Sponsored

Has anyone completed their order and is leasing?

BD1

Badlands
First Name
BD1
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes things will change and be negotiatable. But I wouldn’t lease a 57.8k vehicle for a cent over 600/mo. 36 mos, nothing down. My threshold is 100 per 10k. I’d be willing to stretch a few bucks from 580 up to 600. The calculator is telling me Ford wants 820. Lol. That it means feels like I’m paying a premium of a whopping 41% (820 - 580 / 580). No amount of negotiation will get you into good lease category if you’re looking at a bronco with a sticker well into the 50s

I’m going to finance this to back into 500/mo to replicate a ‘good lease’ lower payment and pay the rest in cash, even if that means upwards of a 30k down payment. That’s been my plan since day 1. I knew it wouldn’t lease well, but this is probably one of the worst leases if not the worst, I’ve seen out of the 100 or so lease deals I’ve looked into over the years. This is a 41% premium over that baseline 100/mo per 10k. I’ve never seen anything close to that.
"My threshold is 100 per 10k." This is always my quick math if a lease is very good or not. For example, if I can lease a 50K truck for 500 to 525 a month with no money down other then 1st month lease pymt and fees then it could be a good deal. This is a very good rule of thumb for 36/39 months and 12,000 to 15,000 miles/year. But a lease might not make sense for many based on their planned use of the Bronco.
Sponsored

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
It seems to me that if a dealership has NO IDEA about any bronco information, that’s their fault and they are not doing their homework. You can easily find info from these forums and websites...if you are willing to look. So if they have to clue about any bronco stuff then I would suggest moving to another dealer that gives you confidence
This, 100%. I’ve seen a lot of apologists on this forum saying “oh, give them a break, turnover is high, not everyone is a Bronco expert.” All of us are spending an average of $40K+ on a new vehicle with no ability to see one in-person prior to ordering, let alone test drive. Therefore the burden on the dealers to provide accurate information must be higher. If your dealer can’t do this with the people THEY’VE selected to interface with their Bronco reservation holders, run, run as fast as you can. They’ve had almost nine months now to track this thing, there are no excuses.

If I was a Ford dealer, and I was lazy, I’d just keep tabs on the info Stephens and Granger are providing, and provide that same info myself to my own customers.

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This, 100%. I’ve seen a lot of apologists on this forum saying “oh, give them a break, turnover is high, not everyone is a Bronco expert.” All of us are spending an average of $40K+ on a new vehicle with no ability to see one in-person prior to ordering, let alone test drive. Therefore the burden on the dealers to provide accurate information must be higher. If your dealer can’t do this with the people THEY’VE selected to interface with their Bronco reservation holders, run, run as fast as you can. They’ve had almost nine months now to track this thing, there are no excuses.

If I was a Ford dealer, and I was lazy, I’d just keep tabs on the info Stephens and Granger are providing, and provide that same info myself to my own customers.

Yes agreed! Basically all the information I have found on the bronco is from YouTube and these forums. Nothing I know has come from talking to a dealership. I would think dealers would have extra insider info being a dealer, but if they have no clue and are making those excuses that Ford is giving very little info, change dealers that will go the extra mile

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just got done extending my F150 lease due to have a vehicle until my Bronco comes in. FMC was really awesome to deal with and my representative was knowledgeable and excited about the Bronco. I am likely going to buy, but the Sales Manager at my dealership indicated they will be leasing and she will run the numbers for me once the build is confirmed and she has what she needs. If I switch to the 2.3l, I may do a lease, so I can order a 2.7 in 2023 or 2024 if I decide it is "needed". I know they don't typically lease Mustang GTs, because they have a high incidence of damage and mechanical abuse, but they lease trucks and SUVs of all types, I don't see any issue, plus Ford has published the residual #s already too.
I have finishing my first ever lease and didn’t know you could extend a lease. I’m leasing a Jeep Compass and was going to get the 4 door wrangler, then the bronco ruined that and I’m going to lease that lol. I have to turn in my Jeep in a month, so I’ll be short on a vehicle for a few months until the bronco comes out

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Yeah great point by the way. These Broncos are easily going to be $40k+, so if you want to sell as many as possible, watch a 5 minute YouTube video and throw me a bone here lol

Sponsored

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah great point by the way. These Broncos are easily going to be $40k+, so if you want to sell as many as possible, watch a 5 minute YouTube video and throw me a bone here lol
Seriously, these are not subcompact cars. You can easily option a Base 2-dr to be $45K and we all know how high the Badlands builds can go with a few choice options. It’s almost Land Rover Defender money for a lot of us.

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Seriously, these are not subcompact cars. You can easily option a Base 2-dr to be $45K and we all know how high the Badlands builds can go with a few choice options. It’s almost Land Rover Defender money for a lot of us.
I upgraded a Big Bend 4 door and it’s over $50k. Didn’t think I would go that high but I’m excited for it. Plus with the long wait, the extras will make the wait worth it. I see so many Jeeps on the road, but when the reservation holders get delivery, it will be unique and exclusive for a while, everyone will be looking!

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I upgraded a Big Bend 4 door and it’s over $50k. Didn’t think I would go that high but I’m excited for it. Plus with the long wait, the extras will make the wait worth it. I see so many Jeeps on the road, but when the reservation holders get delivery, it will be unique and exclusive for a while, everyone will be looking!
It’s crazy. I keep going back to just buying a Base 2-door with hardtop to keep everything as reasonable as possible. With that scenario we’d just upgrade wheels, tires, and whatever else with what we expect to be a huge amount of options provided by the aftermarket pretty quickly.

We’ve deferred for a 2022. We’re hoping for a green / tan / olive / drab BaseManSquatch for under $40K. Fingers crossed.

RobPS

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, MB E350 Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've submitted my order but have not discussed financing at all with my dealer. If Ford won't lease the Bronco, I'm walking. I won't buy a depreciating asset.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am planning to lease my bronco and I did ask my dealership when placing the order last month. They said leasing will be available and that will be worked out when the vehicle is ready for delivery. I’d rather lease because it’s cheaper and I can upgrade to a newer bronco in a few years anyways. I would think they wouldn’t have the lease calculator available if that wasn’t an option
With leasing you get so much more at cheaper prices,with lower payments...especially if you have no plans to use the buy-out option..

Sponsored

Marty26

Black Diamond
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 696 accusation fee on the build and price is there for leasing.if you buy it comes off .so I would say leasing is a certainty.

mattrb87

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It’s crazy. I keep going back to just buying a Base 2-door with hardtop to keep everything as reasonable as possible. With that scenario we’d just upgrade wheels, tires, and whatever else with what we expect to be a huge amount of options provided by the aftermarket pretty quickly.

We’ve deferred for a 2022. We’re hoping for a green / tan / olive / drab BaseManSquatch for under $40K. Fingers crossed.
Even though I have a July reservation, with where my allocation number is at, I’m thinking it will probably be a 22MY unfortunately, but that’s how it is. I guess we will each know of a delivery timeframe in May.

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I asked about leasing just to confirm that was an option. Ford released the lease calculator hours before I placed my order so I was happy about that. I chose a dealership that puts a lot of information out to the public on social media rather than one that doesn’t. They seem to have more info and answers. It seems to me that if a dealership has NO IDEA about any bronco information, that’s their fault and they are not doing their homework. You can easily find info from these forums and websites...if you are willing to look. So if they have to clue about any bronco stuff then I would suggest moving to another dealer that gives you confidence
To reaffirm, yes Ford is leasing the Bronco. Here is the residuals for each model:
Ford Bronco Has anyone completed their order and is leasing? 1614481010359

BigBend1

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, 2012 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

First I want to say that I am not arguing the fact that Bronco Lease deals are higher than others. However, can you help me understand how you get that the FE is "almost $1,000/mo". I "built" a 4 Door FE just now with every option available (excluding accessories) with nothing down and it comes to $881/mo. Not exactly "almost $1,000/mo". Yes it is closer to $1,000 than $500, or $600, but I wouldn't consider that "almost $1,000".

When comparing the Bronco price and lease payments to the Wrangler, its main competitor (not comparing actual build options, capability, personal feeling, color, direction of the wind, or anything else other than price and lease options) the lease option payment is less than 100 difference. I built the Wrangler Rubicon to $60,755 and the Bronco Wildtrak to $60,750. I selected the Wildtrak because this is my build and I know the B&P very well. The lease payments for the Wrangler and Bronco were $683 and $763, respectively, an $80 difference. Yes the Bronco has the higher lease payment when compared to a similarly priced Wrangler. Also, I understand that right now I can get the Wrangler for "X" amount of dollars off which will change the lease payment. I am trying to compare apples to apples as much as I can, so strictly going off the B&P info. Also, you cannot guarantee that you can get that Wrangler for "X" amount off at all dealers in every situation.

The thing we need to remember is that the Bronco is brand new. Yes they can estimate residual values and hope they are correct, but only time will tell what the actual residual values will be. So yes, for now the Bronco Lease payment may be higher than the Wrangler or your $80,000 worth of other cars or the $100,000 vehicle you said costs less than the Bronco, but I bet that given some time, we will see these Lease payments go down as we see what the actual residual values are of these vehicles, assuming they are built well and hold up to what we are all going to do with them.

For the record, I am leasing my Bronco. It has a lower payment than buying, I know I will want a new vehicle in 4 years, so I am taking the lower payment. I do not want to get into the discussion of over time purchase is better than lease because of blah blah blah. This is just my .02.
Ford Bronco Has anyone completed their order and is leasing? 1614481500350

chownd

Outer Banks
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Considering it some but really going to depend on what the rate really will be for me.

I am absolutely not doing it for the rates in the build and price calculator.
Sponsored