Sponsored

Anyone actually get their $100 deposit back?

smiths65

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 RAM1500 BigHorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for all the comments so far but I should clarify.

I put down the $100 back when the Bronco was first announced (picking a local dealer in the process) but I ended up buying a Bronco off the lot from an out-of-state dealer. That dealer had nothing to do with my reservation.

Last month I received the email from Ford that I did not convert my reservation to an order and my reservation will be canceled and to expect a refund in the next month.

Logistically, it sounds like I may need to chase the dealer where the reservation is to actually get back my $100.
You never actually "paid" the dealer a fee, went through Ford Corporate...so, if reservation gets auto-cancelled, should go back to card you used (assuming it is still active)
Sponsored

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Nope. Dealer said it wasnā€™t a hold amount. It was the cost of them holding reservation. They ripped me off the 100 and the price protection from 2021 to 22 order conversion. Scum bag dealers. Ford is no help they just say itā€™s a dealer issue. @Ford Motor Company

72F262

Big Bend
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BB 2D, '18 GT350, '72 F250 2wd, '72 Mach 1 CJ
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When I cancelled my order with Granger, my $100 was back on my cc the next day.

TXshaggy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Porsche Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, was refunded by original reservation dealer when I switched to Horsham.

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I was refunded way back when I switched dealers to Granger. When I finally got scheduled Granger asked for a $500 deposit, others were $400 that didn't. A hundred bucks is a hundred bucks to me so if you cancelled your order or didn't get it taken off your purchase price then I'd reach out to your dealer.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes. My dealer thought Ford had to refund it but Ford said the dealer had to. I actually had to get on with Ford and they 3-way called my dealer (with me on hold) explained to my dealer how to do it and within 24 hours I got my refund.. but this was back in the beginning when noone what to do, lol. Different dealers process it differently (stand alone refund, reduction in sale price, etc) but it comes from them regardless.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for all the comments so far but I should clarify.

I put down the $100 back when the Bronco was first announced (picking a local dealer in the process) but I ended up buying a Bronco off the lot from an out-of-state dealer. That dealer had nothing to do with my reservation.

Last month I received the email from Ford that I did not convert my reservation to an order and my reservation will be canceled and to expect a refund in the next month.

Logistically, it sounds like I may need to chase the dealer where the reservation is to actually get back my $100.
If you never ordered a vehicle, it gets refunded back to the original payment method. Most of us payed via credit card, so you'll get that $100 back from the credit card.

If you did order a vehicle, it was transferred to the dealers, so yeah... unfortunately you'll have to go bring it up with them.

Ok makes sense, but again I didn't have to and I asked if I had to and the dealer said no.
Yeah you ordered October 13th, 2021 which was after the early reservation system ended.

The early reservation system lasted from from June 13th, 2020 until October 1st, 2021 (though order banks closed in August 2021 if I recall correctly). You placed down a $100 deposit with Ford themselves, they gave you a place in line, and when you went to order that $100 was transferred to the dealer. It was basically used to gauge which trims people would be interested in so Ford knew what to order from suppliers.

In theory... those with early reservations would have received their Bronco before everyone else. And while that was true for probably 80%+ of those who had an early reservation, the gigantic worldwide supply crunch made things a mess, and it didn't really work out as planned.

smiths65

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 RAM1500 BigHorn
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you never ordered a vehicle, it gets refunded back to the original payment method. Most of us payed via credit card, so you'll get that $100 back from the credit card.

If you did order a vehicle, it was transferred to the dealers, so yeah... unfortunately you'll have to go bring it up with them.

Yeah you ordered October 13th, 2021 which was after the early reservation system ended.

The early reservation system lasted from from June 13th, 2020 until October 1st, 2021 (though order banks closed in August 2021 if I recall correctly). You placed down a $100 deposit with Ford themselves, they gave you a place in line, and when you went to order that $100 was transferred to the dealer. It was basically used to gauge which trims people would be interested in so Ford knew what to order from suppliers.

In theory... those with early reservations would have received their Bronco before everyone else. And while that was true for probably 80%+ of those who had an early reservation, the gigantic worldwide supply crunch made things a mess, and it didn't really work out as planned.
Thanks for extended clarity.
I was a 10/20 reservation, knew that placeholder fee was through Ford.
Should have figured that upon dealer selection & sequential order would have resulted in that "deposit" being transferred to local dealer...mine did debit charges on card post delivery

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When I signed for purchase, dealership refunded $100 "reservation deposit" back to card
I had 2 separate deposits at 2 separate dealers. When I moved both reservations to the same dealer I ultimately purchased my Bronco from, my 2 $100 deposits were refunded back to my credit card. The new dealer never requested the $100 deposit once I condensed my 2 reservations into 1

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi All - Anyone here expecting to get the refund on the initial deposit and have actually received it? The email doesn't contain any details if we should expect a check, credit on original payment method, etc...
I got mine backā€”sort of. I still bought a Bronco, so the money just moved from one dealer to another. šŸ™‚

Since Ford doesnā€™t actually take your money, itā€™s the dealer that returns your deposit. Usually, itā€™s just a credit card refund, as thatā€™s actually cheaper and easier for them to do.

Yukon65006

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Jeep Patriot, 06 BMW F650GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I forgot I had a 2nd reservation. Ford cancelled it when it wasn't covered to an order then a few days later Graniger deposited back onto my CC.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I switched dealers, Ford immediately refunded the $100 to my CC.

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No.
Dealer said Iā€™d get the check back from Ford. 12 months later, Iā€™m still waiting.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have not seen my $100 first day reservation. Got my Bronco in Oct 2021 though.
21?! I have no sympathy for you lol
Sponsored