Sponsored

Headed Into Big Snow Next Week, What GOAT Modes Are You Using?

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I'll be heading into some serious snow driving conditions next week traveling north to Tahoe. It usually is the worst on Hwy 395 going towards the pass at Lee Vining. I think it's over 8000 feet. Its a 4 lane highway with some twists and elevation changes. I'll be driving in the snow (actually snowing) for a few hours. I assume Weather Mode is best for this, but do any of you already have experience with traveling in driving heavy snow already? Mind you, I've done it a lot, even twice in blizzard conditions, but it was in an AWD vehicle with winter race tires so I ate it up. I have a WT with the Goodyear AT tires, supposedly pretty good. This is my first time doing so in the Bronco. Thanks everyone, and safe holiday travels for everyone!!
Sponsored

TurnerNHooch

Badlands
First Name
Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ & all the F150s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We will be going 88 to 395 as well. It will be up to the gods whether or not it will be in a Bronco. My sister drives up 395 through Lee Vining and it's just best, whatever your driving, to take it slow and find a plow if you can, stay behind it. :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Roll Sound

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We will be going 88 to 395 as well. It will be up to the gods whether or not it will be in a Bronco. My sister drives up 395 through Lee Vining and it's just best, whatever your driving, to take it slow and find a plow if you can, stay behind it. :ROFLMAO:
I hope santa gets you that Bronco in time!

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am heading up to Mammoth on Tuesday with my SAS BLā€™s. I was thinking the same thing.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've played around with different modes but find myself in normal mode and 4high daily. With traction control off.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roll Sound

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
According to the chart Weather gives you extra traction control, soft throttle, soft steering, and soft trans. On paper that seems the best.

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I'll be heading into some serious snow driving conditions next week traveling north to Tahoe. It usually is the worst on Hwy 395 going towards the pass at Lee Vining. I think it's over 8000 feet. Its a 4 lane highway with some twists and elevation changes. I'll be driving in the snow (actually snowing) for a few hours. I assume Weather Mode is best for this, but do any of you already have experience with traveling in driving heavy snow already? Mind you, I've done it a lot, even twice in blizzard conditions, but it was in an AWD vehicle with winter race tires so I ate it up. I have a WT with the Goodyear AT tires, supposedly pretty good. This is my first time doing so in the Bronco. Thanks everyone, and safe holiday travels for everyone!!
I drove over Donner Summit from Reno to Sacramento on Wednesday night during the blizzard. Visibility was terrible. I kept the Bronco in Slippery GOAT mode but switched it from AWD to 4H. The snow was coming down faster than the plows could keep up and the road had 2-4 inches on it consistently. The winds were whipping through too. The Bronco handled great with the Sasquatch Goodyear tires. My only complaint was the lack of fog lights on my Base Squatch. We ended up following a semi with fog lights so that we could see where we were going. I'm actively looking for a good fog light solution that is not $1000.

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€”
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but even the bronco canā€™t make it down a closed highway ā€” if the forecasts are even close to correct, those roads will be R3 chain control and closed for long periods of time during this storm.

that said: get some peerless chains, keep it in 4H when thereā€™s snow pack, and drive slowly

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We got 17 inches the other week and I never moved it out of 2WD. The roads sucked but anything more wasnā€™t needed. Just donā€™t drive like a jackass which so few people do up here at the first few snow falls. Yet we see it for more than half the year. lol

2DF1BADF-640F-4336-9A3B-78DAEEC8DC3B.jpeg
Sponsored