Sponsored

Have First Edition Broncos held their value?

Tenon

Raptor
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No, I think Tesla is far ahead of others with EV and with the performance, range, and discount, was a no brainer. Also, a lot more roomy than the Mach E.
Have you test drove the Mach E?
Sponsored

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Agree with selling it sooner than later if you plan on doing it.

You could try BaT. FEs have been going in the 68k range I think (which puts final price a few k above that due to fees).

In terms of value of these, I got a reservation for one day 1. I got LB and black interior with the thought of it being the rarest and collectible. The dealer sold it from under me. Fast forward a year and I start looking at the used market. They definitely didn't hold their value like I expected tbh.

So looking at them again, I thought the black interior was just boring. I like it, but it's boring. I vomited in my mouth a bit when I first saw the navy pier interior online, but in person I actually liked it a lot. So I was between a $70k one with navy pier and 8k miles and one that I could probably talk down to $75 with 3k miles and black interior. I went back and forth a lot but decided in the end, I'm getting this thing to drive and use, so don't care about any 'collectible' aspect of it and just get the one you like.

I actually do like the LB color, so I went with that, but it wasn't worth paying $5k or so more for 5k fewer miles and a 'rarer interior' that I didn't like as much when I plan on putting lots of miles on it anyway.

So as someone else pointed out, to OP, yours sounds like it's in great shape, but it still has a good amount of miles on it. Assuming yours is area 51, in my experience it being that color instead of LB shouldn't matter much.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 2 door FE purchased December of 21 with around 18 k miles currently and I am still completely enamored with my rigā€¦. And though I paid over MSRP at the time, I still feel like it is the best purchase Iā€™ve made in my life. The amount of fun I have received from getting into the four wheel drive world here in northern CA, including tackling at least 10 to 15 new trails of varying difficulty, has been immeasurable. Also I have had a couple minor mechanical issues, which Ford resolved professionally and immediately, but luckily no concerns with my hardtop. Finally, after buying my challenger in 09 and then my bronco in 21, I decided to keep both until Iā€™m six feet under, so the financial worth of my rigs hopefully wonā€™t be a concern for awhile šŸ˜³
So glad you're enjoying your Bronco! Thank you for being part of the Ford Family.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Then yours is probably worth a premium. Contrast that some of the ones traded in already have been used and abused and maybe had a defect pop up. I think its hard to compare to other sales with a vehicle like this. Just look at Carvana and see all of the visible damage some of these suffer in such a short time.
Yes on this. It's so hard to tell from online pics how much damage something could have. So if you can actually see some, ya can just imagine all the stuff you can't see. I was lucky that mine was detailed to the T and looked like it just rolled off the showroom floor.

Sponsored

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Youā€™re selling your Bronco for a Tesla? I just threw up.

15k miles is starting to impact the price. Try and get msrp. Who knows? The market doesnā€™t show signs of a lot of extra value for 1st editionā€™s unfortunately.

I thought the whole selling the Bronco for a Tesla commuter vehicle was bizarre from the get go. What was the thought process when originally deciding on a Bronco ?

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, one for sale in our town on marketplace was listed for $88,888, private seller. 16k miles. Couple of add ons forget what. Price dropped to $80k a while later then shortly after that to $70k. It was still for sale on Saturday. Dealer up the road has had one listed at $84k for 5 months now. Still there.

edit: the first one is now at $69k.
My friend is a car dealer in Tampa and saw a First Edition at auction for $65,000. There were no bids and it did not sell.

My view since before Broncos were produced was that higher trims would not hold their value. I bought a Base Sasquatch 2.7L hardtop. IMO, Sasquatch and the big engine are what people really care about. Having a hardtop is also more desirable that a softtop. Only people with a lot of money will pay $20-30k more for bells & whistles on a first Edition. It's essentially the same thing as a baseSquatch, except for swaybar disco. Change my mind!

The market will not care about trim levels. Bronco in my mind has two main categories of vehicle: Sasquatch and non-Sasquatch, w/BL included in the former. Seems the market is also dinging the value of manual transmissions.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
All this discussion validates my thoughts in that I picked mine up to drive and use and not to baby and save as some special blue flower (like I had planned on doing back when I first got my reservation in 2020).

I'll have to say that there were those two electric/electronic snafus, but otherwise, I'm loving driving this thing and it's a perfect winter daily driver for me. Granted I'd love better gas mileage, but I only live a few miles from work and being a jeep person, I knew what I was getting into with a boxy suv with 35 inch tires. (y)

I'd love to have a bit of better towing capacity with a Raptor, but I'm not quite into getting what I might need to tow. So I may look into a Raptor down the road, but I have no regrets with my FE. I got my first compliment yesterday. I guy stopped me at a convenience store and was asking about the wheels/tires and said how much he liked them.

Last edited:

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Break even and walk away. I would feel lucky you drove a vehicle and didn't loose anything.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a 2021 4-door First Edition which I will be looking to sell soon. After 15K miles, Iā€™ve determined I need something else for a commuter vehicle, so have ordered a Tesla Y Performance.

Iā€˜m looking to sell private party and noticed that the prices are still healthy on sites like Kelly Blue Book, but have seen some much lower on other sites. Any perspective on how much in demand these still are / used vehicle prices?

Thanks in advance!
Consider Carvana. They are not in great shape and I would not buy from them, but the check cleared for my Mustang at a price much higher than I was expecting with a private sale. Also, you can get a number from them by just inputting a VIN in about 5 minutes. I got exactly what they quoted me online.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BigTex22

BigTex22

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4WD, 2021 BMW 430i Conv
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I thought the whole selling the Bronco for a Tesla commuter vehicle was bizarre from the get go. What was the thought process when originally deciding on a Bronco ?
Iā€™ve always thought Broncos were cool going back to college. When they were announced, I got a spot the first day. And I had a 2021 F150 I bought before this, so thought Iā€™d keep the Bronco for just A weekend car. I sold my truck (which was awesome, BTW) and once I started driving the Bronco daily, it just wasnā€™t for me. I literally havenā€™t taken it off-road once, which is a shame.

OP
OP
BigTex22

BigTex22

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My friend is a car dealer in Tampa and saw a First Edition at auction for $65,000. There were no bids and it did not sell.

My view since before Broncos were produced was that higher trims would not hold their value. I bought a Base Sasquatch 2.7L hardtop. IMO, Sasquatch and the big engine are what people really care about. Having a hardtop is also more desirable that a softtop. Only people with a lot of money will pay $20-30k more for bells & whistles on a first Edition. It's essentially the same thing as a baseSquatch, except for swaybar disco. Change my mind!

The market will not care about trim levels. Bronco in my mind has two main categories of vehicle: Sasquatch and non-Sasquatch, w/BL included in the former. Seems the market is also dinging the value of manual transmissions.
Guess Iā€™ll be finding out soon. Plan to list this within the next few weeks.

OP
OP
BigTex22

BigTex22

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Consider Carvana. They are not in great shape and I would not buy from them, but the check cleared for my Mustang at a price much higher than I was expecting with a private sale. Also, you can get a number from them by just inputting a VIN in about 5 minutes. I got exactly what they quoted me online.
Interestingā€¦ I just ran it through Carvana and got an offer for $62,184 which is basically MSRP, not including taxes (seem to remember I walked off at $67K). That seems a little low to me based off what Iā€™ve seen on Autotrader and other places.

OP
OP
BigTex22

BigTex22

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Interestingā€¦ I just ran it through Carvana and got an offer for $62,184 which is basically MSRP, not including taxes (seem to remember I walked off at $67K). That seems a little low to me based off what Iā€™ve seen on Autotrader and other places.
Kelly Blue Book is saying $78K on a private sale. Ainā€™t no wayā€¦
Sponsored