Robosurgass

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Has anyone come across an after market hand gun safe (hopefully biometric) to attach to the passenger side accessory on the middle console? Think it's the perfect place to have your handgun for personal protection that's bolted in.
Sponsored

tobands

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX , 2014 Escape Titaimium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
nothing better than a concealed carry permit and a holster.. Locked in a safe , by the time you unlock it get it out you would be the looser...

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

nothing better than a concealed carry permit and a holster.. Locked in a safe , by the time you unlock it get it out you would be the looser...
Yeah, if you're going to bring your weapon with you. I personally always have it concealed on my person.
If you have to have it locked up for whatever reason have it locked in the center console safe.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree 100 percent. Unfortunately, can't carry everywhere. I usually won't give those places my business but sometimes it's unavoidable. In those situations it's nice to be able to secure your sidearm

Enginerd39

Badlands
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could be wrong here, but I think he's talking about for when he's driving. You would take it out and arm your person before you get out. CWP storage basically. For a lot of people, it's the center console or glovebox, has to be a closed container in most states. But it would be nice to have something more secure, especially for the few times when you can't be strapped, or at work, etc.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Robosurgass

Robosurgass

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Everyone has good points. I never conceal carry on me personally as I live in an area (hopefully) that I don't feel the need. I live in northern Michigan w little crime. Just looking for something w quick access if I'm traveling which I will be later this year across many states. Don't know if matters,but former military and always aware of my surroundings. Just looking for a biometric quick option..

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I live in Houston and carry everywhere.

Places that have posted no carry 30.06 writing are the only places I won’t go. And I can avoid them 99% of the time. And tbh most cops would rather come and deal with you if it’s reported, and likely not write you a ticket, than take your stolen gun report afterwards.

That said, I do have the Ford center console safe on my Bronco, but I haven’t had a need to use it yet. I think if I needed to leave my gun, it’s double layer of security. The safe locks, and then the console locks as well. A thief is really gonna have to try hard and maybe have some tools with him to get to that.

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
As stated above, don't leave it in a safe. Always carry it on your person. I was going to install a magnet holder to the underside of the driver dash to hold my daily carry, but the side of the console comes up too close to my right leg, and I think the firearm would get in the way. So I'm going to have to figure something else out. For now, I'm just keeping it on me in the holster, and make sure my seatbelt slides behind it for quick access, if needed.

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Everyone has good points. I never conceal carry on me personally as I live in an area (hopefully) that I don't feel the need. I live in northern Michigan w little crime.

I am in no way trying to shame you here, but this kind of thinking is what gets people in bad situations. If you can carry, do it. When you feel "it can't happen to me/or where I live", that's when it happens. Always be vigilant. I pray you never get caught in a situation where you wished you had carried that time.

Sponsored

TCC

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX -> WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have an extra IWB holster in my Mountain Metal door pocket. Also have the Ford console safe for when I need to stash it briefly. I never leaving it the car otherwise.

257AB111-4F0C-4412-90A6-50D36439E800.jpeg

Klunatic

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As stated above, don't leave it in a safe. Always carry it on your person. I was going to install a magnet holder to the underside of the driver dash to hold my daily carry, but the side of the console comes up too close to my right leg, and I think the firearm would get in the way. So I'm going to have to figure something else out. For now, I'm just keeping it on me in the holster, and make sure my seatbelt slides behind it for quick access, if needed.
Where do you put your gun if you have to go into a restricted location? A safe is not a substitute for a holster for carry. Its to secure the firearm temporarily if you can't carry a firearm into a restricted location like Government building, Post office, airport, school etc... It is also NOT for long term storage, you should never leave a firearm in your vehicle overnight. I got this safe because its both hidden and secure and only use it if I can't carry my gun into a restricted location. If I didn't have the safe I would have to either leave the gun at home or leave it in a locked glove box or carry illegally into a secure location, neither of which I would ever do.

Ford Bronco Handgun safe for Bronco 20230323_104311
Ford Bronco Handgun safe for Bronco 20230323_104252
Sponsored