Sponsored

Got my Bronco, with only a 10 day wait time!

OP
OP
kiya

kiya

Badlands
First Name
Kiya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan S, Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk, & Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Something not right here.
I know that you'd want to doubt a story like this considering the situation in the US.. except it's true. I can show deposit date and date of delivery if you're doubting any of this..
Sponsored

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow. I checked out the dealer OP linked. PDF brochure on their website for the 2022s. I don't think that exists in this country. Looks like only 4 door OBX and 2 and 4 door badlands are available in Mexico. But still 10 days. That is awesome.

Out of curiosity, are these still built in the US at MAP? Or is this built in Mexico. I was pretty sure they were all being built at MAP, but figured I would ask.

Seems flights to Mexico is trending on google right now. Wonder why??? LOL. My high school spanish is rusty, but if I am reading it correctly, 4 door OBX starting at 1,350,000 Mexican Pesos??? Google tells me that is USD $67,249. Might as well pay us dealer ADM.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kiya

kiya

Badlands
First Name
Kiya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow. I checked out the dealer OP linked. PDF brochure on their website for the 2022s. I don't think that exists in this country. Looks like only 4 door OBX and 2 and 4 door badlands are available in Mexico. But still 10 days. That is awesome.

Out of curiosity, are these still built in the US at MAP? Or is this built in Mexico. I was pretty sure they were all being built at MAP, but figured I would ask.

Seems flights to Mexico is trending on google right now. Wonder why??? LOL.
Yup, all Broncos in Mexico are built at MAP, are they being built at any other factory currently?

Sponsored

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much from pesos to US dollars? The idea came to mind a few weeks ago to find one across border cause I’m only 2 hrs away from MX.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mexico must be in direct competition with Puerto Rico.

Notmattwong

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Care to elaborate?
Person is salty you got a bronco probably before them. Jealousy is love and hate at the same time. Let them be mad lol, don’t hate the player, hate the game.

OP
OP
kiya

kiya

Badlands
First Name
Kiya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much from pesos to US dollars? The idea came to mind a few weeks ago to find one across border cause I’m only 2 hrs away from MX.
From what I understand you'd have to pay taxes on the car if you brought it into the US. The way it works in Mexico is the dealer registers your car and you go pick up your plates the Mexican equivalent of the DMV. You wouldn't be able to drive the car into the US without plates, right?
What I paid pre-tax converted into USD was about $61,700.

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ten day turnaround from order to delivery?? I do not even see how that's possible. Even back before covid, constraints and transportation issues 3-4 week turnarounds were considered fast.
Basically he "ordered" a spec that matched up to an already built and and delivered Bronco that was on the lot at another dealer.

This sorta thing used to be possible in the US before everyone went batshit insane.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought dealers quit taking orders?

OP
OP
kiya

kiya

Badlands
First Name
Kiya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought dealers quit taking orders?
What they do in Mexico is they take your order, then look for a dealer within the country which has one, and have it transferred over if they don't already have it on their lot for sale. Each dealer has a few sitting on their lot and there are tons of dealers across the country.
The car is not in any way affordable to most locals unfortunately, so the dealers are getting their allocation but the cars aren't selling nearly as fast as they are in the states.
Sponsored