Sponsored

Got Stuck in Desert for Hours Because Bronco 4x4 System got Temporarily Disabled for no Obvious Reason

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get ya...and if it works for you so be it. I'm partial convinced that using the Goats also set the Bronco's expectations.... In other words, slipping wheels in Normal mode can confuse it and cause it to complain. Slipping wheels in Sand or mud/rut is expected.
This above is what I was trying to convey.

I'm not sure if there are more 'modes' to TC/SC other than on/off (and long press off) that you control with the button.

@BigMeatsBronco brings up a good point about Slippery having a more aggressive mode that can not be activated with the TC button.
Sponsored

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get ya...and if it works for you so be it. I'm partial convinced that using the Goats also set the Bronco's expectations.... In other words, slipping wheels in Normal mode can confuse it and cause it to complain. Slipping wheels in Sand or mud/rut is expected.
After experiencing the issue myself today and reading many threads this rings true to me.

We spent hours rock crawling without issue and it wasn't until we were nearly done that I flipped a trail turn assisted 180° in a snow covered parking lot (rock crawl mode) when the Christmas tree of errors appeared.

Due to the cold weather (20°'s) and the fact I hadn't been pushing it up until that point, the wheel speed seems more likely at fault than the clutch temps. The sensor on the outside wheel reported the error so that also checks out.

Shutting off and on didn't work. Manually shifting from normal mode into 4WD didn't work. Driving a few miles after we aired back up the errors cleared themselves.

I'll be watching this thread and packing my code scanner for the foreseeable future.

seananigans

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak 2.7l
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got stuck in a muddy trail. Water came into the front of the car and was getting helped by some friendly people and their winches. All 4WD shut off, which made it even more difficult for me to get out. Once back on the road, I cleared the code with pro cal and it seems fine. I did clear the code while stuck but the 4wd shut off immediately and removed my lockers from being set. Sucked pretty bad.

I moved my awd control module to place an air compressor and wonder if I may have screwed it up some how. I did blow my passenger rear tire while stuck in the mud hole so I'm not sure if that caused it to shut down.
Sponsored