Sponsored

Has anyone removed the "body appearance kit" from a Bronco yet?

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was going to look at a Bronco and it turns out the dealer installed the body appearance kit which I really don't care for the look or the price increase. I've removed door moldings and model/name lettering from several trucks I've had but I'm worried about trying to remove it from something new if the paint isn't fully cured yet. Has anyone removed the kit on their Bronco?
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was going to look at a Bronco and it turns out the dealer installed the body appearance kit which I really don't care for the look or the price increase. I've removed door moldings and model/name lettering from several trucks I've had but I'm worried about trying to remove it from something new if the paint isn't fully cured yet. Has anyone removed the kit on their Bronco?
Just live with it for a couple weeks, then you can remove it then. Would you mind sending pics of the kit? I've never seen one with the package before.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have removed body trim and badging on new vehicles before - I actually find it to be much easier because it's freshly applied and not dirty, plus there shouldn't be any fading effects from cooking in the sun for years. Should come off pretty easily and cleanly.

You could also ask the dealership to remove it, as part of your purchase agreement. Up to you if you feel like doing it yourself or not.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not even sure what the "body appearance kit" is. Just some aftermarket crap the dealer slaps on and charges and arm and leg for?

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
JL8jeff

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm waiting on pictures from the dealer but it should be the hood thing and some odd looking door protection I think. It's seriously overpriced at $1790 and makes it looks worse to me.

Edit: Somebody showed up at the dealer today and bought the Bronco so it's a moot point. It seems a little funny that on Ford's website it say you can't order the body appearance kit with the Sasquatch package but this Bronco was a base Sasquatch with the BAK as a dealer add on. Not worth the price increase to me so it doesn't matter anyway. I just wish they could have sent me some pictures for future reference.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JL8jeff

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I found a picture of a Bronco with the body appearance kit. You can see the piece added to the hood and the big moldings added to the doors. I can't believe anyone would want that stuff let alone at the price of $1790!

Ford Bronco Has anyone removed the "body appearance kit" from a Bronco yet? bronco_app1

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess that’s typical for a dealer. They don’t have a clue.

Sponsored

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You will find another that's to your liking. Personally, I would be glad that it was gone and I was no longer tempted. Consider it a blessing and know that what you want is out there. You will be much happier when you find the one. Hang in there and don't get discouraged; it will be worth waiting for.

Reactions: cbs

Grey Pony

Outer Banks
First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 DRW Lariat2022 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've added a hood deflector purchased through Ford. Only $89 ! Covered up a nasty rock chip.
To pay for this nonsense it crazy!

OP
OP
JL8jeff

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So you're telling me that the dealer will give you a $429_credit_ for slapping this junk on, right? What a cheap, slap-on looking set of plastic! This ought to be called the "dealer margin enhancement kit"
No, not that kit, this one which is apparently the hood piece, the door moldings and fender flares all for $1790!

Ford Bronco Has anyone removed the "body appearance kit" from a Bronco yet? 1670210337261

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No, not that kit, this one which is apparently the hood piece, the door moldings and fender flares all for $1790!

Ford Bronco Has anyone removed the "body appearance kit" from a Bronco yet? 1670210337261
Almost as amusing as the $1,700 carbon fiber trim option on the Bronco Raptor. I think it boils down to two things:

1. People will want to accessorize their vehicle, even if only with bolt-on (or glue-on) parts that have no functional value (nothing wrong with this, if done tastefully)
2. FoMoCo and the dealers want high-margin, high-markup options to offer so that they can A) bolster their bottom line and B) demonstrate a large number of accessory SKUs to attract buyers

The hood scoop gets me the most. What point is there in pretending your truck is "tough" when you've added weight without utility, especially when doing so (TRIGGER WARNING: SUBJECTIVE COMMENT HEAD) has a net negative impact on the aesthetics of the vehicle?
Sponsored