First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
General Question for the thread. With 2 months until the transfer deadline, without a build tool, with pricing mostly unknown, & on top of all that, FORD only letting you transfer once, why transfer dealers now? Why not wait until everything is known and THEN switch? Just curios is all.
Sponsored

wy_overland

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Updated 7/30/2020 5pm central

Bronco Reservationist Dealer Change Process

Consumer interest was so high the night of our reveal, some aspects of our website did not perform as intended for selected Bronco enthusiasts. To resolve any concerns that may have been caused, we have enacted a change dealer process for current Bronco and Bronco Sport reservation holders. This process will be open to all US reservation holders, although not all consumers will be contacted as most of the concerns took place during the first four hours of the reveal.

Starting July 29th, all consumers who placed a reservation between the hours of 8 pm – Midnight EST the night of reveal on July 13th are being notified of their current dealer and informed of the process to change their dealer in case they were unable to select their preferred dealer. These communications are being staggered throughout the first few weeks of August to ensure a smooth customer experience with our call center.

Terms and Conditions:

· Customer must contact the Ford CRC to begin the process at (800) 334-4375

· Each reservation number can only change dealers once

· In order to ensure customers proceed to order with the correct dealership, change dealer requests must occur before close of business on October 31st, 2020

· The change dealer process occurs real time during the request being processed by the CRC agent

· Customers will receive a change dealer confirmation via email and will be refunded their $100 and now will hold a $0 reservation at the new dealer

· The first dealer will be notified of the cancellation in WBDO and via email to the current reservation contact set up in the eCommerce portal

· The second dealer will receive notification in the normal channels: WBDO, Dealer CRM and hot alert email. This new reservation is held at $0

Note: Due to technical limitations the original dealer may not see the cancellation record in WBDO for a short period of time. Our technical teams are working to bring these records back into your WBDO screens by mid-August. Thanks for your patience on this.

Why can a customer only change the dealer 1x before October 31st?

The reservation was made between the customer and the Dealer. We are only instituting this change due to system issues that occurred the night of the reveal where some customers were not able to place their reservation with their preferred Dealer.

Why is October 31st significant?

This date was chosen as it is prior to the order bank opening when customers will be eligible to place an order with their preferred Dealer.

When this letter gets posted and someone who doesn’t receive it sees it and says they had an issue but didn’t receive a letter, will we let them change their dealer?

Yes, anyone who contacts the CRC will be able to change their Dealer one time.

What if a customer didn’t receive the letter, didn’t have a problem, and still wants to change their dealer – can they?

Yes, anyone who contacts the CRC will be able to change their Dealer one time.

Why isn’t Bronco Brand / Ford letting all customer’s verify or update their dealer preference?
The reservation was made between the customer and the Dealer. We are only instituting this change due to system issues that occurred the night of the reveal where some customers were not able to place their reservation with their preferred Dealer. We are not asking all customers to verify their Dealer as it would be an additional step we would be asking them to take that would not provide any benefit if everything went as planned the night of the reveal.

The Bronco Team

Update 7/29/2020
We understand that there has been concern about Dealer selection for reservations. Our teams are working to ensure all customers can select and do business with their preferred dealer

(800) 334-4375 is the phone number to change your Bronco Reservation to Granger Ford. Our zip code 50109 for their reference if needed.

I have received many emails and PM on it..

1. Can a customer make changes to their reservation? Customers will be able to make changes and complete their Bronco configuration at the time the reservation is converted to an order.

2. Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed? Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received, based on final ordering and production of similarly configured Broncos.

3. When will customers be able to finalize their reservations? Reservations open on July 14th and will be finalized when customers complete the process with your dealer; that’s expected to be July for Bronco Sport and December for Bronco.

Ford no where states that you cannot change the First Edition to another dealership...

This information above is from our Regional sales manager...

Another great question came up about losing place in line to change dealerships

A - You will NOT lose your place in line on the production of the Bronco by changing dealerships...

updated 07/23/2020
I just talked to my Ford representative and it is NOT true about cancelling to reserve at another dealership!

Ford is working on a revamp to the site so that you can log in, go to your reservation and modify it there...

She will call me when it is done and ready...

As for the information here...I asked her to go to the site and she said Oh My I see...

She was going to reach out to her development team on the site and see if they might be able to reword that...

Updated 7/24/2020

You can change the model or door configuration of your reservation(S)

The only caveat, is understandable, you cannot specify a FIRST EDITION unless you have one reserved however you can have an FIRST EDITION reserved and move to a different model like everyone else..

Thank you for being open with all your information. Im waiting on a few local dealers to call back this week. But im pretty sure ill be switching to your dealership and enjoying an adventure back to Wyoming. Thank you.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
General Question for the thread. With 2 months until the transfer deadline, without a build tool, with pricing mostly unknown, & on top of all that, FORD only letting you transfer once, why transfer dealers now? Why not wait until everything is known and THEN switch? Just curios is all.
I like their honesty and it’s an excuse to get out of the house.

sbledsoe

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If my local dealer doesn't reply to my questions by Wednesday of this coming week, I'll be changing to Granger Ford. Honestly I don't know why I'm waiting? Guess I'm just trying to give my local guy a shot.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If my local dealer doesn't reply to my questions by Wednesday of this coming week, I'll be changing to Granger Ford. Honestly I don't know why I'm waiting? Guess I'm just trying to give my local guy a shot.
Are you starting to get, in general for everything, "I asked a simple question. It doesn't require doctoral thesis analysis" sickness? I know I am.

sbledsoe

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are you starting to get, in general for everything, "I asked a simple question. It doesn't require doctoral thesis analysis" sickness? I know I am.
No lol. I only asked about ADM and honoring x plan. So far crickets.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No lol. I only asked about ADM and honoring x plan. So far crickets.
Sorry for any confusion. It was an existential question rather than a car buying question.

jasonf

First Edition
First Name
jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’m in Danville and didn’t even bother doing the song and dance with local dealers with Albert being so open and helpful. We like things easy these days and Granger is about as “click to buy” as you can get.
I am from your area also and interested in granger yet the transport to Ca from them eats a lot of the savings .

Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am from your area also and interested in granger yet the transport to Ca from them eats a lot of the savings .
Yeah figure $1-1.2k for transport. Check uship for a ballpark #.
I figure to save close to $4k off MSRP. I’m going to do the fly and drive though. Think it will be a fun experience and have some family in the Midwest to visit.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Road trip! You have some good sites and parks on the way back to CA.

sbledsoe

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Road trip! You have some good sites and parks on the way back to CA.
If we switch to Granger Ford, We're planning a vacation to south Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado back though Kansas, Arkansas and eventually home to Louisiana.??

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's why it hardly seems worth the effort. Then what happens when it comes time for service or warranty work? You'll have to try to build a relationship with the dealer you pulled the reservation from to save few hundred and now you want them to help you. I'm happy to only have to drive 7 miles to my dealer and if something happens, they'll give me a loaner until mine gets fixed.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's why it hardly seems worth the effort. Then what happens when it comes time for service or warranty work? You'll have to try to build a relationship with the dealer you pulled the reservation from to save few hundred and now you want them to help you. I'm happy to only have to drive 7 miles to my dealer and if something happens, they'll give me a loaner until mine gets fixed.
I currently service my '19 Highlander at a competing Toyota dealer from where I bought it. 20 miles apart and they don't care to be honest. Sales and service departments hardly talk these days.

For context, I'm in the SF Bay Area with a crap ton of Toyota dealers, within 50 miles.

Also, previously purchased an Audi from a dealer in So Cal and had it shipped up north and serviced here locally at the dealer and service was fantastic. Its been a few years, but I still remember my service advisors name, Michael F. He always hooked up me. I used to bring the guys in the shop beer and they took care of me as well.

I think building a relationship with your service advisor is what is most critical...come to think of it.

Service just wants the business, they get paid by the manufacturer on warranty work as well. I've had several items replaced under warranty and recalls completed and they have been great about it. Heck the car even had a competing dealer's license plate frame on the car, no one bat an eye.
Also, most serviced advisors are commissioned, they don't care where the car came from, they just want you to keep coming back to them and not their co-worker for service.

I'm not flinching on saving a substantial amount and rewarding a very helpful and upfront dealer, all while making a really fun trip out of it.
Sponsored