First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi it's only day 2 of ownership and I have my weatertech mats installed, read Ford Cargo mat and changed the silver Bronco emblem to black. I have door pockets on their way but also need some hood struts and was thinking about either the Ford Performance ones or the Redline Tuning. Redline offers 3 types, one is carbon. I was wondering if anyone has chosen either of these as I'm not aware of the benefits of one over another or standard struts, compared to carbon or the elite pair. I appreciate any input as I would like to place an order this weekend.
B189F1B6-D6B3-4F33-8309-822A369076D8.jpeg
Sponsored

OMTBiker

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Tremor AMB | 2022 OBX SAS HPR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Redline Tuning is the way to go, just installed a set of the max lift version on the Bronco yesterday and had them on Jeeps before. They are the best out there and worth the money over knock-offs.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Redline Tuning is the way to go, just installed a set of the max lift version on the Bronco yesterday and had them on Jeeps before. They are the best out there and worth the money over knock-offs.
Can you expound on that? $99.95 seems a really arbitrary price that screams overhead and lining wallets. You generally pay for the brackets the manufacturers design or buy and pass on, the quality of the struts, and the ease of installation.

From $40 to $100 is a significant jump, though, and two of the less expensive options are cheaper than the Redlines. I remember all strut kits were $299 or so and then Chinese manufacturers and components became prolific. Are these Ohlins struts? Haha

I'm all for "buy once, cry once" and "we're too poor to buy cheap sh-tuff" but I don't see enough that proves they're worth the difference.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the Ford Performance ones. Ended up free with the Ford points you get because of the Bronco purchase. No shipping charge if you pickup at a local dealer. You should have about $220 or so of value. Generally there is a sale of some kind too of 10-25% off. Got the struts and their heavy cargo mat for about $20 tax included using the points.

Redline just had a sale. Not sure if still ongoing. Might have been along side Amazon Prime days.

OMTBiker

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Tremor AMB | 2022 OBX SAS HPR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can you expound on that? $99.95 seems a really arbitrary price that screams overhead and lining wallets. You generally pay for the brackets the manufacturers design or buy and pass on, the quality of the struts, and the ease of installation.

From $40 to $100 is a significant jump, though, and two of the less expensive options are cheaper than the Redlines. I remember all strut kits were $299 or so and then Chinese manufacturers and components became prolific. Are these Ohlins struts? Haha

I'm all for "buy once, cry once" and "we're too poor to buy cheap sh-tuff" but I don't see enough that proves they're worth the difference.
Sure; ease of installation, quality hardware, how the shocks operate and slow down before the end of extension, and warranty justifies the price in my eyes and that is all that matters to me. You do you.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought Ford Performance struts with a bucket a FordPass points during the Memorial Day sale which I reduced them to ~$85. 100% worth it if you’re going to be poking around in your engine regularly.

I believe the Ford Performance struts are actually Redline Tuning struts with a Ford sticker on them. But don’t quote me in that. (I’m sure @Redline Tuning themselves would know.) And as @BigHoof said… they were just on sale this past week for the prime day shenanigans.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or - and hear me out - Just take 1 second to use the hood prop that came with the truck?

This is the ultimate flex with your bro friends. “My hood support costs 70,000 Loonies - Because they came with the vehicle!”

*everyone cheers and clinks their Monster Energy Drinks together in celebration*

Last edited:

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I hate the hood prop . It’s always screamed cheap to me. The Redline hood struts are nice and work. I don’t know which ones I got but they were less than $50 if I remember correctly and install in minutes.

stuff a rag in the inner fender cause yer gonna drop a ratchet socket or nut some there and the Rag will stop that from happening.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or - and hear me out - Just take 1 second to use the hood prop that came with the truck?

This is the ultimate flex with your bro friends. “My hood support costs 70,000 Loonies - Because they came with the vehicle!”

*everyone cheers and clinks their Monster Energy Drinks together in celebration*
Some people buy hood props, others hood stickers. Why not just leave the hood bare? The sticker does nothing
:LOL:

stuff a rag in the inner fender cause yer gonna drop a ratchet socket or nut some there and the Rag will stop that from happening.
Lol, did that. Knew about it ahead of time and took great care not to drop but alas, down the fender it went.
:oops:

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some people buy hood props, others hood stickers. Why not just leave the hood bare? The sticker does nothing
:LOL:
Ford Bronco Got hood struts? 1689434644077

I disagree to some extent on the sticker comment - I have a "sticker" on my hood. Part of it is for aesthetics and to carry the matte black from the rear of my Bronco to the front (balance). However it also helps with headlight glare bouncing off the hood. I had this (from the factory) on my Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and it worked well, so it played a factor in the addition.

Ford Bronco Got hood struts? IMG_9027

Sponsored

GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes... the Ford Performance struts are Redline Tuning-sourced. I'm just not sure which version(MaxLIFT, maybe?) they are closest to.

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For what it's worth I've had Redlines on my Focus for about 10 years and over 240k miles with no issues.

I'm not saying others will have issues, but I put the standard Redlines on my Bronco.
Sponsored

Last edited: