Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's why it hardly seems worth the effort. Then what happens when it comes time for service or warranty work? You'll have to try to build a relationship with the dealer you pulled the reservation from...
There isn't enough Lysol in the world.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have Granger plan all planned out, if I switch to them. I live in the far sw suburbs of Chicago. Fly to DesMoines. (I have SWA points) There are no non-stops, so I'd have to go through St Louis. Bummer.

Uber from DesMoines airport to Granger. Drive the Bronco to visit cousin in northern Iowa. Then east through Galena, Il (scenic). South along the Mississippi for a while then east to home. Total 8.5 hrs. Fun road trip.

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have Granger plan all planned out, if I switch to them. I live in the far sw suburbs of Chicago. Fly to DesMoines. (I have SWA points) There are no non-stops, so I'd have to go through St Louis. Bummer.

Uber from DesMoines airport to Granger. Drive the Bronco to visit cousin in northern Iowa. Then east through Galena, Il (scenic). South along the Mississippi for a while then east to home. Total 8.5 hrs. Fun road trip.
I am in NW suburbs....Why not just rent an enterprise car for a 1 way drive over? That is what I am thinking about doing.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Granger will pick you up at the airport.

Sponsored

sbledsoe

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I switched to Granger today. Main reason was to make sure I was getting a good deal and not paying msrp or more. Secondly, I'm making it a Bronco vacation driving through south Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado, then east through Kansas, south through Arkansas, back home to Louisiana. We can't wait! Hopefully we can catch a few trails in Colorado! Taking her up pikes peak should be fun. She thinks the Ozarks are big! Lol My wife hasn't travelled to many states, so I'm trying to knock a few off her list ??

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am in NW suburbs....Why not just rent an enterprise car for a 1 way drive over? That is what I am thinking about doing.
Thanks for the idea!

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Better yet rent a Jeep if you can on your way there and drive the Bronco back!?

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I switched to Granger today. Main reason was to make sure I was getting a good deal and not paying msrp or more. Secondly, I'm making it a Bronco vacation driving through south Dakota, Wyoming, Colorado, then east through Kansas, south through Arkansas, back home to Louisiana. We can't wait! Hopefully we can catch a few trails in Colorado! Taking her up pikes peak should be fun. She thinks the Ozarks are big! Lol My wife hasn't travelled to many states, so I'm trying to knock a few off her list ??
I'd recommend Mt Evans instead of Pikes. Same effect, 1/4 the price to drive up. As you finalize your itinerary, be sure to post up. I can throw out some trail recommendations in Colorado depending on where you'll be and your desired difficulty.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bet Iowa is a nice place to visit. It's what may between there and here that I wonder about?
I have driven Iowa - Phoenix (friend that lives there) and back many times...

I want to do that trip at a comfort level some time...i.e. take my time...

I start at dark in Iowa or Arizona and power drive home with the wife as co driver...

Met some great people along the way and there is interesting scenery that does not get appreciated at 70mps from the interstates...

Secondary highways would be preferred by me for my next trip...

Sponsored

sbledsoe

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'd recommend Mt Evans instead of Pikes. Same effect, 1/4 the price to drive up. As you finalize your itinerary, be sure to post up. I can throw out some trail recommendations in Colorado depending on where you'll be and your desired difficulty.

Thank you for the recommendation! I'll definitely post my itinerary so you can give me more recommendations. As of now, I plan on spending 3-4 days in Colorado. As for difficulty level, I have no experience so beginner/intermediate would be my preference. I am not interested in tearing up my new bronco the first week! Lol

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Save $$ on the Uber, have Granger pick you up. They offer that to out of town buyers. Other than that, enjoy NE Iowa, it's beautiful up there. Maybe take a route further north and hit Decorah and come down the Mississippi River from the north into Dubuque. Then cross the river to Galena. Just a thought.

edit: Toppling Goliath Brewing Company
I have a friend that raves about this place, so it's on my list to hit on my way home to the West Suburbs.

Last edited:

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have friends just south of Denver, who map trails for a popular off-road trail website, so feel free to hit me up as well. I can get recommendations from them as well or connect you to them via social media if you want.

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Talk about beating a dead horse....I know this has been discussed enough, but I'm still not convinced...Ford is not Tesla. There is an allocation process that occurs. Reservations will be filled in as close to when received as possible. That doesn't eliminate the allocation process in my mind. I'm lucky, I have an early reservation, but if I were to have a later reservation I'd be concerned about when my order would be filled based on allocation process if I move to somewhere with a lot of buyers.

Not trying to start a whole new thread, just hoping someone has CONFIRMED they won't follow the allocation system which I'm guessing is a breach of contract with their dealer network. I'm not saying I won't switch, I'm just saying I'll be waiting until the last possible minute for any true confirmation from Ford.

I love what Granger has done in providing the info they have, and glad they're getting the business they deserve. I just wish there was more concrete information/confirmation from Ford.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A fair number of us have been thinking of (or already have) switching our reservations to out of state dealers to take advantage of better pricing. Will home state emission requirements present a problem when buying from an out of state dealer?
I am in NY and am considering switching my reservation to Granger or Stephens. Will I run into a problem with getting my Bronco registered in NY?
Dave all Fords are 50 state compliant...
Sponsored