Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Gen2 Raptor Midtravel / TowRunner F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just saw their install video for their parts and these look like the type of thing I would get. How the reinforcement is attached really looks good by not relying on the sheet metal at all.

exactly!
we have lots of experience with the systems that strap gear to the spare tire. They work great on the jeep but our broncos deserve something made for for them exclusively. Because our tailgates are aluminum, we designed our system to alleviate the added stress by distributing the load of a heavier tire/wheel/gear across the reinforcement plate, which then ties into the hinges for extra support.

Our goal was to not only reinforce the tailgate, but to give us storage for offroad gear that doesn't have a place inside(fuel/dirty tractionbaords, etc) as well as a place to attach a antenna/flag/ or even a chase light!

check out the video I made above and feel free to reach out anytime guys, 9154490881!

Last edited:

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I also have a 2 door and feel your pain of the short range. Currently we are testing our new Maxtrax Molle mount that will also has the option to secure a high lift jack or 4 gallon rotopax unit.

The official weight ratting is 133lbs, 133lbs-87lbs for the factory sas wheel/tire leaves us 46 lbs to play with if you want to stay inside the factory specs. Mounting 10 gallos of fuel is not only heavy but bulky, I can't visualize where the second can would go. Its safe to say 4/5 gallons is the most I feel comfortable storing on the rear tailgate.

From my personal testing of the 2-3 gallon tanks/traction boards, I feel reinforcing the hinges is unnecessary. I hung my entire body weight on the open tailgate and was surprised by how little it flexed. When the tailgate is closed the forces on those hinges are relatively minor. The stress on the tailgate itself is greatest offroad, as bouncing down the trail puts sheer forces on the tire carrier mounting points, which causes unwanted noises/movement in the spare tire and could cause permant damage overtime.

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Last edited:

Dan66

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 explorer platinum 2014 ram limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is it just me or is there something wrong with their website? I only get a Cannot Open message when I try to get there. Same for Safari, Chrome and Edge.
Works fine for me try clearing your cookies

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So am I the only one who's slightly bothered by the backwards logo?

Looks like a great product though, definitely on my list

OP
OP

CyberOrangeBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

My bracket is one of the earliest versions of it, when I asked Tyson about the HB being backwards he explained to me that they did this so that the logo would read correctly with the spare tire removed as it wouldn't be visible with the rotopax installed. At some point they changed it and here is what I believe to be the latest version. As you can see they've changed it a lil bit, and as they got some real world feedback decided change the logo orientation.

Screenshot_20220512-050322_Instagram.jpg

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Two questions for you:

1. I saw a previous post that mentioned that the reinforcement bracket will be shipped with stainless mounting hardware. Is there any option still for black? I have an antimatter blue 2 door and would like to stay away from stainless as much as possible. Yes, I agree that the performance and function is most important, but if we can have appearance without compromising function that would be great.

2. This one is more complicated. Are you all (or anyone else out there that you know of) working on a non-factory spare tire mount for oversize wheels/tires? My combination weighs about 110 pounds, but the offset/backspace of the wheel really hangs it pretty far away from the gate itself. Looking for something that's about an inch shorter in length than factory to tuck it in tighter. Just curious.
1.). Our hardware source offers a black corrosion free version of our hardware but its currently backordered. We will be offering that option when it becomes available as well as 12 point hardware for those who appreciate fancy hardware!

2.)what offset are you using? no plans to design a new tire carrier but may I suggest a hitch mounted carrier from Riged...

Last edited:

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Not sure if you saw CyberOrangeBroncos reply, but my initial thought was to orientate the HB logo so it would be visible and legible from the tire side when if you ever had to replace a flat. I listened to our fans and switched it to read from the tank side as it was less confusing when going to install the arm..

Customer feedback is extremely important to us as I want the community to be involved as much as possible! If anyone else has any questions/concerns, or even requests please never hesitate to share!

Sponsored

Midlife Crisis

Badlands
First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing my 86 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1.). Our hardware source offers a black corrosion free version of our hardware but its currently backordered. We will be offering that option when it becomes available as well as 12 point hardware for those who appreciate fancy hardware!

2.)what offset are you using? no plans to design a new tire carrier but may I suggest a hitch mounted carrier from Riged...
Will the hardware be available for purchase for those that have already received the tire support?

Blue Hen

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi Tyson do you provide spacers for the two rubber bump stops that prevent tire shake.

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Will the hardware be available for purchase for those that have already received the tire support?
yes of course, we will send a email to every one when the black hardware is back on line.

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi Tyson do you provide spacers for the two rubber bump stops that prevent tire shake.
no we do not, with the added support our system provides, we saw no need to extend those rubber bumps. In fact, most need to trim the spacers if staying with factory wheel while using a wider tire.

We even have a customer running 40" tires with a wide offset wheel with no issues after installing our reinforcement kit.
Ford Bronco Hammer Built Tire Support and Rotopax Bracket Accessory Review plus Pics 1682FDFC-AE86-4B4E-BFBF-B4F851D2DBF6

Last edited:

DoYouBronco

Wildtrak
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hpbuilt.shop
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@DoYouBronco do you guys have any pictures of your bracket holding traction boards? I’d like a way to mount 4 maxtrax without using a roof rack. Thanks!
Sponsored