Sponsored

Have First Edition Broncos held their value?

OP
OP
BigTex22

BigTex22

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4WD, 2021 BMW 430i Conv
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm curious how the hard tops are holding up on the FE's. Any cracking since they were the first ones to roll off the line? Anyone that has one I'd appreciate some feedback. Thank you.
No issues with my hard top, but I’m here in Texas, so no crazy cold weather.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The market has cooled a bit but I'd start at 5k over original MSRP and see if you get any bites. You can always negotiate down. They are still a little more special than the other trims but won't be truly sought after till 25-30 years from now.

You’re selling your Bronco for a Tesla? I just threw up.
Get used to it, most Broncos were bought because they're cool, not because it was the best vehicle for the owner's use. Turnover is going to remain high for a while.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

They are selling for $67k - $70k right now.

Lake Tahoe Traveler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 2dr BL SASQ, & 1975 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2021 4-door First Edition which I will be looking to sell soon. After 15K miles, I’ve determined I need something else for a commuter vehicle, so have ordered a Tesla Y Performance.

I‘m looking to sell private party and noticed that the prices are still healthy on sites like Kelly Blue Book, but have seen some much lower on other sites. Any perspective on how much in demand these still are / used vehicle prices?

Thanks in advance!
special Lightning Blue color and black leather…
Are completely one off…. IMO the most significant Bronco other than a BRaptor
I’d say a lightning blue black leather interior Is GOLDEN!!!!

two tone interior is not optimal…
But any First Edition should hold above its original MSRP value… remember Ford raised their prices for a new Bronco’s significantly….

Sponsored

jhruzek

Raptor
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Raptor, Lexus LC500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
12K miles on my FE. No cracks but no deep freezes

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm starting to see badlands and wildtrak, LUX, SAS, 2.7 values starting to increase again due to the ford price increases and the letters going out by Ford paying order holders to drop those features. If new order holders wanting to place orders when the order banks open back up are told they can't order LUX, SAS, Hardtop I'd assume they'll look to the used market and prices will stay elevated. You should expect at least $5k over what you paid even with your miles is my guess to sell immedaitely. List $10k over and you may have to wait for a bite but it could happen.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get used to it, most Broncos were bought because they're cool, not because it was the best vehicle for the owner's use. Turnover is going to remain high for a while.
Truth.

Whenever I'm at my dealer and spot a used Bronco I asked the sales people what the back story was. Most common answers:
  • It gets bad fuel economy
  • It's a terrible family vehicle
  • It can't tow my boat/camper
  • I rather have an electric/hybrid
Most folks who have traded in their Bronco left the dealer with an F-150, Explorer, or Mach-E. A bunch of people bought a Bronco because it was a toy vehicle and they knew it wouldn't lose its value. Now with inflation and interest rates, people are going back to the vehicles they need rather than the toy vehicles.

Last edited:

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You’re selling your Bronco for a Tesla? I just threw up.

15k miles is starting to impact the price. Try and get msrp. Who knows? The market doesn’t show signs of a lot of extra value for 1st edition’s unfortunately.
Because the Bronco was bought to be cool.
Bronco is a much cooler vehicle but I need something quiet and low cost to operate. With Tesla lowering prices plus $7,500 tax credit, it makes sense for me.
See above^
OP bought Bronco just to buy Bronco.

OP
OP
BigTex22

BigTex22

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4WD, 2021 BMW 430i Conv
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I will say that the Bronco is an amazing vehicle. Still gets head turns even with more on the streets. My issue is that I don’t use it for any of the things it’s great for. Meaning, I don’t drive trails, go off-road, etc. It’s just a “mall crawler” for me, so I feel like it’s a waste to have all this $ tied up in something I’ll never maximize the use for. It’s a little too loud for daily commutes - not bad, but noticeable. And because I drive it daily, I‘ve stopped taking the top off on the weekends because it’s too much of a hassle to get on and off weekly. To be honest, this would be an amazing second vehicle, for the weekend, but it’s just not for me driving it 100+ miles each day to and from work.

Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bronco is a much cooler vehicle but I need something quiet and low cost to operate. With Tesla lowering prices plus $7,500 tax credit, it makes sense for me.
If I were you I'd do a lot more research on ev's of any kind if your looking for cost effective and efficient. There are many sources showing ev's are considerably more expensive overall than ice vehicles. And that $7500 tax credit is not as simple as it sounds. There are plenty of quiet comfortable and efficient vehicles that are less expensive than a Tesla for what your needs are.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Raptors killed the first edition overly high value. I think Msrp plus $5k, I would shoot to break even on a 2 year old vehicle.

In the $60-70k vehicle market people don't like used so I would find the best detailer you can.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To the OP: You chose a moar door in a non-exclusive color. If you can recoup your MSRP, count that as a win. Likely you'll have to wait for the perfect buyer who is just yearning for a 2+ year old vehicle. Objectively, there isn't much difference between yours and a MY'21 loaded Badlands. One might argue that there were less MY'21 loaded Badlands made than the moar door FE in the same color.

special Lightning Blue color and black leather…
Are completely one off…. IMO the most significant Bronco other than a BRaptor
I’d say a lightning blue black leather interior Is GOLDEN!!!!

two tone interior is not optimal…
But any First Edition should hold above its original MSRP value… remember Ford raised their prices for a new Bronco’s significantly….
The true collector is only interested in a FE spec'd the same as VIN 001. If it's not a 2-dr LB in Luna Navy Pier, then it's just a loaded Badlands. The black interior was only made available by Ford when they capitulated to the whiny FE reservation holders that bitched and complained about renders even when they never saw an actual photo. Only the Karen(s) demanded the black interior and any FE with it will forever be tainted with the dishonor.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To the OP: You chose a moar door in a non-exclusive color. If you can recoup your MSRP, count that as a win. Likely you'll have to wait for the perfect buyer who is just yearning for a 2+ year old vehicle. Objectively, there isn't much difference between yours and a MY'21 loaded Badlands. One might argue that there were less MY'21 loaded Badlands made than the moar door FE in the same color.

The true collector is only interested in a FE spec'd the same as VIN 001. If it's not a 2-dr LB in Luna Navy Pier, then it's just a loaded Badlands. The black interior was only made available by Ford when they capitulated to the whiny FE reservation holders that bitched and complained about renders even when they never saw an actual photo. Only the Karen(s) demanded the black interior and any FE with it will forever be tainted with the dishonor.
I bet you'd be shocked to realize 2 doors sit on the lots longer than 4 doors because they're not practical and have tiny gas tanks right? (source cargurus.com average number of days on the lot nationwide). The pool of potential buyers will be far greater with the 4 door. As much as I love my manual coupes, anytime I sold them it's like I had to find that needle in the haystack buyer who appreciated it. I always bought them for me, not for resell. But it'll be nice knowing when my reservation bronco comes in I can sell my current to basically anyone looking for a bronco without having to explain things like how to fit skis, how much luggage can fit, how far can it drive on a tank, and is it comfortable with kids in the back lol.

Tony4x4

Big Bend
First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 EB Bronco 2021 BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a 2021 4-door First Edition which I will be looking to sell soon. After 15K miles, I’ve determined I need something else for a commuter vehicle, so have ordered a Tesla Y Performance.

I‘m looking to sell private party and noticed that the prices are still healthy on sites like Kelly Blue Book, but have seen some much lower on other sites. Any perspective on how much in demand these still are / used vehicle prices?

Thanks in advance!
Depends on your specific location but no matter the place any Bronco with all that equipment is still not easy to get so I would expect yours to fetch at least 5-10k over MSRP unless its really beat up.

Thanks in advance!
If its in great condition you can get $5k over msrp without much trouble.
Sponsored