Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The MIC grey top isn't a big deal to me, I don't want painted because scratches off road, but grey is ugly, I wanted black MIC.

The deal breaker for me is that every single exterior color sucks, and the forced neon orange stitching and trim in the BL is gross and only looks good with CO especially since body color shows through the doors to the inside
Why cant they just make it black? ... seriously it should not be that difficult and should not delay any process whatsoever! ... I think Ford may change the color of MIC top to Black especially knowing nobody really wants it grey .... if they do that I and many others will probably stick to the reservation and not delay.

BroncoTRDPro

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner TRD Pro, Grand Cherokee, H3, DMC-12
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Another reason to wait. I remember being all hyped for the 2018 Wrangler and later Gladiators until I looked them over and sat in them. Then I was less excited. I still like the Wrangler Rubicons a lot and think the styling is just as iconic as Bronco. I just think the Bronco will be better overall vehicle, especially given more power of 2.7L V6 and better on road manners of an independent front suspension.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford is doing great job with delays, I don't think I need to do anything on my part, I am curious to see what trims colors will be built and delivered first, then I'll make my order.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone have a photo of a Bronco with the black modular top?

Did an image search here at bronco6g but came up empty

Sponsored

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, as in refusing to compromise on the modular top which naturally delays my order waiting for it to become available.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone have a photo of a Bronco with the black modular top?

Did an image search here at bronco6g but came up empty
A lot of the early prototypes had the black modular top. The threads where they were testing off road prowess would be a good start.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pros and cons to waiting.....lots of unknowns.....so I will place a January order (and still wait anyway)

Will Ford ever catch up, will all/some late availability items ever really materialize? If so, when?

How will reservation wait times work with post MY21 dealer inventory?

tritonx100

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ford explore
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Having thoughts, yes. But just that - thoughts.

I too wanted the painted-black top. However, I've made a compromise in getting the gray MIC top, and then taking it to an auto body shop and having them sand it down, then paint it black to go better with a Cyber Orange exterior.

I'm hoping this plan will get me by until the painted-black top becomes available for purchase from the factory/dealership.

This compromise is also partially fueled by the fact I anticipated getting a new vehicle 10-11 months from now (hopefully sooner) since my current one is pushing 150k+ miles and has seen better days.
I don’t see prices going down in my22. Maybe there will be more incentives but Ford has to stop taking reservations and speak to their mfg capacity. I expect conversion to orders to be about55% due to cost, timing, and other par availability.

Sponsored

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I am at the very end of the reservation period and anticipate being pushed into 2022. That serves me just as well.

I want the modular roof, capable bumper (not just metal, but also fog lights), more interior color options, maybe white or black roof instead of just gray. I want to see Area 51 for myself.

I want to see real world reviews about off road capabilities of the Black Diamond, which won’t have front lockers. Would I have to get a Badlands to do what I want to do?

I want to see real world reviews of the smaller engine.

I want to see if Ford bends to customer demand and allows Lux on the Black Diamond, or at least a la carte on some options, like the sexy radio.

None of this would be possible if I were to rush ahead with putting in my actual order. And in view of my late Rez, I kind of don’t see any point in rushing the matter.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is it just me or is anyone else delaying their orders of their Bronco?

Since the build and price has come out and I now know how much I’ll be spending along with what’s offered, I’m gonna go ahead and delay ordering. I was disappointed in the only roof option being the MIC gray and the painted black being delayed. My thought is if I’m gonna shell out $50 on a badlands like I want, why rush and compromise on something that will drive me nuts. Added the fact that in 2022 the will offer body paint matching top, I’m just gonna wait and make sure it’s exactly what I want.

just wondered if anyone else was having similar thoughts?
How late is late availability?! I want a black top!!!

rich

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Rubicon, Moto Guzzi V7 III
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wouldn't mind the MIC top. My problem is you can't remove those side windows. I can't imagine forcing passengers in a 2 door to not have an open window on a long road trip.

RedHotLava

Badlands
First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How exactly is anyone delaying if you have a reservation? Isn't this "okay, time to order, what do you want? You don't want to order? Here is your 100 bucks back." Isn't that how it's going to work?
Sponsored