Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Guys don't forget. You still can get a 2021 model with black top. It'll just be late. Late may be anytime between July and December

I'm choosing to wait. I don't need it right in June. But I also would like it before winter as well.

December of 2020 when order conversion begins, is when we can select the black top... understanding there's a delay

Ford Bronco Anyone Delaying Their Order? Screenshot_20201027-145452_Edge
Sponsored

OP
OP
50foxbody

50foxbody

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Ford Mustang GT, 2015 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The roof issue is significant to us, and knowing what limited interiors were available, it is giving some pause in our household.

We may be holding off until 2022 as well. Or we just buy a base 21' squatch version for 38k and say to hell with the looks and technology, and buy something else with the premium gadgets. Which at this point, I am ok with as well. I don't want to dwell on it too much, although, if I could get a 21 , in Sarge Green or Army Green, I'd shut the hell up about any of my issues.
Not gonna lie, as a Mustang guy, I wanted Grabber Blue

AB857AA6-5361-40C9-8B1E-3E89D36CB65A.jpeg

Beef78

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus and 71 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Waiting until modular top is available. I also would like to know more about not being able to have a rack with slightly larger tires.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Guys don't forget. You still can get a 2021 model with black top. It'll just be late. Late may be anytime between July and December
Late delivery of a MY2021 doesn't mean it will be delivered BEFORE Jan 1st 2022 . They have already said MY2021 will still be being delivered into the 1st QTR of 2022 .

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone have a photo of a Bronco with the black modular top?

Did an image search here at bronco6g but came up empty
I don’t know if it has been changed on the official ford website, but the wild track shown had a modular top.

Sponsored

lightbulb

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I may wait. I reserved a First Edition and Badlands on the first night. Unless something changes I am not seeing the advantage of the First Edition. The Badlands has a few compromises but it is still very nice. What I am most concerned about is that Ford does not seem to have this thing all the way worked out. I am not sure I want to pay 50k to be a beta tester for the 22/23 model year.

DHC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, I pulled the plug on Saturday. Cancelled my MY21 order and started a new MY22 reservation w/ Granger with their $2k off invoice deal.

Reasons?

Wanted cloth trim and lux package. Tried every possible iteration on the B&P and the interiors in Outerbanks and Wildtrack were simply unacceptable. Navy Pier, a bronze dash or Walmart digi camo?

Yeah, no thanks. Will hope for better in MY22.

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Really want the modular top , but is depends on what late availability is . If it’s just a few weeks I’ll wait,but if it’s months, I’m ordering

ohvrider

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In 1997 I got a Jeep TJ wrangler used for 15,200. I traded it in on a 1999 jeep about a year later for 15,800.

I expect the bronco to have better resale value then the Jeep. New you loose more, but I also view it as an opportunity to test stuff and finalize some ideas. Between 1997 and 1999 models of Jeep it improved a lot and my opinions on what I needed changed a lot.

My plan is to get a 2021 bronco now and later get a 2023 or 2024 model if something major changes. I expect ford to increase the GVWR as it seems low now. Jeep is low too, but Defender is a lot higher. When you fill these with gear you will hit that limit and it limits ford. After marker can go over and blame to owner if an issue. Ford can't.

Probably be a lot of small changes too. My 97 wrangler leaked water like crazy, 99 had no issues.

Sponsored

Gquag

Badlands
First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1936 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it just me or is anyone else delaying their orders of their Bronco?

Since the build and price has come out and I now know how much I’ll be spending along with what’s offered, I’m gonna go ahead and delay ordering. I was disappointed in the only roof option being the MIC gray and the painted black being delayed. My thought is if I’m gonna shell out $50 on a badlands like I want, why rush and compromise on something that will drive me nuts. Added the fact that in 2022 the will offer body paint matching top, I’m just gonna wait and make sure it’s exactly what I want.

just wondered if anyone else was having similar thoughts?
Yes ?, 2 orders going in, 1st Oct 1 2020 the 2nd Oct 30 2020. Bronco #1 will be a Base2D w/ 2.7l-AT, bumper/bash only.... Kicking the can down the road 6+- months out MY22 ... Bronco #2 Badlands2D 2.7l-AT, Hi-Pkg, Hoping for more options in the future. ?
Drive Bronco #1 BASE meanwhile and sell before Badlands arrival. That's my plan ?

Maxmillian1

Badlands
First Name
Roscoe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not paying $50,000 and taking my new truck to have it sanded, painted or wrapped because of the manufacturer. I'm going into a holding pattern. we haven't had to talk about the unforeseen new model issues that we know nothing about yet, so I'm going to drive its off the lot the way I wanted it. so it's late 2021 for me or 2022.. FORD you're breaking my heart, Bitches.. LOL

Jacksonholio

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Since the build and price has come out and I now know how much I’ll be spending along with what’s offered, I’m gonna go ahead and delay ordering. I was disappointed in the only roof option being the MIC gray and the painted black being delayed. My thought is if I’m gonna shell out $50 on a badlands like I want, why rush and compromise on something that will drive me nuts. Added the fact that in 2022 the will offer body paint matching top, I’m just gonna wait and make sure it’s exactly what I want.

Unlikely. Easy answer.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

It's like a game of chicken between Ford and myself on who can holdout the longest. They get my $60,000 when I get my Black modular top as originally promised. I can holdout to the cows come home. As my Rubicon and TRD PRO are more than capable to keep me on the trails until Ford decides to give us our black mod tops.
I'm looking at it like this. If only 2000 FE and Wildtrak orders are waiting for black mod tops at a average of $60k a unit that's $120,000,000 of orders. And remember Ford's biggest profit makers are the FE and Wildtrak. I'm wondering if the bean counters have figured that one before Ford decided to make "late availability " on black mod top for FE & Wildtrak buyers. I say we all hold out and watch them sweat alittle.
20200807_192255.jpg

Last edited:

KozMQZ

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Yes... 51k 2dr badlands... need white top. Do you know if we can delay an early reservation until 2022?
Sponsored