First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone come across an after market hand gun safe (hopefully biometric) to attach to the passenger side accessory on the middle console? Think it's the perfect place to have your handgun for personal protection that's bolted in.
I have the console vault. It lives normally with the combination unlocked and the catch just turned to keep the spring-loaded lid closed. I don't think I've ever put a firearm there besides test fit. It needs a foam liner or holster catch to make it truly useful

I really think the better place is the attic space above the driver. There are sunglass holders that mount up in this space. I'd like to mock up a version of a bedside front loader and see how much room it takes up. It would be the most out of sight of prying eyes and thieves. The rear under-trunk vault is ungodly expensive and you have to keep the storage compartment clear to have access.

IMO, A safe visible from peering in the windows is a horrible idea. You have placed a flashing sign that says, I have something important to steal even when it's empty.
Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where do you put your gun if you have to go into a restricted location? A safe is not a substitute for a holster for carry. Its to secure the firearm temporarily if you can't carry a firearm into a restricted location like Government building, Post office, airport, school etc... It is also NOT for long term storage, you should never leave a firearm in your vehicle overnight. I got this safe because its both hidden and secure and only use it if I can't carry my gun into a restricted location. If I didn't have the safe I would have to either leave the gun at home or leave it in a locked glove box or carry illegally into a secure location, neither of which I would ever do.

20230323_104311.jpg
20230323_104252.jpg
These are amazing. Do these permanently mount to the seat in some way? I never adjust my head rest so If these lock in place, I totally dig this. If you can just pick them off using the height adjustment latch, hard pass.

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where do you put your gun if you have to go into a restricted location? A safe is not a substitute for a holster for carry. Its to secure the firearm temporarily if you can't carry a firearm into a restricted location like Government building, Post office, airport, school etc... It is also NOT for long term storage, you should never leave a firearm in your vehicle overnight. I got this safe because its both hidden and secure and only use it if I can't carry my gun into a restricted location. If I didn't have the safe I would have to either leave the gun at home or leave it in a locked glove box or carry illegally into a secure location, neither of which I would ever do.

20230323_104311.jpg
20230323_104252.jpg

I NEVER leave a firearm in the vehicle overnight. Where did you get this particular safe. I like this.

Klunatic

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These are amazing. Do these permanently mount to the seat in some way? I never adjust my head rest so If these lock in place, I totally dig this. If you can just pick them off using the height adjustment latch, hard pass.
It locks in place and can't be pulled out of the seat. As you indicated it would be useless otherwise.

Sponsored

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Everyone has good points. I never conceal carry on me personally as I live in an area (hopefully) that I don't feel the need. I live in northern Michigan w little crime. Just looking for something w quick access if I'm traveling which I will be later this year across many states. Don't know if matters,but former military and always aware of my surroundings. Just looking for a biometric quick option..
What are the rules for transport out of state?
I assume conceal carry is only good for the state you are licensed in. It would be nice if there was a way to get nationally licensed while traveling. Just curious & thanks for any info!

Murfman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WildTrak, Cyber Orange soft top
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mlarv

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco/ 2022 F150/ 1968 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine lives here when I am driving. I don’t have a safe yet but that headrest one looks like the ticket.
Ford Bronco Handgun safe for Bronco 95216D82-E421-4532-AE50-F9EC33CA3CCE