Sponsored

Have VIN # now. How long until build date?

Cdogg

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have vin# but no build date, makes no sense,how far away m I from a build date?
Sponsored

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have a VIN, you have a target week assigned for your build but as mentioned that change can and likely will change a few times before your rig actually gets built. Your dealer can look it up. That doesnā€™t mean they will, but they have the ability to find out and tell you. I have to reach out to mine to get an update since they arenā€™t really proactive.

dfwbronco22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Audi S6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I redid my order on 11/30/21 (original order was March 2020)..... via the tracking tool it went "In Production" mode on February 7....then today it actually had 2/21/22 listed under the "In Production" with an ETA of 3/22/22, but who knows..... see image below.
Ford Bronco Have VIN # now. How long until build date? Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 10.19.57 AM copy

Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So can an order be modified after the VIN is issued but before the build date or does the VIN permanently lock in the order?

hunterg54

Base
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So can an order be modified after the VIN is issued but before the build date or does the VIN permanently lock in the order?
I tried modifying my order but my dealer said since I have a vin already no changes can be made.

Synyster06Gates

Badlands
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have a VIN you have a tentative build date. So it canā€™t be modified if you have a VIN

dfwbronco22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Audi S6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was told only a few weeks from 11/30 to make any accessory changes.....

After doing Off Rodeo in Horseshoe Bay back in Sept, I needed to change from WildTrak to Badlands for the stab disconnect.... I wanted a 2022 so I held off redoing my order last summer (from March 2020), which I am so glad I did

Sponsored

RubiconSasquatch

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BadSquatch, 2021 JLUR, 2008 JK-X, 65 Elco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you have a VIN you have a tentative build date. So it canā€™t be modified if you have a VIN
Most things canā€™t be changed, but some can. I was able to change paint color, bumpers, things like floor mats, etc after I had a VIN. It doesnā€™t become fully locked until it actually enters production.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 BaseSAS / ā€˜21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Most things canā€™t be changed, but some can. I was able to change paint color, bumpers, things like floor mats, etc after I had a VIN. It doesnā€™t become fully locked until it actually enters production.
Same, I was able to make paint selection changes but not trim changes.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you just got your VIN, your worst case is 5/2 since that was the last week of this scheduling cycle. But don't worry, it'll move a few times. You'll get an email and show up on the tracker about a month before your build.

Last edited:

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I imagine you can't change anything that will impact your VIN like the model or engine, but you should be able to change color, bumpers, and options like RubiconSasquatch mentioned. Once you have a build day (not a future build week) you probably can't change anything.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Got my VIN back January 28th.

I had updates from someone who was tracking my order and had an expected build date of March 28th

It slipped to April 11th two weeks ago

Then I got a text from my sales guy unexpectedly tonight and now its 4/18.
Sponsored