Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Graduated med school. Bar was high.

but he’s deep in debt.
Thanks for clarifying, because I was having some PTSD back to my high school graduation.

After the commencement, we all exited the front doors of the school field house, and parked smack there on the street, was a brand new car with huge bow on top. And some girl hugging her parent shouting "thank you daddy".

I think my parents gave me a camera lens as a graduation gift, lol.
Sponsored

MannyG20

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a bicycle in 4th grade. I can't comprehend someone buying me a new car. Seems pretty common though.
My dad bought me a motorcycle in 8th grade. The car I bought in 11th grade was my responsibility. Looking back it was the single best money lesson my dad ever taught me.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Congrats to the boy!

A Bronco may not be the best choice for someone in debt; high insurance, high fuel cost, high tire prices, etc.

A 2010 Civic may be more appropriate, unless you're footing the bill for the Bronco operating cost as well.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Due to the Doctor shortage, that debt maybe paid by a future employer once he finishes his residency. He may have to sign an employment contract but it's no biggie. I gave 8 years to Uncle Sam for a lot less college education.

Rural Communities and Towns all across flyover America need Doctors and Nurses. Military has always needed somebody to fix the holes in the bullett catchers. Plenty of opportunities to get that school debt wiped out and get paid pretty good to boot.

Give him the Bronco.

You take your Jeep lap dance.

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

but he’s deep in debt.
Unfortunately you seem to be already receiving a lot of hate on here and about how much your son is going to make.....Just let it all bounce off as your son's debt is likely more than many have paid for their house. I work with a lot of residents and they are going to spend the next 15-20 years paying off that college debt.

Congrats to your son and for you being able to help out. I am sure that he is extremely appreciative of what you are doing for him.

Sponsored

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes. I’m seriously considering getting him a scale model with a clever note. Just hard to pass up a bird in the hand.
its worth two in the bush

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

but he’s deep in debt.
Bar being high always confused me as a sign of difficulty. It makes me think of limbo. Bar high = easy!! (I've never limbo'd)

Congrats to your son. He's got some rough days ahead, but it'll be worth it.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately you seem to be already receiving a lot of hate on here and about how much your son is going to make.....Just let it all bounce off as your son's debt is likely more than many have paid for their house. I work with a lot of residents and they are going to spend the next 15-20 years paying off that college debt.

Congrats to your son and for you being able to help out. I am sure that he is extremely appreciative of what you are doing for him.
And those loans are at a higher interest rate than most loans so it keeps compounding... School loans should not be profited from.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It's a humble brag that the guy was buying a Bronco for his son for clearing the low bar of graduating. Now, he'll buy his son a Jeep. Hope that clarifies things.
Hell, when I graduated, all I got was an electric typewriter. It was 1979, so...

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
He should have just graduated highschool. And went to south America with a bottle of aspirin and a white jacket. Ive been treated down there. I think that's all that's required. He would have saved alot of money. Congratulations to him though that's no easy feet. Always respected people who put in work and got a college degree. I'm just a lowly UPS man slinging card board for a living.

OP
OP

JackD

Base
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Considering giving him my Maverick. He hasn’t seen it yet and I think it actually would be more practical for his use if I get a shell for it.

Doesn’t have the cool factor though which counts for a lot when you’re.young and single. Plus it’s XL with not much added.

we had a Cherokee once and I’m not a Jeep fan. To be fair mostly because of my dealer experiences.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you give him the Bronco then he could be “Doc Bronco” to his patients.

John Bronco would be proud but may expect free treatment for those medical conditions he picked up in the 70s and 80s after Bo Derek dumped him.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A few bucks under MSRP is no big deal unless you are impatient. You can order from Gupton and have it in about 8 weeks for 7% off INVOICE.
Sponsored