Sponsored

Have First Edition Broncos held their value?

BigTex22

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch 4WD, 2021 BMW 430i Conv
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a 2021 4-door First Edition which I will be looking to sell soon. After 15K miles, I’ve determined I need something else for a commuter vehicle, so have ordered a Tesla Y Performance.

I‘m looking to sell private party and noticed that the prices are still healthy on sites like Kelly Blue Book, but have seen some much lower on other sites. Any perspective on how much in demand these still are / used vehicle prices?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP
BigTex22

BigTex22

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I should note for any mods out there, I’m not soliciting buyers (I’ll sell locally). Just curious as to what others are seeing out there.

Rjacks258

Wildtrak
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2019 Ford F250, 2009 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, one for sale in our town on marketplace was listed for $88,888, private seller. 16k miles. Couple of add ons forget what. Price dropped to $80k a while later then shortly after that to $70k. It was still for sale on Saturday. Dealer up the road has had one listed at $84k for 5 months now. Still there.

edit: the first one is now at $69k.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can just only speak to the auction/dealer values in my local area, don’t pay attention to the national market.

Most seem to be going for around $65,000 - $68,000. Considering MSRP was around $62,000 starting, I would consider that pretty healthy. But they definitely don’t seem to be super sought after vehicles. No more (or less) pricey than other top spec used Badlands or Wildtrak Broncos.

A local dealer put one up for sale in December months ago for $76,000, and it has steadily dropped in price since then. Currently sitting around $71,000.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The FE may still hold some value for a small few but I would think anyone who wanted a First Edition pretty much got one. Sitting here halfway through the third model year they are nothing more than an overpriced and loaded Badlands for those still shopping around.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just looked on CarMax and they only have 24 Bronco's nationwide. They are only selling used Bronco's with 1,000 miles for about $2k over MSRP. That means they are only offering below MSRP to those selling. None of those were First Edition's though.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We took ours to auction and it bounced around to several dealers and at least two that had it advertised were listing a just a couple thousand over what we sold it for before moving on. My guess is they lost money and were just trying to get out from under it at the end before taking back to auction.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2021 4-door First Edition which I will be looking to sell soon. After 15K miles, I’ve determined I need something else for a commuter vehicle, so have ordered a Tesla Y Performance.

I‘m looking to sell private party and noticed that the prices are still healthy on sites like Kelly Blue Book, but have seen some much lower on other sites. Any perspective on how much in demand these still are / used vehicle prices?

Thanks in advance!
List for what you paid. Someone will buy it. Look at all the folks on this site willing to pay $10 - $15K more then they are worth.

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I saw one the other day for $69k with less than 3000 miles.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’re selling your Bronco for a Tesla? I just threw up.

15k miles is starting to impact the price. Try and get msrp. Who knows? The market doesn’t show signs of a lot of extra value for 1st edition’s unfortunately.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

To me, it's a 2+ year old Bronco. I won't live long enough to see any collector value in a first edition. Given a choice of a used FE or getting the WT I have on order, I will take the WT.

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm curious how the hard tops are holding up on the FE's. Any cracking since they were the first ones to roll off the line? Anyone that has one I'd appreciate some feedback. Thank you.

OP
OP
BigTex22

BigTex22

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Bronco is a much cooler vehicle but I need something quiet and low cost to operate. With Tesla lowering prices plus $7,500 tax credit, it makes sense for me.

You’re selling your Bronco for a Tesla? I just threw up.

15k miles is starting to impact the price. Try and get msrp. Who knows? The market doesn’t show signs of a lot of extra value for 1st edition’s unfortunately.
Sponsored