JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha an intercooler, bigger turbos and a tune? That’s not the same engine anymore lol. I agree the 392 is massively over priced. 45K in a Challenger, 80K in a Jeep lol. I’d still take the 392 just for the sound and I love how it drives. I enjoy the 392 more than the small block in the Camaro, although i haven’t driven the newer one with more power. The 5.0 in the mustang to me has the perfect sound, it just sounds soooo good. To be fair though look at the Raptor, it’s less powerful than the 6.4 and almost the same price. Every manufacturer does it.
such entertainment........lol
Sponsored

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Haha an intercooler, bigger turbos and a tune? That’s not the same engine anymore lol. I agree the 392 is massively over priced. 45K in a Challenger, 80K in a Jeep lol. I’d still take the 392 just for the sound and I love how it drives. I enjoy the 392 more than the small block in the Camaro, although i haven’t driven the newer one with more power. The 5.0 in the mustang to me has the perfect sound, it just sounds soooo good. To be fair though look at the Raptor, it’s less powerful than the 6.4 and almost the same price. Every manufacturer does it.
I still think it's the same engine. Those are bolt ons. It's not really that evolved. Plus it would still cost way less then the Jeeps 392.

But honestly I'd be happy with just the performance tune from Ford. The 2.7 has plenty of power even bone stock. No need to get crazy.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
Letagoavs710

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I still think it's the same engine. Those are bolt ons. It's not really that evolved. Plus it would still cost way less then the Jeeps 392.

But honestly I'd be happy with just the performance tune from Ford. The 2.7 has plenty of power even bone stock. No need to get crazy.
That‘a true, it costs much less to do that. I was just laughing at the notion of replacing the turbos as a casual thing. Upgraded turbos/new turbos, intercooler and a tube that’s probably 7-8K with a shop install I’d bet. I wanted the tune for our 2.7, I was waiting for it. Now I won’t be buying it lol.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
That‘a true, it costs much less to do that. I was just laughing at the notion of replacing the turbos as a casual thing. Upgraded turbos/new turbos, intercooler and a tube that’s probably 7-8K with a shop install I’d bet. I wanted the tune for our 2.7, I was waiting for it. Now I won’t be buying it lol.
Maybe. But subtract the turbos and just do the other simple bolt ons with a good tune. You'll still get lots of power. The 2.7 bone stock already has 415 ft pounds of torque. What's the 392 470? Not that far off even stock.

I'm also digging the way the rush of the turbos feel. It's like a rocket booster when they kick in. It really adds to the fun. Lol. Also love the sounds they make. It's a different kind of enjoyment then a V8.

Sponsored

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol I’ve put so many people on ignore I don’t even know what’s happening anymore. Bronco6g stepped up their game big time, once someone’s on ignore you can’t even see their comments anymore even if you tried without taking everyone off ignore to see who it was. It’s perfect. 🥲

But yes, I’ve been here since August of 2020. I helped to organize Alberts funeral flowers and handled the donation for Jon (who created the Granger stickers) to the New Mexico wildlife foundation after his unfortunate and sudden passing as well. I’ve met several people here in person and attended Avalanche and Nuggets games with them.

But yeah I can only laugh. Nobody told them to come here and comment but they just had to lol. Imagine being that upset over the word, Jeep.

such a fun thread. Poor fella seems a lil miffed he can't connect on a Bronco so he buys a heep. and being a "very active participant in colorado" he starts trolling Bronco owners here. can't make this internet ignorance up. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

oh and most importantly "Welcome to ignore. 😘 "

another feature you clearly don't know how to use........

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

OP
OP
Letagoavs710

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
such a fun thread. Poor fella seems a lil miffed he can't connect on a Bronco so he buys a heep. and being a "very active participant in colorado" he starts trolling Bronco owners here. can't make this internet ignorance up. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

Somewhere a tree is tirelessly producing oxygen for you, you owe it an apology.

OP
OP
Letagoavs710

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe. But subtract the turbos and just do the other simple bolt ons with a good tune. You'll still get lots of power. The 2.7 bone stock already has 415 ft pounds of torque. What's the 392 470? Not that far off even stock.

I'm also digging the way the rush of the turbos feel. It's like a rocket booster when they kick in. It really adds to the fun. Lol. Also love the sounds they make. It's a different kind of enjoyment then a V8.
Yeah, the tunes what, $500? Plus you get the warranty. Yeah the 392 is 470/470. Only difference is the low down torque of the 392 makes roasting tires really easy lol. Ask me how I know 😂🙋🏻‍♂️

I know how you feel. Like I said I have the larger 3.5L Ecoboost in my work van. Even this heavy van gets up and moves. I’ve learned how to kinda get the turbos ready and it’s off to the races.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah. I'm a car guy myself and that's one of the big reasons why I Love the 2 door Bronco Sasquatch with the 2.7 engine.

It really has a Hot wheels, hot rod, Tonka truck vibe. It's like a big toy. It's just really cool. IMO.

I've been a muscle/high performance car guy forever and this is the first 4x4 type vehicle that fills that same emotion bill for me. Which is really good for me living in the Northeast.
Yep I think 2-door is where it's at, at least for folks who don't often need the extra capacity. I don't care about the engine power, but I like the maneuverability and more nimble driving experience in a shorter vehicle, regardless of maneuvering off-road or in a parking lot.

My old 81" wheelbase CJ-5 was the bomb for that, like driving a go-kart. Ford won't sell me a base 2-door, even though my rich neighbor got 2 Broncos right away. So f*ck Ford and the horse it didn't ride in on, lol. Thank god for Jeep!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Letagoavs710

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yep I think 2-door is where it's at, at least for folks who don't often need the extra capacity. I don't care about the engine power, but I like the maneuverability and more nimble driving experience in a shorter vehicle, regardless of maneuvering off-road or in a parking lot.

My old 81" wheelbase CJ-5 was the bomb for that, like driving a go-kart. Ford won't sell me a base 2-door, even though my rich neighbor got 2 Broncos right away. So f*ck Ford and the horse it didn't ride in on, lol. Thank god for Jeep!
Yeah, 2 door Bronco and 4 door Jeep. The 2 door Wrangler feels just a bit small in a 2 door. We rode in one as teens with my friend and when I went to test drive a JL a year or so ago I couldn’t do it.

OP
OP
Letagoavs710

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Here you go lol. 11 seconds 25-78 isn’t bad for a 5,200 pound work van loaded with parts and supplies. 😂 I’m not an Ecoboost hater lol.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here you go lol. 11 seconds 25-78 isn’t bad for a 5,200 pound work van loaded with parts and supplies. 😂 I’m not an Ecoboost hater lol.

Ecobeast work van. 🤣

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bravo bravo. But don’t waste to much of your time here …….. heepers trolling Bronco owners…… nothing more.
Sponsored