Sponsored

Hard top users - what is your plan of attack for summer?

Swallace

Outer Banks
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota ,Gmc and Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is my first summer with the hard top and I'm trying to figure out my "plan of attack" aka how I am going to go about configuring, storing, taking the top off throughout the summer.

This thing is my daily, so I will sometimes pull over and take it off in a parking lot after work. The weekend I will take it off Friday and leave it off until Monday (unless it rains). I usually store the two panels in my trunk in the bag.

Do you guys feel like you are constantly taking this thing off and putting it back on like me? Do you store the panels in the back of your truck, or in your garage? Do you weather watch like me?

I'm questioning getting a soft top for the summer...the hard top is kind of stressing me 😅
I purchased a harking lift so I can store the back top up high. I also have the bags for the tops and two doors that I hung up on the wall. I don't plan on putting them back on until winter. If it rains, I take my other vehicle. Enjoy !!!!
Sponsored

joeyclark173

Badlands
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger; Bronco ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was in the same boat for a long time. I was constantly either taking off the entire clamshell or doing variations of the first and second panels. I finally pulled the trigger on the bestop fast back soft top. I’ve had it on for about a month now and it took me a total of about 2 1/2 hours to install it by myself. I’ll keep the hardtop for winter, but will likely roll with the soft top, the rest of the seasons. Initially, I was not a fan of the fastback, but it’s grown on me, and the ability to flip to latches stand up and fold the top back is amazing. I end up going with the black diamond which is like a heavy duty vinyl and I love it and at only $1800 totally worth it. Just my two cents.

OP
OP

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was in the same boat for a long time. I was constantly either taking off the entire clamshell or doing variations of the first and second panels. I finally pulled the trigger on the bestop fast back soft top. I’ve had it on for about a month now and it took me a total of about 2 1/2 hours to install it by myself. I’ll keep the hardtop for winter, but will likely roll with the soft top, the rest of the seasons. Initially, I was not a fan of the fastback, but it’s grown on me, and the ability to flip to latches stand up and fold the top back is amazing. I end up going with the black diamond which is like a heavy duty vinyl and I love it and at only $1800 totally worth it. Just my two cents.
I am going to purchase a 2023 bronco soft top - I just need to find one with the hardware.

My father in law has a soft top and im so jealous how easy it is for him to deploy to open air. Ill do soft top in summer and hard top in winter.

darinhouston

Badlands
First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the bag but it is too snug and hard to use on a daily basis - I keep a moving blanket folded up in the back for all manner of things and usually just put one in that and the other on top. Rain is unpredictable around here, especially in the Summer. And sometimes the sun just gets to be too much or I'm picking up my wife and she doesn't want her hair getting messed up on the way to something. Takes all of 2 minutes to put them back on.

OP
OP

gaaangs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the bag but it is too snug and hard to use on a daily basis - I keep a moving blanket folded up in the back for all manner of things and usually just put one in that and the other on top. Rain is unpredictable around here, especially in the Summer. And sometimes the sun just gets to be too much or I'm picking up my wife and she doesn't want her hair getting messed up on the way to something. Takes all of 2 minutes to put them back on.
The bag is a huuuuge pain in the ass...no idea who designed that thing. Its great quality but it needs to be bigger.

Sponsored

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

JonDW29

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Pictures? I've been considering getting one, though it'll undoubtedly end up being the top for all seasons. Bronco is garage kept so I can be picky about when I expose it to the winter. Super curious about the black diamond vs. the twill. Everyone recommends the twill but I'm not convinced it's worth it. Also how's the noise at highway speeds?

Brad Fx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only thing I'm not thrilled with is the fact that it won't lay fully flat due to my TrailRax. But I'm not willing to give up either, so I'll live with it.

IMG_2912.jpg
Can you share more pics of how the Skyrider doesn’t lay flat with TrailRax? Maybe a side / top shot? Do you also have the TrailRax side bars that connect at the windshield? About how long does that take to just install those pieces?
Sponsored