William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

That's why it hardly seems worth the effort. Then what happens when it comes time for service or warranty work? You'll have to try to build a relationship with the dealer you pulled the reservation from to save few hundred and now you want them to help you. I'm happy to only have to drive 7 miles to my dealer and if something happens, they'll give me a loaner until mine gets fixed.
I bought my last new car at a competing dealer and had it serviced locally with no issue. Unless you truly have a buddy at the dealer or are married to the owner you don't have a relationship with the dealer, it's a transaction.

It's all your call on where you want to buy, my reservation is at Granger for the 1300 under invoice. Odds are I'll probably not pocket much of those savings since I plan on rolling a vacation in on it too and try to visit what I can in the area since I've never been to that part of the country. So basically Albert is giving me a reason to take a vacation, see something new and enjoy some family time basically for free!
Sponsored

jayhawkco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just switched mine over. Excited to do business with you whenever they get around to my September reservation. :)

Chris

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That's why it hardly seems worth the effort. Then what happens when it comes time for service or warranty work? You'll have to try to build a relationship with the dealer you pulled the reservation from to save few hundred and now you want them to help you.
I take my vehicles to the dealer of purchase. Not once have they noticed or asked where I got my ride from. I have never seen any benefit of service from a purchase dealer. The service department doesn’t care where you got it from. They will service just the same.

I'm in a city over 1.5 million, you have to make an appointment to schedule service they are so busy.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well....I finally pulled the trigged and moved to Granger after weeks of supporting them on Bronco6G. Put my money where my mouth is.

I'm really looking forward to this 10 month experience. I really do hope I start to spend less time on the forum as the months progress. We're so far out and I've spent way too much time on here.

I asked the marketing representative on the phone if a lot of people are switching dealers. He said, 'oh yeah'. I then asked if people are going to a certain few dealers, to which his reply was, "yes, Granger @Granger Ford being the most popular, followed by Kearny Mesa @EricAtKearnyMesaFord and then Sewell." He also mentioned Stephens @StephensAutoCenter .

Cool to see the dealers on the forum getting some love in reservations.

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well....I finally pulled the trigged and moved to Granger after weeks of supporting them on Bronco6G. Put my money where my mouth is.

I'm really looking forward to this 10 month experience. I really do hope I start to spend less time on the forum as the months progress. We're so far out and I've spent way too much time on here.

I asked the marketing representative on the phone if a lot of people are switching dealers. He said, 'oh yeah'. I then asked if people are going to a certain few dealers, to which his reply was, "yes, Granger @Granger Ford being the most popular, followed by Kearny Mesa @EricAtKearnyMesaFord and then Sewell." He also mentioned Stephens @StephensAutoCenter .

Welcome to the Broncotown USA group. I switched a while ago and also asked the representative about switching. She said that she had three others already that morning switch to Granger.

I am excited about getting my Bronco from Albert and the team at Granger. But, I am still anxiously awaiting B&P as well. I need to know if I can get some sweet ad-ons like the pull-out tray, tube doors, what color top choices do I have, etc.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for the reservation switch, I am hoping that those others are getting a good amount of love on here as well...

The time that the forum consumes me at times as well, but the information share is hard to beat...

Went to the FB Bronco 2021 to defend our name and they are just rude to each other on that place...

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Went to the FB Bronco 2021 to defend our name and they are just rude to each other on that place...
Yeah I saw that. I wanted to tell you to quit while you were ahead! haha its just a rabbit hole with a lot of them.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I saw that. I wanted to tell you to quit while you were ahead! haha its just a rabbit hole with a lot of them.
I am ignoring most of the weirdos and there are many...

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's why it hardly seems worth the effort. Then what happens when it comes time for service or warranty work? You'll have to try to build a relationship with the dealer you pulled the reservation from to save few hundred and now you want them to help you. I'm happy to only have to drive 7 miles to my dealer and if something happens, they'll give me a loaner until mine gets fixed.
Unless the same people selling cars are the ones working in the Service Dept they don't care where you bought it. And if the same people selling cars ARE working in Service I wouldn't want to get my vehicle serviced there.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Unless the same people selling cars are the ones working in the Service Dept they don't care where you bought it. And if the same people selling cars ARE working in Service I wouldn't want to get my vehicle serviced there.
The main point of my comment seems to have been cut off. The person I replied to said that much of any savings would be eaten up getting the vehicle home. That's what I was agreeing with. I think some are figuring costs down to the last penny and will find they have to spend more. While most will likely have a great experience, some will run into unplanned situations that will cost them time and money. Being in a strange area hundreds of miles from home carries certain risks with it. If I'm saving $500, it's not worth it to me.

Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The main point of my comment seems to have been cut off. The person I replied to said that much of any savings would be eaten up getting the vehicle home. That's what I was agreeing with. I think some are figuring costs down to the last penny and will find they have to spend more. While most will likely have a great experience, some will run into unplanned situations that will cost them time and money. Being in a strange area hundreds of miles from home carries certain risks with it. If I'm saving $500, it's not worth it to me.
I live next door and I can assure you that Iowa isn't really all that strange. ?

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live next door and I can assure you that Iowa isn't really all that strange. ?
Most of us aren’t strange... me on the other hand... crazy like a pack of clowns ?

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I bet Iowa is a nice place to visit. It's what may between there and here that I wonder about?
Yeah, Nebraska is pretty sketch. :ROFLMAO:

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bet Iowa is a nice place to visit. It's what may between there and here that I wonder about?
Hey that's cool, everyone has their own comfort factor. I've ridden my motorcycle all over the country so I'm pretty open to that kind of thing. Only "strange" place I encountered was Arkansas. It's a long story so let's just say that when I need to travel through Arkansas now I always make sure my tank is filled up before crossing the state line.?
Sponsored