First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited 115 Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Base
OK I know this isn't for everyone, and knowing this crowd there will probably be a loud chorus of "you did what? Made a brand new Bronco look like a cobbled-together junkyard dog?" LOL...

Anyhow, I've seen a lot of "tribute" builds on here so I thought I'd share mine. It's not a tribute to some famous Bronco from a movie or Baja racing or a copy of anything owned by a celebrity. It's a tribute to the most badass Early Bronco I know of...my own. Err...my wife's, if you ask her. We just completed the look in time for Big Bear Bronco Bash last weekend, and everyone who knows us and our Early Bronco, Coco, loves what we did with Chanel. But I'm sure anyone who sees it by itself and doesn't know us or our Broncos is scratching their head wondering WTF. That's OK, let 'em wonder :)

20220610_0075X.jpg

It all started over two years ago. On June 3, 2020 to be exact. I saw some renderings of the new Bronco here on 6G. They were artists renderings based on the clues we knew back then, although the complete Broncos had not been fully shown yet, only the camouflaged ones running around. Anyhow 6G posted them in each of the known colors at the time, and I had an idea so I grabbed the one in Oxford White and fired up Photoshop:

IMG_7962.JPG

If you're wondering why Coco has a coat of many colors, I built it quite a few years ago using parts from as many as 9 different Broncos. I always intended to paint it one color but Steffie fell in love with it's junkyard livery and wouldn't let me paint it. So it's stayed like that, and become endearing to our friends that we wheel with. Anyhow, I posted that rendering of the 6G with Coco's colors on Facebook more or less as a joke. But Steffie loved it, and said "we're doing it!" I rolled my eyes and figured she'd come to her senses. But two years later and she still hadn't, so we ordered some vinyl off of Amazon and she went to work.

IMG_3641.jpeg

We'd never wrapped anything before, but by the second door we had gotten reasonably better. I didn't have the proper tools so we used my Moose Lodge card as a squeegee :)

IMG_3649.jpeg

I knew the grille was going to be too hard to wrap so when I saw one of my So Cal Broncos buddies offering a new grille up for sale, I snapped it up to have as a replacement for when I decide to unwind all of this, then reached for the orange spray paint.

grille-paint.jpg

I actually used an adhesion promoter followed by several coats of Flat Racing Orange plastic paint. It turned out looking better than our wrap job.

IMG_3658.jpeg

IMG_7974.jpeg

We still need to do the tailgate (Coco's is brown). But it still looked pretty good on the trail for Bronco Bash.

20220611_0135.JPG

It was fun having them both on the trails together, although I couldn't always follow Steffie's line :)

20220610_0053X-2400w.jpg

I really like this pic of them together before we did the windshield frame.

IMG_3643.jpeg

Thanks for checking it out.
It turned out great Dusty. Im glad I got to meet you and your wife and see your Broncos in person at the Big Bear Bronco Bash. The ride you led on Saturday was great . Me my wife and friends were glad we showed up for the ride. The views where great on the trail. The BBQ and the band was a great way to relax after the long day. I'll see you two on another adventure .
Sponsored

Indistinct Chatter

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Subaru Impreza
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly. I think it’s cool.
Reminds me of the GTI harlequin.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It turned out great Dusty. Im glad I got to meet you and your wife and see your Broncos in person at the Big Bear Bronco Bash. The ride you led on Saturday was great . Me my wife and friends were glad we showed up for the ride. The views where great on the trail. The BBQ and the band was a great way to relax after the long day. I'll see you two on another adventure .
So glad you had a great time! And we're extremely pleased that so many of our new 6G friends came out to wheel with us. We're very proud of what Big Bear Bronco Bash has become and we love to share it with new folks.

BeeMiller

Outer Banks
First Name
Betty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Furion
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OK I know this isn't for everyone, and knowing this crowd there will probably be a loud chorus of "you did what? Made a brand new Bronco look like a cobbled-together junkyard dog?" LOL...

Anyhow, I've seen a lot of "tribute" builds on here so I thought I'd share mine. It's not a tribute to some famous Bronco from a movie or Baja racing or a copy of anything owned by a celebrity. It's a tribute to the most badass Early Bronco I know of...my own. Err...my wife's, if you ask her. We just completed the look in time for Big Bear Bronco Bash last weekend, and everyone who knows us and our Early Bronco, Coco, loves what we did with Chanel. But I'm sure anyone who sees it by itself and doesn't know us or our Broncos is scratching their head wondering WTF. That's OK, let 'em wonder :)

20220610_0075X.jpg

It all started over two years ago. On June 3, 2020 to be exact. I saw some renderings of the new Bronco here on 6G. They were artists renderings based on the clues we knew back then, although the complete Broncos had not been fully shown yet, only the camouflaged ones running around. Anyhow 6G posted them in each of the known colors at the time, and I had an idea so I grabbed the one in Oxford White and fired up Photoshop:

IMG_7962.JPG

If you're wondering why Coco has a coat of many colors, I built it quite a few years ago using parts from as many as 9 different Broncos. I always intended to paint it one color but Steffie fell in love with it's junkyard livery and wouldn't let me paint it. So it's stayed like that, and become endearing to our friends that we wheel with. Anyhow, I posted that rendering of the 6G with Coco's colors on Facebook more or less as a joke. But Steffie loved it, and said "we're doing it!" I rolled my eyes and figured she'd come to her senses. But two years later and she still hadn't, so we ordered some vinyl off of Amazon and she went to work.

IMG_3641.jpeg

We'd never wrapped anything before, but by the second door we had gotten reasonably better. I didn't have the proper tools so we used my Moose Lodge card as a squeegee :)

IMG_3649.jpeg

I knew the grille was going to be too hard to wrap so when I saw one of my So Cal Broncos buddies offering a new grille up for sale, I snapped it up to have as a replacement for when I decide to unwind all of this, then reached for the orange spray paint.

grille-paint.jpg

I actually used an adhesion promoter followed by several coats of Flat Racing Orange plastic paint. It turned out looking better than our wrap job.

IMG_3658.jpeg

IMG_7974.jpeg

We still need to do the tailgate (Coco's is brown). But it still looked pretty good on the trail for Bronco Bash.

20220611_0135.JPG

It was fun having them both on the trails together, although I couldn't always follow Steffie's line :)

20220610_0053X-2400w.jpg

IMG_3643.jpeg

I absolutely 100% think this is one of these best tributes around!!

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this is my favorite modified Bronco, period. I absolutely love it!

(disclaimer, I used to autocross a gold Rx-7 with purple wheels so my taste is questionable)

Sponsored

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

20220610_0075X.jpg

IMG_7962.JPG

IMG_3641.jpeg

IMG_3649.jpeg

grille-paint.jpg

IMG_3658.jpeg

IMG_7974.jpeg

20220611_0135.JPG

20220610_0053X-2400w.jpg

IMG_3643.jpeg

Thanks for sharing! It’s unique, it’s your own, and it’s a tribute to something that you share together. Win win!

Victoryengineer

Raptor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kubota 7040, Polaris 570, Victory MC, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Nope, I wouldn't do that with my Bronco. But man, with you and your wife's story you knocked it out of the park! Great job!

rmanecke

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83CJ / 87YJ Mashup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If anyone sees them together, they would know exactly what you did and why.

I think it's hilarious and perfect for the off road crowd and reminds us that some people actually buy these vehicles to have fun and laughs.

BobaFetz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

20220610_0075X.jpg

IMG_7962.JPG

IMG_3641.jpeg

IMG_3649.jpeg

grille-paint.jpg

IMG_3658.jpeg

IMG_7974.jpeg

20220611_0135.JPG

20220610_0053X-2400w.jpg

IMG_3643.jpeg

Love it and the story behind it!

DaddyMuffin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two convertibles, a station wagon, and a bus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d like to echo the “Thank You to Dusty and Steffi”

I was able to join this awesome wheeling team on their Friday Gold Mountain run at Bronco Bash this year. What a great time and a super group of people.

Your new and old matching Broncos are fantastic!

Really enjoyed being able to ride with you guys!

Sponsored

GeneralBoisvert

Badlands
First Name
Sheik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is so good. You made it you, in a clean way, and completely reversible.

NatureBoy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

20220610_0075X.jpg

IMG_7962.JPG

IMG_3641.jpeg

IMG_3649.jpeg

grille-paint.jpg

IMG_3658.jpeg

IMG_7974.jpeg

20220611_0135.JPG

20220610_0053X-2400w.jpg

IMG_3643.jpeg

Love it!

JBTHERAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 Highlander, ‘15 Taurus, ‘18 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Props to you Dusty. A more retro look and very entertaining.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
First look... I hate it
5 minutes in... well its ok
10 minutes in... I kinda like it
15 minutes in... I love it!
☝ THIS RIGHT HERE!
Seeing it next to the original makes it perfect. So many people are doing tributes to older Broncos that are "famous". Your tribute is to your own Bronco that is famous and special to you. Being able to change it as often as you want is even better.

BurtMacklin

Outer Banks
First Name
AMS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB 4 DR / 22 F150 / 23 OBX 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is one of the coolest things I have seen in a long time. Love it.
Sponsored