First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blazer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve left my basesquatch for a few tiles and came back to notice the parking lights were on (interior also I believe). I’ve also noticed the green parking light indicator on the dash while driving at night. It happened about 5 times. I may have accidentally turned the light knob while exiting the vehicle, and put it back to auto. Dealership wants to do a scan, but I may cancel if it’s just pilot error. The question I have is it normal for the green icon to be on at night? Thanks in advance…

652EFF58-15F4-407E-BCFE-B2593AC83764.jpeg
Sponsored

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That's a headlights on indicator. So yes, should be on at night.

Edit: Actually, "Exterior Lighting", so parking lights on and/or headlights on will give you this lighted symbol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pakalolo

Pakalolo

Base
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blazer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks Mikec

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Also, the headlight knob doesn't have "hard" positions. You can sit there and spin it clockwise or counter-clockwise all day. Every time you start up the Bronco it will default to the Automatic position.

9012BA11-2196-4521-A0DF-06D012C43B2E.jpeg

OP
OP
Pakalolo

Pakalolo

Base
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blazer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, that’s what I think may have happened when I came back to see the lights on. My knee or something spun the knob and since it was daytime I didn’t notice the lights stayed on. Fortunately it was only a short time before I got back or a coworker turned it off for me. The salesman didn’t even know about the default until I showed him … appreciate the help … glad you weren’t one of the “read the manual/ do a search “ guys (I did for the last couple days. Saw a couple people had the same issues with their sport…

Sponsored

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There’s a couple of us whose lights will turn on randomly when vehicle is parked. I have a hunch that it has to do with the auto light sensor as it seems to be when I park before sunset and return to the vehicle after it’s dark. It’s happened maybe 3-4 times in the last month. My dealer hasn’t seen anything come across his desk from ford addressing the issue and I don’t want to leave my vehicle at the dealership for a few days while they trouble shoot (electrical takes forever). So documented it with them and will wait until it’s a known issue. It’s impossible to replicate— I’ve tried every light setting and locking method.. it’s not annoying enough yet to bring it in..

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
There’s a couple of us whose lights will turn on randomly when vehicle is parked. I have a hunch that it has to do with the auto light sensor as it seems to be when I park before sunset and return to the vehicle after it’s dark. It’s happened maybe 3-4 times in the last month. My dealer hasn’t seen anything come across his desk from ford addressing the issue and I don’t want to leave my vehicle at the dealership for a few days while they trouble shoot (electrical takes forever). So documented it with them and will wait until it’s a known issue. It’s impossible to replicate— I’ve tried every light setting and locking method.. it’s not annoying enough yet to bring it in..
Does it only happen if you leave the lights on Auto? I'd wonder if you turn the dial to lamps off when parked if it can still happen?

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve left my basesquatch for a few tiles and came back to notice the parking lights were on (interior also I believe). I’ve also noticed the green parking light indicator on the dash while driving at night. It happened about 5 times. I may have accidentally turned the light knob while exiting the vehicle, and put it back to auto. Dealership wants to do a scan, but I may cancel if it’s just pilot error. The question I have is it normal for the green icon to be on at night? Thanks in advance…

Ford Bronco Green parking light indicator on dash 9012BA11-2196-4521-A0DF-06D012C43B2E
Yeah I too regulary hit the dial with me knee getting in and out...I just adjusted then how I get in out of the vehicle!!

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Should light up when the headlights come on, if you have fog lights, that green indicator light is on the left side of the cluster. Mine switch is set to and left on Auto.

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Base’s lights will randomly turn on while the rig is off and parked… seems to be if I unlock and open the doors a few times. I’ve thrown a piece of tape over the light knob to stop it from being accidentally spun by my knee while hopping out - still, the lights have a mind of there own

Sponsored

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does it only happen if you leave the lights on Auto? I'd wonder if you turn the dial to lamps off when parked if it can still happen?
Yeah only when left in auto. But when I return to the car the dial isn’t backlight and there’s no orange light indicated the selection

OP
OP
Pakalolo

Pakalolo

Base
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blazer
Your Bronco Model
Base
it may have happened again. I saw the parking indicator on and it’s bright sunshine out, and there was no indication on the knob. I turned the knob up twice then it went to auto. I was paying attention this entire time and was careless leaving the bronco when it happened, but it’s off now…

OP
OP
Pakalolo

Pakalolo

Base
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blazer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m gonna do the tape thing before bringing it in…

Griffstar07

Base
First Name
M.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base, Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I too have a Base and I have had the problem too. I went through all my fuses both under the dash and under the hood. Some were “loose” and they moved in when I pushed them. When pulling down the cover under the dash, be careful to not break anything while doing this. I also checked the plug on the back of the switch. I even tightened all my battery connection.

Before shutting off the engine, I turn the lights off. That seemed to stop it. However it did it one more time, and that was when I drove the truck only a few minutes.

I have turned all the automatic light controls off in Sync that it allows you to do.

It’s my weekend vehicle and I’ve been out of town so I am still trying to track the issue. Ensuring the lights are in the off position, and verifying through the window they are off after locking seems the best process so far.

I am curious if others have experienced this only after a short drive?

OP
OP
Pakalolo

Pakalolo

Base
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blazer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I too have a Base and I have had the problem too. I went through all my fuses both under the dash and under the hood. Some were “loose” and they moved in when I pushed them. When pulling down the cover under the dash, be careful to not break anything while doing this. I also checked the plug on the back of the switch. I even tightened all my battery connection.

Before shutting off the engine, I turn the lights off. That seemed to stop it. However it did it one more time, and that was when I drove the truck only a few minutes.

I have turned all the automatic light controls off in Sync that it allows you to do.

It’s my weekend vehicle and I’ve been out of town so I am still trying to track the issue. Ensuring the lights are in the off position, and verifying through the window they are off after locking seems the best process so far.

I am curious if others have experienced this only after a short drive?
Except for one time, I only do short drives. I’ve only had it about 3 weeks. Something I did notice was the “allow Ford to get information “ pop up came on my screen before it happened today. Could be a coincidence but it’s something I’ll keep an eye out for (I hit the maybe later button). I also turned off all the auto lights that I’m allowed to..
Sponsored