Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I recently started having an issue where my headlights go on for no reason after being parked for 20-30 minutes. It has happened multiple times in the past two weeks. Not sure what is going on. I know for sure the key fob is not being bumped because it happened once while my keys were on the counter and I looked outside and the lights were on. Happened again today while at the park. I confirmed the lights were off and about 30 minutes later I could see them on from across the park. Also, getting the doodoodoo sound almost everytime I open the door when it didn't used to appear. This all seems like a software bug that has popped up after an update or something because it never happened for the first 7000 miles and 3+ months of ownership. Anyone else noticing similar behavior?
Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don’t know about the headlight thing, but you can forscan all your doo doo doos away.

iwantabasebronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gmc
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I recently started having an issue where my headlights go on for no reason after being parked for 20-30 minutes. It has happened multiple times in the past two weeks. Not sure what is going on. I know for sure the key fob is not being bumped because it happened once while my keys were on the counter and I looked outside and the lights were on. Happened again today while at the park. I confirmed the lights were off and about 30 minutes later I could see them on from across the park. Also, getting the doodoodoo sound almost everytime I open the door when it didn't used to appear. This all seems like a software bug that has popped up after an update or something because it never happened for the first 7000 miles and 3+ months of ownership. Anyone else noticing similar behavior?
Same issue here. Good to know someone else had. I’m at one full week without headlights turning on randomly. Called dealership and they haven’t heard of this being a known issue.

Maineah

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just last night I hit lock on the fob, looked outside and the headlights were on. I thought it might have been a courtesy thing and they would turn off after 30 sec but nope. Had to go out and turn them off after 5 min. Really weird. I know I had them set to auto. Don’t really know what to think.

CUPRA

Outer Banks
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBXSAS/'23 Camaro SS Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had this happen to me as well - went into the garage and found the headlights on. Had to turn them off of the Auto position and then put them back to that position.

And the chiming from the door when it opened and then wouldn't stop. I cycled the engine and that sorted it.

It appeared to coincide with a system update that Bronco had. When looking in the Ford Pass App, I had two system update notifications with 'What's new in this update'.

Haven't had the issue since.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi there, Rob! This definitely doesn’t sound like the experience we want you to be having. If you'd like to, please go ahead and send a private message to us with your VIN and dealer info. I’d be happy to look into this for you. Thank you!

Maineah

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Edge
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just last night I hit lock on the fob, looked outside and the headlights were on. I thought it might have been a courtesy thing and they would turn off after 30 sec but nope. Had to go out and turn them off after 5 min. Really weird. I know I had them set to auto. Don’t really know what to think.
I found out what was happening in my situation. When I shift my ass to get out, my knee often hits the headlight selector, switching from auto to on. I realized this when I had the door open for a few seconds, then adjusted to get out and the ding, ding, ding warning started. I thought that was odd and looked around to figure out why and noticed the lights were now set to on. Keep an eye out for accidentally turning your lights on!

CG88

Black Diamond
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm having the same issue. It started last week.

Dcdds

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the headlights turning on automatically when starting? ( I don't keep my lights on auto)

BCFDLtE13

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I woke up this morning and my parking lights were on as well. I also received a notification from my home network that "sync" had connected to the network in the middle of the night. It seems there was an over the air update to sync, and for some reason it turned and left the parking lights on for 6 hours.

Sponsored

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I found out what was happening in my situation. When I shift my ass to get out, my knee often hits the headlight selector, switching from auto to on. I realized this when I had the door open for a few seconds, then adjusted to get out and the ding, ding, ding warning started. I thought that was odd and looked around to figure out why and noticed the lights were now set to on. Keep an eye out for accidentally turning your lights on!
I do this as well! I'm 6'2", and especially if someone drives it before me and pulls up the seat, when I get in my lanky legs hit the knob. And sometimes if I twist the wrong way getting out I'll do it too.

BTW...do you ever look at a word and have no idea if you spelled it right, and it looks wrong no matter how you spell it? Is it knob? Gnob? Nob? Naab?

CG88

Black Diamond
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Bronco has been in the shop for almost two weeks and in short, they have no clue how to fix the headlight issue. They have replaced the knob, fuses, and have totally reset the software to no avail....

MelissaJ19

Outer Banks
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Bronco has been in the shop for almost two weeks and in short, they have no clue how to fix the headlight issue. They have replaced the knob, fuses, and have totally reset the software to no avail....
Pretty sure they need to fix the coding in the software. Mine has been on dirt mountain for 2 months without a fix because of headlights.

CG88

Black Diamond
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Pretty sure they need to fix the coding in the software. Mine has been on dirt mountain for 2 months without a fix because of headlights.
It's really aggravating, and I'm about ready to ditch it. I also had to have a new passenger door installed and the frame repainted because the the original door was faulty and scrubbing the frame.

CG88

Black Diamond
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was told from my dealer that Ford is making a whole new headlight switch assy. and it will ship out in October. The current headlight switch is faulty.
Sponsored