Sponsored

Have First Edition Broncos held their value?

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Interesting… I just ran it through Carvana and got an offer for $62,184 which is basically MSRP, not including taxes (seem to remember I walked off at $67K). That seems a little low to me based off what I’ve seen on Autotrader and other places.
What you see them ‘going’ for is only asking. These and other trims are all over. Same ones for months. Even ones I inquired on, used, are still asking more than what I paid for ours new. And they STILL have them. Sounds like the sound advice here is take what you can get to break even. That profit you hoped would be there is not any more.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you can keep it all original and wait 50 years….
I guarantee you that there are a few First Editions, undriven, plastic covers still on the seats, up on jack stands and in climate controlled storage, waiting on the BJ Auction in 2071. I was never sure why people bought First Editions with the purpose of driving them. An undriven or even all original 2021 Bronco First Edition at auction in 2071 will bring huge money.

Oh, but that’s right….we’re suppose to be extinct in 10 years…..Never mind….

Last edited:

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There were 1,000s of FE made, not really a small enough number to be extra super scarce and desirable in my opinion, just a nice vehicle in and of itself, if that trim attracted you

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For people not into the whole bronco thing its about looks and options i would imagine..so you just have to find someone who wants the FE just because

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There were 1,000s of FE made, not really a small enough number to be extra super scarce and desirable in my opinion, just a nice vehicle in and of itself, if that trim attracted you
Yes, but how many will survive unmodified?

Sponsored

thebeav

Badlands
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's why instead of selling, OP should be buying more first editions and destroying them. Drive up the value of theirs.

OP
OP
BigTex22

BigTex22

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4WD, 2021 BMW 430i Conv
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
3,500 4-doors to be exact

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
3,500 4-doors to be exact
There were 2500 2014 FJ TTUEs made. I sold mine last year with 50k on it for around msrp. I considered keeping it, but as I age, my philosophy on it is drive em if ya got em, and if you don’t drive em, let someone else enjoy it.

I get the whole collector thing, but just not for me. So I’d say 1 of 3500 will hold value ok, obviously more as years go on if it’s in great shape with low miles.

Ixr

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is kbb accurate?

I have a base 2dr SaS 7mt and for giggles plugged in my info and it's saying 55-62k ... That is ridiculous. The car was 38k.

Makes things tempting but wouldn't sell anyways.

OP
OP
BigTex22

BigTex22

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4WD, 2021 BMW 430i Conv
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well, after much discussion with the wifey today, we decided to keep the Bronco and replace her BMW convertible with the Tesla. I just couldn’t give up my blue beauty.

Sponsored

Pattertj

Badlands
First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 F350 4x4, BDL 2-dr squatch & Rivian RT1 pending
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Woodypeoples

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco is a much cooler vehicle but I need something quiet and low cost to operate. With Tesla lowering prices plus $7,500 tax credit, it makes sense for me.
It’s funny because I bought a 2021 Tesla Model Y in November of 2020 after growing tired of waiting for the Bronco. I drove it for nearly 2 years until getting a Lightning (1st hour reservation). I liked the Tesla a lot. Didn’t have a single problem in 40k miles. I didn’t have performance model. I drive too much to have tires with small lip. I traded it in for what I paid for it when I got the Lightning. Always kept the Bronco reservation, and finally have a build date. Keeping the Bronco as a weekend ride, and I am excited. It will be nice not to think about range when driving it.
Sponsored