Sponsored

Have First Edition Broncos held their value?

N8RsLBFE

First Edition
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 First Edition Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm in the panhandle of FL and a dealer here sold one last week for 76k, but I'm sure he budged a little before selling. I bought mine a few days later much closer to msrp. I think any FE, wildtrak, or badlands is gonna still demand higher prices for a year or two based on how hard a time Ford has had producing the higher trims, but time will tell.
Sponsored

Suke996

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition (Reservation)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a 2021 4-door First Edition which I will be looking to sell soon. After 15K miles, Iā€™ve determined I need something else for a commuter vehicle, so have ordered a Tesla Y Performance.

Iā€˜m looking to sell private party and noticed that the prices are still healthy on sites like Kelly Blue Book, but have seen some much lower on other sites. Any perspective on how much in demand these still are / used vehicle prices?

Thanks in advance!

They've held their value to an extent but not what they were.

I sold my First Edition 4dr with 2300 miles to a dealer for $72k. They listed it for $80k and have since lowered it to $74k. It's still available.

broncodeadhead

First Edition
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Dodge Challenger, Nissan Pathfinder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have a 2 door FE purchased December of 21 with around 18 k miles currently and I am still completely enamored with my rigā€¦. And though I paid over MSRP at the time, I still feel like it is the best purchase Iā€™ve made in my life. The amount of fun I have received from getting into the four wheel drive world here in northern CA, including tackling at least 10 to 15 new trails of varying difficulty, has been immeasurable. Also I have had a couple minor mechanical issues, which Ford resolved professionally and immediately, but luckily no concerns with my hardtop. Finally, after buying my challenger in 09 and then my bronco in 21, I decided to keep both until Iā€™m six feet under, so the financial worth of my rigs hopefully wonā€™t be a concern for awhile šŸ˜³

Pattertj

Badlands
First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 F350 4x4, BDL 2-dr squatch & Rivian RT1 pending
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will say that the Bronco is an amazing vehicle. Still gets head turns even with more on the streets. My issue is that I donā€™t use it for any of the things itā€™s great for. Meaning, I donā€™t drive trails, go off-road, etc. Itā€™s just a ā€œmall crawlerā€ for me, so I feel like itā€™s a waste to have all this $ tied up in something Iā€™ll never maximize the use for. Itā€™s a little too loud for daily commutes - not bad, but noticeable. And because I drive it daily, Iā€˜ve stopped taking the top off on the weekends because itā€™s too much of a hassle to get on and off weekly. To be honest, this would be an amazing second vehicle, for the weekend, but itā€™s just not for me driving it 100+ miles each day to and from work.
Exactly why I have a Toyota hybrid as my primary getting 40 MPG. I commute 62 miles round trip daily.

Sponsored

ScottyC

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a 2021 4-door First Edition which I will be looking to sell soon. After 15K miles, Iā€™ve determined I need something else for a commuter vehicle, so have ordered a Tesla Y Performance.
Interesting choice, did you consider a Mach E?

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I bought one last December for 70k. 8k miles and pristine condition other than a small issue or two.

It had an electrical issue at first, but dealer charged up the battery and no issues since. Hard top doesnā€™t have any issues at all. TCU was dead, but itā€™s getting fixed under warranty. Just waiting for it since itā€™s on back order (surprise).

I followed the market months before that and people were keeping prices in the upper 70s and 80s. The guy I got mine from got the memo that nobody was paying that much.

I paid 70 because I wanted one and I needed a winter daily driver. Of course weā€™re having the mildest winter here. Lol

A smart buyer will check the engine Julian date. No guarantees there, but after September build I feel is a better bet.

Overall, it doesnā€™t seem to matter which exterior color or interior, similar prices.

So overall, despite owning one, what most are saying here seems correct. They are still above msrp, but not some special sought after vehicle commanding 20k over msrp cost (Like they were out the gate).

Stomper

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A collector vehicle should have under 1000 miles on it. Face it, who wants to save a truck that already has scratches and smells like somebodyā€™s dog with this many potential defects and warranty running out? Plus Ford certainly proved true the old axiom that you dont want to buy the first year of a new model.

OP
OP
BigTex22

BigTex22

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4WD, 2021 BMW 430i Conv
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Interesting choice, did you consider a Mach E?
No, I think Tesla is far ahead of others with EV and with the performance, range, and discount, was a no brainer. Also, a lot more roomy than the Mach E.

OP
OP
BigTex22

BigTex22

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4WD, 2021 BMW 430i Conv
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
A collector vehicle should have under 1000 miles on it. Face it, who wants to save a truck that already has scratches and smells like somebodyā€™s dog with this many potential defects and warranty running out? Plus Ford certainly proved true the old axiom that you dont want to buy the first year of a new model.
Mine doesnā€™t have a scratch on it. Hand washed since purchased and garaged. This thing is cherry.

Sponsored

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

No, I think Tesla is far ahead of others with EV and with the performance, range, and discount, was a no brainer. Also, a lot more roomy than the Mach E.
This is correct. You won't regret it. I've had a Y for a year now. 36k miles with no issues. $0 maintenance and I charge for free at work. It's easily the best vehicle I have ever had. Took a 4k mile road trip last year without a single issue due to Tesla's Supercharger network. Try doing that in another EV...

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I have a 2023 Everglades that will be picking up next week and I bought another car while waiting over two years. I am going to purchase and flip. I have had two offers over 74k

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm agreed with the other posts. I think the Raptor really brought down the value of the FEs. At first you could see them going for over 100k, but that has drastically changed. I'd guess 65k to 70k range. Agreed, that if you wanted to get the most out of it keeping the miles down would have a been a better choice, but you were actually using it so nothing wrong with that.
If you are going to sell, I'd do it right away. The market is going to drop as rates keep going up.

Last edited:

Stomper

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Mine doesnā€™t have a scratch on it. Hand washed since purchased and garaged. This thing is cherry.
Then yours is probably worth a premium. Contrast that some of the ones traded in already have been used and abused and maybe had a defect pop up. I think its hard to compare to other sales with a vehicle like this. Just look at Carvana and see all of the visible damage some of these suffer in such a short time.