Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Trying to cope with the loss of our son June 14, 2020 and maybe helping others along the way. First, this is not my Bronco, it's my son's. He was waiting to purchase one as soon as they were available. His Great Dane had turned 1 and was quickly out growing his Challenger. We lost him a month before reservations went live.

He had fought depression and suicidal thoughts, although you would have never had know. Well liked by everyone and he made everyone feel like his friend. Like they say, his smile could light up a room. 4 year varsity wrestler and captain his senior year. Spent a year in a half at the University of Arkansas (WPS) where he loved Fayetteville. Things took a turn for the worse mentally however and we had to bring him home for fear of him harming himself. A parents worst nightmare. After primary care doctor, endocrinologist, neurologist, sleep study, psychiatrist; we thought it was handled. But a week before he passed, we found him in the driveway pacing and crying. Said he was having a panic attack and it was the fourth one that day. We asked to take him to the emergency room, but he said no that they would admit him. We didn't understand what he was talking about. He agreed to take his blood pressure and if it was elevated then he would go. His blood pressure was fine... He said he's getting better and can handle it. A week later at the age of 21, he took his life. We found out later through one of his friend he had mentioned hearing voices. We've been absolutely devastated.

When Ford reservations went live, I was on my phone around 2am as I had been since his passing. I had never thought about reserving a Bronco until that moment. It's been a blessing as I've been able to stay busy and keep my mind occupied. Building and rebuilding. Communicating on this forum and learning so much. Planning modifications that will span years as if Connor and I are doing it together. I've even decided to document the work and our travels. Heal'n thru Wheel'n came to me as away to maybe help others in a similar situation. If we can find a way to cope; then maybe others will see that while you never recover, you can live by coping.

We've been without our Buddy for the past 3 weeks as it's been getting fixed up for it's role in helping overcome tragedy. We wanted something that is recognizable as we travel the country and ride trails. Something that can help tell the story. We decided to use Ford's 4600 Bronco as inspiration. Made a few changes where we felt carbon fiber might be a nice transition. Added some PPF to offer a bit more protection. Ceramic glaze to make cleaning a bit easier. A few Easter eggs of our own to represent Connor.

Hope to see some of you around. If you recognize it out on a trail or getting gas, please say hello. It would mean the world to us to meet you. If you want to follow the new page feel free to. It's https://www.facebook.com/healn.thru.wheeln. The Youtube page will be started as soon as I get the interview from us getting Buddy wrapped explaining what it all means. In the mean time, those still waiting; I understand it's tough. I was one of you, and it's totally worth it.

IMG_20211224_102050.jpg

Ford has red R for Racing, we decided to red out the C for Connor.

IMG_20211224_103011.jpg

Carbon fiber for a beefy protected look.

IMG_20211224_103026.jpg

Carbon fiber hood.

IMG_20211224_103126.jpg

Powder coated beauty rings and racing profile.

IMG_20211224_103351.jpg

Bri laying with her Daddy's rig.

Just hope we can bring hope and healing for others as we try to do the same for ourselves. Thank you @Ford Motor Company and Bronco6g. Looking forward to many travels and meeting everyone we can.

Bill
Bill so sorry for your family’s loss connors bronco came out great he would def be proud of it he’s looking down on you smiling that bronco is amazing great job with what you did with it
Sponsored

SASProbie

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Windup Toy
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Love your tribute! And great attitude. We wish you well in your journey!

We lost our son, also 21 at the time, 12 years ago next month. We miss him immensely. We still have a thought cross our minds and begin to "reach out" to our son and tell him about whatever the topic is. Only to immediately realize we cannot.

Or see the room number that he had in critical care at the hospital, in waaaaaay to many movies and shows (214). And the memories of those four days...

We constantly think of where he would be in life today, if he was still with us. And the Grandkids that could of been as he blossomed in life.

The hardest lesson we learned is that he hole left behind will never be filled. We had to learn to try not to fill it. Life cannot be replaced. How one choses to live life afterwards is where you get back control.

Our lives have forever been changed and how we view life now is completely different as a result.

Before the loss of our son... Save save save kind of decisions. Today... Live, give and save...

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bill, I'm quite sure Connor is looking down and smiling. The Bronco looks great.

Sponsored

BeachShredder

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG c63s, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trying to cope with the loss of our son June 14, 2020 and maybe helping others along the way. First, this is not my Bronco, it's my son's. He was waiting to purchase one as soon as they were available. His Great Dane had turned 1 and was quickly out growing his Challenger. We lost him a month before reservations went live.

He had fought depression and suicidal thoughts, although you would have never had know. Well liked by everyone and he made everyone feel like his friend. Like they say, his smile could light up a room. 4 year varsity wrestler and captain his senior year. Spent a year in a half at the University of Arkansas (WPS) where he loved Fayetteville. Things took a turn for the worse mentally however and we had to bring him home for fear of him harming himself. A parents worst nightmare. After primary care doctor, endocrinologist, neurologist, sleep study, psychiatrist; we thought it was handled. But a week before he passed, we found him in the driveway pacing and crying. Said he was having a panic attack and it was the fourth one that day. We asked to take him to the emergency room, but he said no that they would admit him. We didn't understand what he was talking about. He agreed to take his blood pressure and if it was elevated then he would go. His blood pressure was fine... He said he's getting better and can handle it. A week later at the age of 21, he took his life. We found out later through one of his friend he had mentioned hearing voices. We've been absolutely devastated.

When Ford reservations went live, I was on my phone around 2am as I had been since his passing. I had never thought about reserving a Bronco until that moment. It's been a blessing as I've been able to stay busy and keep my mind occupied. Building and rebuilding. Communicating on this forum and learning so much. Planning modifications that will span years as if Connor and I are doing it together. I've even decided to document the work and our travels. Heal'n thru Wheel'n came to me as away to maybe help others in a similar situation. If we can find a way to cope; then maybe others will see that while you never recover, you can live by coping.

We've been without our Buddy for the past 3 weeks as it's been getting fixed up for it's role in helping overcome tragedy. We wanted something that is recognizable as we travel the country and ride trails. Something that can help tell the story. We decided to use Ford's 4600 Bronco as inspiration. Made a few changes where we felt carbon fiber might be a nice transition. Added some PPF to offer a bit more protection. Ceramic glaze to make cleaning a bit easier. A few Easter eggs of our own to represent Connor.

Hope to see some of you around. If you recognize it out on a trail or getting gas, please say hello. It would mean the world to us to meet you. If you want to follow the new page feel free to. It's https://www.facebook.com/healn.thru.wheeln. The Youtube page will be started as soon as I get the interview from us getting Buddy wrapped explaining what it all means. In the mean time, those still waiting; I understand it's tough. I was one of you, and it's totally worth it.

IMG_20211224_102050.jpg

IMG_20211224_103011.jpg

IMG_20211224_103026.jpg

Carbon fiber hood.

IMG_20211224_103126.jpg

IMG_20211224_103351.jpg

Just hope we can bring hope and healing for others as we try to do the same for ourselves. Thank you @Ford Motor Company and Bronco6g. Looking forward to many travels and meeting everyone we can.

Bill
[/QUOTE

Ford Bronco Heal'n thru Wheel'n : Bronco Build Tribute to Lost Son rr5

Carbon fiber hood.

Bill
That’s a great tribute and beautiful rig!! Everyone has their way of finding peace, I hope this is helping!

peterh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep wrangler jlu 2018
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

As some have already said, there are no words to properly express my sympathy for the pain you have endured, as well as the other folks who have shared their stories of loss on this thread. I pray to God that each of you may find some shelter in the storm. Your stories remind the rest of us to take each day as a blessing and although that doesn't physically bring your sons back, you are doing good for others. Know that please.

Jonahobx

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 150XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Your story, tribute, and strength are amazing.
I also lost a son 6/17/21 due to similar circumstances at the age of 34.

I am waiting patiently for a build date on Outer Banks. My son Ben will be riding shotgun with me in my heart.

Kuze

Wildtrak
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G63
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Carbon fiber hood.

Bill
Bill - I am sorry for your loss. I know how you feel and wish you great strength and peace for the loss of Conner. He sounds like an amazing kid.
I am so happy to read about your journey and hope to run in to you guys if you're ever in Northern California.
I lost my daughter, Grace, on 9/10/21 and she was only with us for 25 days. She is our first child and Its very fresh for us and we are doing the best we can, but I can understand the project. I decided to switch my 2DR Wildtrak color to Oxford White to honor my angel. I have been wanting inspiration on how to honor her through the car and I am sure I will be inspired soon. My build date is 1/3/22 and have a few things planned for it.
May Conner be Resting In Peace and sending you and your family all the love and peace.

Ali

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can understand your pain, my partner of 21 years (wife of 12) passed away in July after a struggle with mental health issues (depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts) and alcohol addiction due to PTSD. Today would have been our 12th anniversary. My wife struggled for 4 years and I am glad she finally found rest.

I hope your family can find strength in each other and find solace in knowing his pain has ended.

Hopefully some day mental health issues can be more clearly understood and effectively treated.

Ford Bronco Heal'n thru Wheel'n : Bronco Build Tribute to Lost Son 1640641414742

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Bill,

My condolences. Conner’s Bronco looks great. Nice tribute.

WeirdGuy

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry for your loss, and all of the others here that mentioned the loss of a loved one. I will say a prayer for all of you.

Your tribute to him is wonderful. May he rest in peace.

God Bless.

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Amazing how many of us won't get new pix. As they say, be nice, you just don't know what others are carrying.

Jamiegla1

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be 1st time Bronco owner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would just like to express my sympathy for your family. I cant imagine what he was going through and what you have been through since. May the love of God embrace your family and guide you through this
Sponsored