First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My wife pretty much demanded that I install steps on the Wildtrak, because it's tough for her to get into and out of, and I really liked the look of the Havoc Trailcrawler steps. I don't intend to do any crazy offroading, so I didn't need to buy anything that was a dedicated slider. Ordered Friday, received Tuesday, installed yesterday. They're heavy, and seem very well made, with end caps to stop moisture from getting in. Powder coating looks good, and the welds seem very good.

Installation took all of 15 minutes, but you need two sets of hands. I tried to maneuver the step into place, hold it, and start the center lower bolt, but I needed another hand. I had my kid start the bolt, and that worked perfectly. I have the Rekgen XL mud flaps, and these do not interfere, at all.
Ford Bronco Havoc Trailcrawler Steps Installed PXL_20221026_204557283

Ford Bronco Havoc Trailcrawler Steps Installed PXL_20221027_131001835

Ford Bronco Havoc Trailcrawler Steps Installed PXL_20221027_131007220

Ford Bronco Havoc Trailcrawler Steps Installed PXL_20221027_131009951

JR
Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My wife pretty much demanded that I install steps on the Wildtrak, because it's tough for her to get into and out of, and I really liked the look of the Havoc Trailcrawler steps. I don't intend to do any crazy offroading, so I didn't need to buy anything that was a dedicated slider. Ordered Friday, received Tuesday, installed yesterday. They're heavy, and seem very well made, with end caps to stop moisture from getting in. Powder coating looks good, and the welds seem very good.

Installation took all of 15 minutes, but you need two sets of hands. I tried to maneuver the step into place, hold it, and start the center lower bolt, but I needed another hand. I had my kid start the bolt, and that worked perfectly. I have the Rekgen XL mud flaps, and these do not interfere, at all.

JR
Looks amazing!

OP
OP
jacknifetoaswan

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

DA JUICE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Wheels, 3 pedals, goes forward
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The price on these is certainly right. As someone who will be doing mild/moderate trails (not extreme) do you think they would offer decent protection?

Sponsored

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

JR
They look nice!!! Still holding out for a set of Amp's power steps. But, getting hard....

Team Wildtrak = đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

JB4Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks great. I have a set of these waiting for my wildtrak when it comes in. I’ve been waiting on mud flaps until I knew a combo that worked. So looks like I’ll be ordering the rekgens

OP
OP
jacknifetoaswan

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The price on these is certainly right. As someone who will be doing mild/moderate trails (not extreme) do you think they would offer decent protection?
I anticipate all my trail time to be things like getting through wooded areas to/from camp sites, and since I live in Charleston, I have to really travel to get to anything where there are hills, let alone anything bigger than that. Are these rock sliders? No. Will they protect the pinch welds? Definitely. The brackets are pretty beefy, so I expect them to hold up well to what I'll throw at it, but getting high sided on a giant boulder is definitely not what these are meant for.

Looks great. I have a set of these waiting for my wildtrak when it comes in. I’ve been waiting on mud flaps until I knew a combo that worked. So looks like I’ll be ordering the rekgens
They're nicely made. Took me all of about 15 minutes to put on, and most of that was the front.

The one thing I'm going to change is that the rear mud flaps (at least on a Wildtrak) are screwing into a plastic bumper, and using holes that already exist from small bumper end plates. 5/6 of my screws went in solidly, but the sixth didn't want to tighten up like it should. I'm going to get replacement bolts and install these with nuts. We have access to the back side of the plastic bumper cover. Why wouldn't we bolt these in, rather than just screw them in?

JR

Chelada

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm really liking these. Are these frame mounted?

Edit: I chatted with Havoc and they confirmed it mounts to the body. Still trying to decide if I want to go this route or a frame mounted option.

Last edited:

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The one thing I'm going to change is that the rear mud flaps (at least on a Wildtrak) are screwing into a plastic bumper, and using holes that already exist from small bumper end plates. 5/6 of my screws went in solidly, but the sixth didn't want to tighten up like it should. I'm going to get replacement bolts and install these with nuts. We have access to the back side of the plastic bumper cover. Why wouldn't we bolt these in, rather than just screw them in?

JR
And that is why I went with Rokblokz. Big price difference but you get what you pay for. Nice sturdy brackets and no modification necesary. That's always a let down when a part requires you to alter the factory pieces in some way, like screwing right into one.

The steps look nice. I'd like to swap out my OE steps eventually I like how these sit a lil higher. How much do they stick out if you were looking at it from the side?
Sponsored