Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M240 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Razorback -Sorry for your loss. I too have followed your story and had hoped that our vehicles would overlap at the dealership. Love the rig.

If you are ever up on the Hill in Fayetteville, let me know. WPS!
Sponsored

mdk77

Base
First Name
BM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base SAS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Trying to cope with the loss of our son June 14, 2020 and maybe helping others along the way. First, this is not my Bronco, it's my son's. He was waiting to purchase one as soon as they were available. His Great Dane had turned 1 and was quickly out growing his Challenger. We lost him a month before reservations went live.

He had fought depression and suicidal thoughts, although you would have never had know. Well liked by everyone and he made everyone feel like his friend. Like they say, his smile could light up a room. 4 year varsity wrestler and captain his senior year. Spent a year in a half at the University of Arkansas (WPS) where he loved Fayetteville. Things took a turn for the worse mentally however and we had to bring him home for fear of him harming himself. A parents worst nightmare. After primary care doctor, endocrinologist, neurologist, sleep study, psychiatrist; we thought it was handled. But a week before he passed, we found him in the driveway pacing and crying. Said he was having a panic attack and it was the fourth one that day. We asked to take him to the emergency room, but he said no that they would admit him. We didn't understand what he was talking about. He agreed to take his blood pressure and if it was elevated then he would go. His blood pressure was fine... He said he's getting better and can handle it. A week later at the age of 21, he took his life. We found out later through one of his friend he had mentioned hearing voices. We've been absolutely devastated.

When Ford reservations went live, I was on my phone around 2am as I had been since his passing. I had never thought about reserving a Bronco until that moment. It's been a blessing as I've been able to stay busy and keep my mind occupied. Building and rebuilding. Communicating on this forum and learning so much. Planning modifications that will span years as if Connor and I are doing it together. I've even decided to document the work and our travels. Heal'n thru Wheel'n came to me as away to maybe help others in a similar situation. If we can find a way to cope; then maybe others will see that while you never recover, you can live by coping.

We've been without our Buddy for the past 3 weeks as it's been getting fixed up for it's role in helping overcome tragedy. We wanted something that is recognizable as we travel the country and ride trails. Something that can help tell the story. We decided to use Ford's 4600 Bronco as inspiration. Made a few changes where we felt carbon fiber might be a nice transition. Added some PPF to offer a bit more protection. Ceramic glaze to make cleaning a bit easier. A few Easter eggs of our own to represent Connor.

Hope to see some of you around. If you recognize it out on a trail or getting gas, please say hello. It would mean the world to us to meet you. If you want to follow the new page feel free to. It's https://www.facebook.com/healn.thru.wheeln. The Youtube page will be started as soon as I get the interview from us getting Buddy wrapped explaining what it all means. In the mean time, those still waiting; I understand it's tough. I was one of you, and it's totally worth it.

IMG_20211224_102050.jpg

Ford has red R for Racing, we decided to red out the C for Connor.

IMG_20211224_103011.jpg

Carbon fiber for a beefy protected look.

IMG_20211224_103026.jpg

Carbon fiber hood.

IMG_20211224_103126.jpg

Powder coated beauty rings and racing profile.

IMG_20211224_103351.jpg

Bri laying with her Daddy's rig.

Just hope we can bring hope and healing for others as we try to do the same for ourselves. Thank you @Ford Motor Company and Bronco6g. Looking forward to many travels and meeting everyone we can.

Bill
I am so sorry. My condolences to you and your family.

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your story, tribute, and strength are amazing.
I also lost a son 6/17/21 due to similar circumstances at the age of 34.

I am waiting patiently for a build date on Outer Banks. My son Ben will be riding shotgun with me in my heart.
My heart breaks every time someone has a similar story. Knowing the pain, I'm hoping to help others find some kind of hope to move forward. While sometimes there's a guilt with moving forward, and sometimes we don't want to, it's something we must do to honor our loved ones.

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Razorback -Sorry for your loss. I too have followed your story and had hoped that our vehicles would overlap at the dealership. Love the rig.

If you are ever up on the Hill in Fayetteville, let me know. WPS!
We're going to the Garth concert in April. I think it's really just a reason to visit The Hill and travel to see the places we would take Connor on parents weekends...

Sponsored

doccoch

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 1967 Mustang Fastback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Brother, I truly hurt for you. My true actual prayers go with you on this life journey. As a suicide survivor myself, I know the lifelong pain, but we too can be instruments of help to others. I appreciate you immensely God's got you Brother.

ocnorBdroF1202

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC 1500 SLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Trying to cope with the loss of our son June 14, 2020 and maybe helping others along the way. First, this is not my Bronco, it's my son's. He was waiting to purchase one as soon as they were available. His Great Dane had turned 1 and was quickly out growing his Challenger. We lost him a month before reservations went live.

He had fought depression and suicidal thoughts, although you would have never had know. Well liked by everyone and he made everyone feel like his friend. Like they say, his smile could light up a room. 4 year varsity wrestler and captain his senior year. Spent a year in a half at the University of Arkansas (WPS) where he loved Fayetteville. Things took a turn for the worse mentally however and we had to bring him home for fear of him harming himself. A parents worst nightmare. After primary care doctor, endocrinologist, neurologist, sleep study, psychiatrist; we thought it was handled. But a week before he passed, we found him in the driveway pacing and crying. Said he was having a panic attack and it was the fourth one that day. We asked to take him to the emergency room, but he said no that they would admit him. We didn't understand what he was talking about. He agreed to take his blood pressure and if it was elevated then he would go. His blood pressure was fine... He said he's getting better and can handle it. A week later at the age of 21, he took his life. We found out later through one of his friend he had mentioned hearing voices. We've been absolutely devastated.

When Ford reservations went live, I was on my phone around 2am as I had been since his passing. I had never thought about reserving a Bronco until that moment. It's been a blessing as I've been able to stay busy and keep my mind occupied. Building and rebuilding. Communicating on this forum and learning so much. Planning modifications that will span years as if Connor and I are doing it together. I've even decided to document the work and our travels. Heal'n thru Wheel'n came to me as away to maybe help others in a similar situation. If we can find a way to cope; then maybe others will see that while you never recover, you can live by coping.

We've been without our Buddy for the past 3 weeks as it's been getting fixed up for it's role in helping overcome tragedy. We wanted something that is recognizable as we travel the country and ride trails. Something that can help tell the story. We decided to use Ford's 4600 Bronco as inspiration. Made a few changes where we felt carbon fiber might be a nice transition. Added some PPF to offer a bit more protection. Ceramic glaze to make cleaning a bit easier. A few Easter eggs of our own to represent Connor.

Hope to see some of you around. If you recognize it out on a trail or getting gas, please say hello. It would mean the world to us to meet you. If you want to follow the new page feel free to. It's https://www.facebook.com/healn.thru.wheeln. The Youtube page will be started as soon as I get the interview from us getting Buddy wrapped explaining what it all means. In the mean time, those still waiting; I understand it's tough. I was one of you, and it's totally worth it.

IMG_20211224_102050.jpg

IMG_20211224_103011.jpg

IMG_20211224_103026.jpg

Carbon fiber hood.

IMG_20211224_103126.jpg

IMG_20211224_103351.jpg

Just hope we can bring hope and healing for others as we try to do the same for ourselves. Thank you @Ford Motor Company and Bronco6g. Looking forward to many travels and meeting everyone we can.

Bill
Bill,
I remember hearing part of Connor's story previously on B6G, but didn't recall the details that you mentioned in this post. Whenever I get my Bronco, we are definitely going to have to make a run together. Love what you've done to honor and memorialize Connor's rig. I too, have lost two nieces (my sisters only daughters) in the last three years to suicide. Nicki was in a 10 year abusive relationship that she could never break free from, despite all of our family's attempts at providing her a safe place to stay. Her abuser (we don't even say his name anymore) had to stop by his shop to grab something one night and when he ran inside, she put his gun to her head at 38 years old and ended the physical/emotional pain she had endured for years. Her sister Wendy who was a nurse with two young kids battled depression, was diagnosed as bipolar, and had suffered dearly from the loss of Nicki. Wendy posted on FB in March of this year that she was going to kill herself as soon as she hit send on that final post. Family/friends all began frantically trying to call/locate her and she was found about 24 hours later in the hotel room where she had chosen the same means of suicide as her sister. We all beat ourselves up over what we could have done differently. Ironically, the day after Wendy took her own life, my company sent out a request for volunteers to join a mental health group they were forming to help provide an outlet and/or awareness to folks that feel there's only one way out of their situation. As a company, we were really seeing some indicators of things that could lead to depression/anxiety (Covid lockdown, work stress, balancing childcare/work life, etc.) and wanted to get ahead of it. The group started off with 4 people and we've grown to nearly 20 over the last 8 months or so. I shared this story not as an attempt to hijack Connor's story, but to let other's know that it's actually therapeutic for me and I would guess it is for Bill as well. We have to continue our lives, just as Bill has done here with Connor by his side.

Bill, thank you for the love of your son and the determination to keep on keeping on in Connor's spirit (and rig)!

Scott

CodaMojo

Wildtrak
First Name
Coda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG Wildtrack, 2014 Ford Escape, 2010 350z
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sorry to hear about your loss. Thank you for sharing something so personal to remind us that we need to look out for one another. Also to cherish the time we have and reach out to those who need our support. If you make it out to California, I hope we can see each other on the trails as you honour your son’s legacy and spirt through your travels and his Bronco. All the best

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I came way too close for comfort to experience what you went through with two young people very close to me, I have the semicolon tattooed on my wrist to show my support for suicide awareness and prevention and mental health support, screw the stigma. So incredibly sorry for your loss, but I love to see what you are putting together there in your son's memory, working on maybe putting some kind of sense into what happened. Best of luck and I'd love to meet you on the trails - or at a gas station - some day. I won't forget what your Bronco looks like.

My best wishes.

Sponsored

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base (Hubby) 2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

IMG_20211224_102050.jpg

IMG_20211224_103011.jpg

IMG_20211224_103026.jpg

Carbon fiber hood.

IMG_20211224_103126.jpg

IMG_20211224_103351.jpg

Bill
So very sorry for your loss. Connor’s Bronco is Awesome. Such a sweet picture!! Living out his dream with his Bronco is such a wonderful tribute. I’m sure he would be extremely excited to know you made his dreams all possible and you get to enjoy it as he would want you to. Many blessings of peace and love sent to you and your family. Hope to see you in SC as well.

Jazer

Outer Banks
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am so sorry for your loss, and to the other members that have shared their family's stories as well. Something a parent should never have to experience. My heart goes out to you.

I think what you are doing here, Heal'n through Wheel'n is amazing. I can see this succeeding bigger than you ever dreamed of, if you want it to. I hope it helps other families cope with their losses, and maybe introduces an outlet to people who may be teetering on the edge. Something they can invest themselves in, and find a new passion & love in life when they feel they have nothing. I wish you the best with this journey.

Last edited:

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having dealt with anxiety and depression my whole life this story hits close to home. I am so sorry for your loss. I’m even more sorry your son had to deal with it. Honestly it is pretty brutal. And, also exhausting having to put on ‘the normal face.’ However, I also find this very heartening. It is becoming far more normal to discuss mental health issues. The strange taboo is thankfully disappearing.

God bless and be well.

Last edited:

BadAss bronco dude

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
superduty.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

IMG_20211224_102050.jpg

IMG_20211224_103011.jpg

IMG_20211224_103026.jpg

Carbon fiber hood.

IMG_20211224_103126.jpg

IMG_20211224_103351.jpg

Bill
Dam.... Carry on...
Sponsored