Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would have never approved this before seeing the results, but I love it for inexplicable reasons!

Needs the windshield frame wrap, btw

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OK I know this isn't for everyone, and knowing this crowd there will probably be a loud chorus of "you did what? Made a brand new Bronco look like a cobbled-together junkyard dog?" LOL...

Anyhow, I've seen a lot of "tribute" builds on here so I thought I'd share mine. It's not a tribute to some famous Bronco from a movie or Baja racing or a copy of anything owned by a celebrity. It's a tribute to the most badass Early Bronco I know of...my own. Err...my wife's, if you ask her. We just completed the look in time for Big Bear Bronco Bash last weekend, and everyone who knows us and our Early Bronco, Coco, loves what we did with Chanel. But I'm sure anyone who sees it by itself and doesn't know us or our Broncos is scratching their head wondering WTF. That's OK, let 'em wonder :)

20220610_0075X.jpg

It all started over two years ago. On June 3, 2020 to be exact. I saw some renderings of the new Bronco here on 6G. They were artists renderings based on the clues we knew back then, although the complete Broncos had not been fully shown yet, only the camouflaged ones running around. Anyhow 6G posted them in each of the known colors at the time, and I had an idea so I grabbed the one in Oxford White and fired up Photoshop:

IMG_7962.JPG

If you're wondering why Coco has a coat of many colors, I built it quite a few years ago using parts from as many as 9 different Broncos. I always intended to paint it one color but Steffie fell in love with it's junkyard livery and wouldn't let me paint it. So it's stayed like that, and become endearing to our friends that we wheel with. Anyhow, I posted that rendering of the 6G with Coco's colors on Facebook more or less as a joke. But Steffie loved it, and said "we're doing it!" I rolled my eyes and figured she'd come to her senses. But two years later and she still hadn't, so we ordered some vinyl off of Amazon and she went to work.

IMG_3641.jpeg

We'd never wrapped anything before, but by the second door we had gotten reasonably better. I didn't have the proper tools so we used my Moose Lodge card as a squeegee :)

IMG_3649.jpeg

I knew the grille was going to be too hard to wrap so when I saw one of my So Cal Broncos buddies offering a new grille up for sale, I snapped it up to have as a replacement for when I decide to unwind all of this, then reached for the orange spray paint.

grille-paint.jpg

I actually used an adhesion promoter followed by several coats of Flat Racing Orange plastic paint. It turned out looking better than our wrap job.

IMG_3658.jpeg

IMG_7974.jpeg

We still need to do the tailgate (Coco's is brown). But it still looked pretty good on the trail for Bronco Bash.

20220611_0135.JPG

It was fun having them both on the trails together, although I couldn't always follow Steffie's line :)

20220610_0053X-2400w.jpg

I really like this pic of them together before we did the windshield frame.

IMG_3643.jpeg

Thanks for checking it out.
Finally!!! I've been hoping and waiting for y'all to do this 😁 hoping the cage gets the wrap treatment too.

it's beautiful

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Totes Adorbs!

Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You do you!

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Props for using mostly wrap. Easy to change your mind later. I dig it.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is awesome and a real heritage to the original Bronco and having two closely matched now. This is unique and I am sure Fords vision on customizing your own Bronco to be whatever you want.

Sponsored

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OK I know this isn't for everyone, and knowing this crowd there will probably be a loud chorus of "you did what? Made a brand new Bronco look like a cobbled-together junkyard dog?" LOL...

Anyhow, I've seen a lot of "tribute" builds on here so I thought I'd share mine. It's not a tribute to some famous Bronco from a movie or Baja racing or a copy of anything owned by a celebrity. It's a tribute to the most badass Early Bronco I know of...my own. Err...my wife's, if you ask her. We just completed the look in time for Big Bear Bronco Bash last weekend, and everyone who knows us and our Early Bronco, Coco, loves what we did with Chanel. But I'm sure anyone who sees it by itself and doesn't know us or our Broncos is scratching their head wondering WTF. That's OK, let 'em wonder :)

20220610_0075X.jpg

It all started over two years ago. On June 3, 2020 to be exact. I saw some renderings of the new Bronco here on 6G. They were artists renderings based on the clues we knew back then, although the complete Broncos had not been fully shown yet, only the camouflaged ones running around. Anyhow 6G posted them in each of the known colors at the time, and I had an idea so I grabbed the one in Oxford White and fired up Photoshop:

IMG_7962.JPG

If you're wondering why Coco has a coat of many colors, I built it quite a few years ago using parts from as many as 9 different Broncos. I always intended to paint it one color but Steffie fell in love with it's junkyard livery and wouldn't let me paint it. So it's stayed like that, and become endearing to our friends that we wheel with. Anyhow, I posted that rendering of the 6G with Coco's colors on Facebook more or less as a joke. But Steffie loved it, and said "we're doing it!" I rolled my eyes and figured she'd come to her senses. But two years later and she still hadn't, so we ordered some vinyl off of Amazon and she went to work.

IMG_3641.jpeg

We'd never wrapped anything before, but by the second door we had gotten reasonably better. I didn't have the proper tools so we used my Moose Lodge card as a squeegee :)

IMG_3649.jpeg

I knew the grille was going to be too hard to wrap so when I saw one of my So Cal Broncos buddies offering a new grille up for sale, I snapped it up to have as a replacement for when I decide to unwind all of this, then reached for the orange spray paint.

grille-paint.jpg

I actually used an adhesion promoter followed by several coats of Flat Racing Orange plastic paint. It turned out looking better than our wrap job.

IMG_3658.jpeg

IMG_7974.jpeg

We still need to do the tailgate (Coco's is brown). But it still looked pretty good on the trail for Bronco Bash.

20220611_0135.JPG

It was fun having them both on the trails together, although I couldn't always follow Steffie's line :)

20220610_0053X-2400w.jpg

IMG_3643.jpeg

That one looks about as wonky as it gets, but has more personality and a better story than the vast majority of builds out there. Cool ride!

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

20220610_0075X.jpg

IMG_7962.JPG

IMG_3641.jpeg

IMG_3649.jpeg

grille-paint.jpg

IMG_3658.jpeg

IMG_7974.jpeg

20220611_0135.JPG

20220610_0053X-2400w.jpg

IMG_3643.jpeg

Agreed, awesome job. Saw it at bronco bash and it looks great!

Lanman

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS e-tron GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not what I would want for me but I love it! Great job and a great story.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

20220610_0075X.jpg

IMG_7962.JPG

IMG_3641.jpeg

IMG_3649.jpeg

grille-paint.jpg

IMG_3658.jpeg

IMG_7974.jpeg

20220611_0135.JPG

20220610_0053X-2400w.jpg

IMG_3643.jpeg

That is awesome. I love the whole story You guys did a great job.