in with a real rivet gun. MUCH BETTER! So invest in one of those tools or borrow a friends. It'll make installation MUCH easier (although installation was honestly pretty easy).

The table has some weight to it. That was a concern since we're already carrying a 35 x 13.50 spare. We do have a reinforced mounting system for the spare AND our VR Forged wheels are pretty light. So this should be fine.

Table is great. ROCK solid with a slide out cutting board (which was a big selling point for me, it's like a 2nd table). It would be nice if the cutting board had a small cut out area so you could grab it and pull it out, but it's just as easy to push it from the opposite side.

How does it compare to this one? Look very similar.

https://outbackadventureproducts.com/product/bronco-trailgater-for-2021-22-ford-bronco/

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm not familiar with that so I can only go by what I read.

But that table uses your standard cable to hold the table up. I wasn't a fan of that. I wanted something more secure (although the cable seems more sturdy then the FORD one).

I'm not 100% sure how they mount theirs with these "slide in" nuts. They are basically relying (from what I read) on the existing cut-outs, but those cut-outs are only on the bottom. Not sure how it attaches on the top.

I think JCR has the most rugged mount though. They have a back plate that sandwiches everything so no drilling. That to me means you are not relying on a hole in the thin sheet metal. The Goose-Gear one uses rivet nuts, which are pretty big, but again, it's still relying on a nut within the sheet metal compared to something that is pulling the ENTIRE width of the sheet metal from behind as with the JCR. But again, JCR uses the cable style table support which I wasn't a fan of.

I like the cutting board though, that's one main reason I went with the goose-gear. So that's a plus.

It's definitely a good looking product. I'd just need to see it in person and see how they mount it to make a determination on if it's better or not. Hard to go by reading a website.

I did find this video on youtube though which im watching now

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So update. Just watched that video I linked. I saw all his stickers and said "man would be cool to see our sticker on there" and then at the end the guy gives us a shoutout and HAS our sticker on his tail gate, lol. NICE. If you're on here, thanks for the support!

So this table looks pretty nice. I do like that it requires no drilling. One thing that concerns me on the Outback table are the blind nuts. They are plastic (from what the video said). I have concerns over that. I'm sure it'll hold up just fine, don't get me wrong. But i'm a "belt + suspenders" kind of guy. I want something SOLID, which is why I'm a fan of JCR's no-drill mounting style. That "sandwhich" plate design I really dig. The rivet nuts that goose-gear uses are a great solution also. 6 mounting points is pretty rock solid as well.

Had I not bought the Goose-Gear one, I'd probably have gone with this outback adventure one given the choices out there. I like the cutting board. It's just added storage. I also like the back mounting panel to help protect the swing gate while cooking.

So I like it. Looks like a solid solution. Goose-Gear though has a nice fold-down system where it doesn't slam down. You have to pull it down actually as it's not held up by cables. Still looks like a great table though
Sponsored