Sponsored

Hard top users - what is your plan of attack for summer?

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is my first summer with the hard top and I'm trying to figure out my "plan of attack" aka how I am going to go about configuring, storing, taking the top off throughout the summer.

This thing is my daily, so I will sometimes pull over and take it off in a parking lot after work. The weekend I will take it off Friday and leave it off until Monday (unless it rains). I usually store the two panels in my trunk in the bag.

Do you guys feel like you are constantly taking this thing off and putting it back on like me? Do you store the panels in the back of your truck, or in your garage? Do you weather watch like me?

I'm questioning getting a soft top for the summer...the hard top is kind of stressing me 😅
Sponsored

OP
OP

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Get a besttop sunrider or skyrider if you got a 4 door.

We love our sunrider. Super easy to flip open and closed at a stop light
Thought about that but the Skyrider is like 3 grand or something like that - sounds absurd for what it is...

atx_chance

Badlands
First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 1993 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah same. But installing and uninstalling a soft top 2x year sounds bad because of that being more involved.

The top lift pro isn’t available for 2 doors yet and my garage doesn’t have a tall ceiling so hoist solutions are a bit hard too.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a carport and a work vehicle that I'm allowed to drive for personal reasons. The front panels and doors will remain off. I'll drive the work truck if it rains. I'm also leaving the clamshell on as it's cracked (Closest dealer said no on warranty), so Ford can't say it came from dropping the top when the crack eventually gets worse.

Sponsored

Trees

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thought about that but the Skyrider is like 3 grand or something like that - sounds absurd for what it is...
Honestly I still think the sunrider is the better option. Can't flip the skyrider up and down without getting out of the vehicle.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a toplift pro for my Wrangler. The Bronco version looks the same on their website. I'm going to try using it for the hard top and take the panels off and store them. My Bronco isn't my summer daily driver, so I'll probably take the top off and just keep in my garage and drive it once in awhile.

I want the top off experience, so the sunriders don't work for me.

I don't like the bestop full soft top because it doesn't go all the way back and I don't like the fast back look.

Factory soft tops are tough to get for a reasonable price, so that's a no go.

CyberOrangeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anxious to take the Hardtop off my 2 door - weather is warming so should be soon. Purchased the Bimini and Bestop Trektop almost a year ago. Still in the box.

Plan is to alternate between hardtop & softop every 6 months.

Front 2 hardtop panels will go in the supplied bag. STILL looking for a storage solution for the larger back piece of the Hardtop. Don’t have height clearance in garage for a hoist. Need some sort of padded wheeled cart or way to hang it somehow on a wall safely. Not spending 1k for the TopLift.

Anyone find a storage solution yet for the Hardtop back piece?

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

watching this thread as well

I just bought the bestop - but had a hard time pulling the trigger due to fastback & no full down
The bestop takes a bit of time to install from what i hear. ideally I run the bronco naked in the summer and some vendor comes along with a soft top that is quick & easy to remove. Summer would alternate between naked & easy soft top then return to hard top in the winter

Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anxious to take the Hardtop off my 2 door - weather is warming so should be soon. Purchased the Bimini and Bestop Trektop almost a year ago. Still in the box.

Front 2 hardtop panels will go in the supplied bag. STILL looking for a storage solution for the larger back piece of the Hardtop. Don’t have height clearance in garage for a hoist. Need some sort of padded wheeled cart or way to hang it somehow on a wall safely. Not spending 1k for the TopLift.

lol for the first summer it will sit on the tonneau cover of my project truck......which is in storage
so no - I have no good solution

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Once we get past the rainy season my top comes off thru mid summer when it starts pushing 100deg. I got a BD with mgv and washout floors cause its inevitable I will get rained on at some point. Its already happened a little.

OP
OP

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bubble wrap???

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rbuck

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Bestop Mesh Access Bimini works great. You just leave it installed all summer under the panels when the top is closed. Also, I confirmed today that it is easy to remove the second panel by yourself. I'll get my son to help put it back on though!
Sponsored