Sponsored

Has anyone NOT picked up their bronco? any experiences with reselling their MY22?

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd like to know your experience beyond gravel. How are the TerritoryMT tires as highway tires? Noise? Harsh ride?
I'm sure they are great in all of those areas especially for an offroad tire. My experience is going to look at Broncos in parking lots and seeing all those rocks. These are Broncos on city streets, not gravel areas. The tread pattern is pretty deep and the rocks seat themselves nicely. Once you get up to speed past 45mph....those things spit out and can dent the sheet metal on the Bronco. It has been documented extensively on the forums.
Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Im interested in user feedback on the Goodyear Territory, because they now make it in 275/70R18, which are 33's that can be directly mounted on the non-SAS OBX 18" wheels without a lift, but add an inch in height and tread width. I mostly use it for commuting and occasional beach off road trips. Is it noisy? Is it not too bouncy as a C rated tire. It's a great gift for stock OBX users who want a little more tire size without going overboard!

SmartSelect_20220818-000812_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20220815-233631_Chrome.jpg
I love mine. Have 10k on them mostly on road with some serious crawling thrown in. The wind noise in my truck is way more noticeable than the tires. That may changes as they get more wear but I have been very surprised to date. They do pick up rocks but I have running boards and flaps and have seen no issues with damage to the sides. I will admit it sounds terrible when it throws a rock at speed into the underbody but Iā€™ve seen that with every tire I have owned. In snow and ice I have been the most impress especially compared to k02ā€™s I have on my truck. They have about the same mileage and back to back I prefer the territory for ride, handling, and noise. I canā€™t say enough how well they do in the wet and snow ice. GY submitted these for 3 peak rating and must have just missed because they are great in the snow.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is funny. I'll give you that. Every time I see a set I can count the rocks in them. I can't do that with any other tire out there.

or..he can buy a set of nice after market wheels and descent set of tires.
Define decent since the GY handles things you would see most of the time better than most tires out there.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Define decent since the GY handles things you would see most of the time better than most tires out there.
The tread pattern is pretty deep and they pick up rocks and embed themselves deep in the tread. When the vehicles get up to speed they get spit out at high velocity and can easily dent or scratch. I'm sure they do everything else just fine.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For the past month, I have been mulling over this. My dealership messed up my build and forgot my sasquatch package on my 2 door badlands.
I personally do not like the look of the badlands w/o the sasquatch package. I also question if it would affect my resell. The way I'm thinking about it, you have all these extras of the badlands but then no sasquatch?
Adding new larger tires is going to be the same as the cost of a sasquatch or more.

I guess I am wondering what you would do in my situation or has anyone been in my situation?
It just feels like a lot of money (planning to pay out of pocket) when I'm not 100% on it.

I am sincerely considering not taking and going to a different dealership to order a MY23 when banks open.

A little more backstory:
I didn't see it (my fault) until after I got my VIN. Then the dealership proceeded to dick me around. After I asked if they could add it, I've heard of people getting it added post-VIN, they tried to tell me I didn't need it yada yada, tried to sell me on new tires "just pick it up and then order a new one".

I do NOT trust this dealership. The whole thing has been a nightmare since I ordered (like most). I've asked several times for a pricing agreement, even after I got my VIN and now I have a window sticker.... they refuse. I also noticed they won't put things in writing. So who the hell knows what they will even do when it does show up.
1) I Have not heard of anyone getting things added to their build after a VIN has been assigned.

2) thereā€™s no way to be sure you can even get an my23 at this point

3) pricing agreement, good luck

4) as for tires, just lift it. If you decide to go larger than 35 inch tires youā€™d be wasting money on SAS anyway

When the bronco comes in if the dealership doesnā€™t screw you over on pricing Iā€™d just take the bronco as long as it has everything else you want minus the SAS package

Sponsored

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Im interested in user feedback on the Goodyear Territory, because they now make it in 275/70R18, which are 33's that can be directly mounted on the non-SAS OBX 18" wheels without a lift, but add an inch in height and tread width. I mostly use it for commuting and occasional beach off road trips. Is it noisy? Is it not too bouncy as a C rated tire. It's a great gift for stock OBX users who want a little more tire size without going overboard!

SmartSelect_20220818-000812_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20220815-233631_Chrome.jpg
I think going from a 32ā€ tire to a 33ā€ tire actually only adds 1/2ā€ of lift (bc half an inch is on top)

thatā€™s what I did on my black diamond. Went from the stock 32s to 33s

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think going from a 32ā€ tire to a 33ā€ tire actually only adds 1/2ā€ of lift (bc half an inch is on top)

thatā€™s what I did on my black diamond. Went from the stock 32s to 33s
Yes, adding an inch of tire height raises up the vehicle a half inch. What 33" tire did you use, and how does it ride on the highway in noise level and ride harshness?

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, adding an inch if tire height adds a half inch of lift. What 33" tire did you use, and how does it ride on the highway in noise level and ride harshness?
I did the KO2s and I think they ride the same as the stock tires that came on it. Iā€™m very happy with them

I stuck the 32s on my 2007 FJ Cruiser bc itā€™s the same size tire. (The BD stock tire is wider than the OBX stock tire though both are 32s)

ZipZit

Badlands
First Name
Zip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, 2008 Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
..you can immediately sell it for a 10-15k profit.
ā€œImmediatelyā€. Absolutely not. You canā€™t sell a vehicle without a title. Not going to happen when the state DMV takes six to eight weeks minimum to deliver the title.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Op wonā€™t be able to order a 23, since Ford has decided not to accept new orders when the ordering banks open.

Sponsored

rgalvinmi

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
ā€œImmediatelyā€. Absolutely not. You canā€™t sell a vehicle without a title. Not going to happen when the state DMV takes six to eight weeks minimum to deliver the title.
Obviously...your immediate and mine are different...I was referring to after you receive your title. That to me, is pretty immediately...but I guess not to everyone.

BigGarnet

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sasquatch take offs is not a bad way to go for the OP. If he doesnā€™t have an MT, heā€™s missing out on the taller gearing of SAS, but thatā€™s not a problem unless he decides to go 37s down the road, and even then itā€™s probably ok, just not as good as the 4.70s.
As to SAS tires, Iā€™m really happy with them. Capability wise, they are better than the benchmark KO2s. To the guy who claims he walks around parking lots and counts the rocks in Sasquatch tiresā€¦get another hobby. You donā€™t walk around parking lots and count rocks in Sasquatch tires. Thatā€™s a lie. Yes, they pick up rocks. So do KO2s. I live on a gravel road and have had both.

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The rock throwing tire comments on here make me crack up. Yeah who wants a set of off road tires that are actually safe in rain, snow and ice. Iā€™ve got them on my truck they donā€™t throw rocks anymore than any other off-road tire that can actually be used safely on road are relatively quiet and corner well. If I were you and you wanted to have a stock look buy a set of SAS take offs.
I agree. Was just looking at the tire specs on a tire people gush over. ā€œRock ejectorsā€ are a design feature. Do you want a tire that holds on to rocks in the tread?

Get some mud flaps and move on. Or, buy new tires, itā€™s your rig and cash.
Sponsored