Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Another issue is I got the high package, in pics the winch clearly blocks the 2 middle sensors on the front bumper. How is there a way to work around that?
Figure out a quick release for the winch when your kickin' in the burbs?
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would wait on a winch as not to hold up a build. Then Ford Parts or after market will be a no stress way to go.

I would prefer to have something more smoothly integrated into the Bronco. maybe a aftermarket bumper or: I had an ' 84 Bronco II and then a '86 Ranger hidden mount that fit behind the air dam in a channel that mounted to the frame rails with the fairlead sticking out of the air dam. Very clean. I would think the new Bronco would accept something like that mounted to the frame where the lower tow loops mount with the fairlead sticking out through the front 'bash plate". I may build something like this myself or wait for aftermarket.

Two draw backs: It doesn't let everyone at the mall know I HAVE A WINCH and it can submerge in deep water or mud, but mine never caused an issue.

Charlie

Wildtrak
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F250 Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was told it gets added through the parts department after the orders are submitted in March.

It’s a dealer accessory, shows up that way in build and price as well. Will be added into financing upon delivery.

Agree with you. I converted yesterday and it was in the B&P. And to answer the question, yes I'm getting it.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What would you need the AUX switches for? Isn't it just + and - right to the battery and then the remote controls the winch in/ out?
maybe not, all I know is the install I did was easy, like you said.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another issue is I got the high package, in pics the winch clearly blocks the 2 middle sensors on the front bumper. How is there a way to work around that?
Not sure we know at this point; this has come up.

Another reason why I'm inclined to let the dealership do this. I ordered the Lux package with all the sensors and cameras galore. I'm sure they developed a work around for this. Likely another bumper, removing that one sensor or camera, or some other work around. There is also an outside chance that the winch won't have much of an effect on the sensor or camera working (doubt that as soon as I typed it, but throwing out there)

Last edited:

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

3Dogs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Escape, 2000 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes and hopefully by then the have a work around for the front camera blocking issue.

Who knows, maybe they will develop a more Bronco specific winch that is a couple of inches shorter to reduce camera blockage. If you think about it, that might be why they are waiting as that is sure to be a sore spot for many. Another fix could be to move the camera itself. Possibly higher? I guess we will see...
I'm planning on buying this one, just for that issue:
https://ironman4x4america.com/monster-winch-12000lbs-12v-electric-synthetic-rope/

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Studawg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Excursion, 96 Land Cruiser, 18 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I like the Ford winch mount but I think Id rather have a Warn M8000-S or M10000-S
Sponsored