Sponsored

Hard top users - what is your plan of attack for summer?

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is my backup plan. I’m to lasy to remove the top of the Bronco 🤨

IMG_4665.jpg
Sponsored

ct1975

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion, 2020 Navigator, 2002 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s a good look! Doors off / Top off!

it’s a good look’ Doors off Top off!

It’s a good look!
Doors off / Top off!
Ford Bronco Hard top users - what is your plan of attack for summer? IMG_4665
Agree, but what’s up with the exposed “velcro”?

IMG_0888.jpeg

Bushwhacker

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Put Bimini, tonneau and tube doors on until it gets too hot
Ford Bronco Hard top users - what is your plan of attack for summer? 20230506_150329

Last edited:

boomboomthump

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a Braptor so there isn’t (for the purpose of this discussion) a soft top option yet. I only fully remove the top if/when there is no rain on the forecast for at least 7 days.

That said, the Bronco looks cool as hell with zero top on it, and you very rarely see that. It almost looks like it’s been heavily customized.

That seems crazy to me. I've had my hard top off/on probably 20 times last summer. Most times it was only a few hours. The longest was 5 days or so.

I don't consider it laborious at all. It takes me and my wife 8.5 minutes to remove all 4 pieces of the hard top and the same amount of time to put them all back on. Add another 9 minutes to take all 4 doors off or put them on (yes, we've timed it... 17.5 minutes total for 4 doors + the top).

For disclosure, the times are based on using 12v Milwaukee cordless ratchet for the bolts. But we never hesitate to remove the top/doors, even if it's just for a few hours.

(y)

Sponsored

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Put Bimini, tonneau and fube doors on until it gets too hot
Ford Bronco Hard top users - what is your plan of attack for summer? 20230506_150329
Same here. I do wish there was a hard tonneau cover available other than the ones that need a cage inside like the for tuffy one. Haven't been able to find one.

Aviator

Raptor
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Finally had time to complete my review of the LiftTop Pro, and really like this thing. Soooo easy to use. Cost a bit more than a roof-mounted lift. But is is so easy to use solo, that I find it worth every penny. I could remove this thing daily if needed, with ease.
Ford Bronco Hard top users - what is your plan of attack for summer? IMG_9422

Sponsored

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Easy- Take the top off my Bronco, leave the top on the wife's. Drive whichever one is appropriate for the weather/situation....

Thankfully I have a work truck and the wife walks to work....

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anxious to take the Hardtop off my 2 door - weather is warming so should be soon. Purchased the Bimini and Bestop Trektop almost a year ago. Still in the box.

Plan is to alternate between hardtop & softop every 6 months.

Front 2 hardtop panels will go in the supplied bag. STILL looking for a storage solution for the larger back piece of the Hardtop. Don’t have height clearance in garage for a hoist. Need some sort of padded wheeled cart or way to hang it somehow on a wall safely. Not spending 1k for the TopLift.

Anyone find a storage solution yet for the Hardtop back piece?
what is your ceiling height? The top only needs to lift up a few inches for It to come off. My garage ceiling is just a shade over 8 feet and I have an automatic lift installed. I can just drive out once the top is lifted.

THE Buckeye Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2021 BMW M4 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Went full nude yesterday. The Hooke Road Door and Hardtop Storage Cart worked as advertised.

20230514_124803.jpg

20230514_124720.jpg

Bu¢kWild

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2 door, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks a lot for the info. I worry a little with the bimini tops on the rain coming in from the gap between the top and the side rollbar. I am sure on interstate water probably blows back, but at stop lights I am guessing it would leak like crazy. To someone else's reply, having a Bronco cover is not as practical for an all-around solution as needing to pull over to a gas station when it starts waiting and putting on a cover until it stops would become an issue really fast, unless you are retired and love playing games on your phone. I am sure they are good for people that park outside a lot for longer periods of time. A good bikini top will suffice if you see a possible storm coming, but still want to go into a convert or movie, or if you get caught out in a storm and can pull over, put a top on in 2-3 minutes, and still get to where you need to go on time.

I have used bikini tops so much over the years I have actually considered buying the canvas Trektop softtop and actually cutting it up and trying to sew straps in on the back/sides and see if I could create one. The main thing the Trektop softtop brings is the latch down for the front, and it might still be flexible enough to fold or roll it up when no in use and throw it under back seat or in very back when storing it. I would probably get a rear lockbox to store it in if needed, but the cost plus the odds of it staying together when going 60mph might be tough. I know a lot of people like mesh tops, but if I ever wanted a top to block the sun I would also want it to block the rain.

I think I am going to follow this guys lead and just throw my doors on with windows down, and front mic pieces into the back when it is cloudy, and just pray no one ever steals my mic panels out of the back. Anyway, I have a garage and I am going to try this out and if it sucks, then I will probably just breakdown and but the Trektop for summer. Either way, will be really nice to have top and doors off as much as possible.

Ford Bronco Hard top users - what is your plan of attack for summer? 20230514_124720
Hey, which product did you use to cover up the roll bar? Got a link?
Sponsored