First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Nissan Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Today while driving home at around 35 mph, going with the flow of traffic, began to accelerate a bit, maybe 10-20% on the gas and got a HARD shift. If I didn't know better I would have thought we were rear ended. Similar event but more mild once before. Chalked it up to the condition of the road.

2021 Black Diamond, 2.3 AT, 4 door, 7800 miles.

Anybody else having this issue? If it's not a common issue, any idea what may be going on?
Sponsored

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is what I’ve noticed and would like to hear from others:

After warm-up and beginning my drive, there can be a hard downshift at the first stop sign/light I come to—it’s noticeable—but it only happens once, and only on the first deceleration to a stop. After that, never again. It’ll happen no matter the weather, and I’d say it happens on at least 60% of drives. Thoughts?

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sometimes the 10 speed gets confused.
Take it in and have it checked out if you think it's not normal.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

After warm-up and beginning my drive, there can be a hard downshift at the first stop sign/light I come to—it’s noticeable—but it only happens once, and only on the first deceleration to a stop. After that, never again. It’ll happen no matter the weather, and I’d say it happens on at least 60% of drives. Thoughts?
Hi there! I can look into your Bronco's deceleration/shifting concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

Mdsuits

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 f350, 68 bronco 89 samurai
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Mine does the same…..Usually after sitting a week or 2. It happens at the same stop sign every time! After that it’s perfect.
Sponsored