Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OK I know this isn't for everyone, and knowing this crowd there will probably be a loud chorus of "you did what? Made a brand new Bronco look like a cobbled-together junkyard dog?" LOL...

Anyhow, I've seen a lot of "tribute" builds on here so I thought I'd share mine. It's not a tribute to some famous Bronco from a movie or Baja racing or a copy of anything owned by a celebrity. It's a tribute to the most badass Early Bronco I know of...my own. Err...my wife's, if you ask her. We just completed the look in time for Big Bear Bronco Bash last weekend, and everyone who knows us and our Early Bronco, Coco, loves what we did with Chanel. But I'm sure anyone who sees it by itself and doesn't know us or our Broncos is scratching their head wondering WTF. That's OK, let 'em wonder :)

Ford Bronco Cool Tribute or Junkyard Dog? Chanel gets Coco's funky Color Scheme! 20220610_0075X

It all started over two years ago. On June 3, 2020 to be exact. I saw some renderings of the new Bronco here on 6G. They were artists renderings based on the clues we knew back then, although the complete Broncos had not been fully shown yet, only the camouflaged ones running around. Anyhow 6G posted them in each of the known colors at the time, and I had an idea so I grabbed the one in Oxford White and fired up Photoshop:

Ford Bronco Cool Tribute or Junkyard Dog? Chanel gets Coco's funky Color Scheme! IMG_7962.JPG

If you're wondering why Coco has a coat of many colors, I built it quite a few years ago using parts from as many as 9 different Broncos. I always intended to paint it one color but Steffie fell in love with it's junkyard livery and wouldn't let me paint it. So it's stayed like that, and become endearing to our friends that we wheel with. Anyhow, I posted that rendering of the 6G with Coco's colors on Facebook more or less as a joke. But Steffie loved it, and said "we're doing it!" I rolled my eyes and figured she'd come to her senses. But two years later and she still hadn't, so we ordered some vinyl off of Amazon and she went to work.

Ford Bronco Cool Tribute or Junkyard Dog? Chanel gets Coco's funky Color Scheme! IMG_3641

We'd never wrapped anything before, but by the second door we had gotten reasonably better. I didn't have the proper tools so we used my Moose Lodge card as a squeegee :)

Ford Bronco Cool Tribute or Junkyard Dog? Chanel gets Coco's funky Color Scheme! IMG_3649

I knew the grille was going to be too hard to wrap so when I saw one of my So Cal Broncos buddies offering a new grille up for sale, I snapped it up to have as a replacement for when I decide to unwind all of this, then reached for the orange spray paint.

Ford Bronco Cool Tribute or Junkyard Dog? Chanel gets Coco's funky Color Scheme! grille-paint

I actually used an adhesion promoter followed by several coats of Flat Racing Orange plastic paint. It turned out looking better than our wrap job.

Ford Bronco Cool Tribute or Junkyard Dog? Chanel gets Coco's funky Color Scheme! IMG_3658

Ford Bronco Cool Tribute or Junkyard Dog? Chanel gets Coco's funky Color Scheme! IMG_7974

We still need to do the tailgate (Coco's is brown). But it still looked pretty good on the trail for Bronco Bash.

Ford Bronco Cool Tribute or Junkyard Dog? Chanel gets Coco's funky Color Scheme! 20220611_0135.JPG

It was fun having them both on the trails together, although I couldn't always follow Steffie's line :)

Ford Bronco Cool Tribute or Junkyard Dog? Chanel gets Coco's funky Color Scheme! 20220610_0053X-2400w

I really like this pic of them together before we did the windshield frame.

Ford Bronco Cool Tribute or Junkyard Dog? Chanel gets Coco's funky Color Scheme! IMG_3643

Thanks for checking it out.
Sponsored

FishKzor

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is awesome.

Congrats man.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love it. Only thing is, need to cover the roll bars to finish it out.

SwampCactus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Cactus Grey Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey man I love the fact you did what you wanted. Especially since that look is known in your region amongst our friends. They look great together.

Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When together, this is really neat. If I saw just the 6g Bronco rolling around, though, I would probably be whispering "wtf" to myself, though. 😂

If it ever bothers you, grab a Cyber Orange door, or a spare white door, when these start hitting the junkyards.

Cwill79

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Awesome. I had wondered where you guys have been on your youtube channel. I've been following since I ordered my base. Now I see that you have been busy. Keep up the good work.

Bronco-ocnorB

Big Bend
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That is amazing. Love the look and they look awesome together. Congrats on two really cool Broncos!

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

OK I know this isn't for everyone, and knowing this crowd there will probably be a loud chorus of "you did what? Made a brand new Bronco look like a cobbled-together junkyard dog?" LOL...

Anyhow, I've seen a lot of "tribute" builds on here so I thought I'd share mine. It's not a tribute to some famous Bronco from a movie or Baja racing or a copy of anything owned by a celebrity. It's a tribute to the most badass Early Bronco I know of...my own. Err...my wife's, if you ask her. We just completed the look in time for Big Bear Bronco Bash last weekend, and everyone who knows us and our Early Bronco, Coco, loves what we did with Chanel. But I'm sure anyone who sees it by itself and doesn't know us or our Broncos is scratching their head wondering WTF. That's OK, let 'em wonder :)

Ford Bronco Cool Tribute or Junkyard Dog? Chanel gets Coco's funky Color Scheme! IMG_3643

It all started over two years ago. On June 3, 2020 to be exact. I saw some renderings of the new Bronco here on 6G. They were artists renderings based on the clues we knew back then, although the complete Broncos had not been fully shown yet, only the camouflaged ones running around. Anyhow 6G posted them in each of the known colors at the time, and I had an idea so I grabbed the one in Oxford White and fired up Photoshop:

If you're wondering why Coco has a coat of many colors, I built it quite a few years ago using parts from as many as 9 different Broncos. I always intended to paint it one color but Steffie fell in love with it's junkyard livery and wouldn't let me paint it. So it's stayed like that, and become endearing to our friends that we wheel with. Anyhow, I posted that rendering of the 6G with Coco's colors on Facebook more or less as a joke. But Steffie loved it, and said "we're doing it!" I rolled my eyes and figured she'd come to her senses. But two years later and she still hadn't, so we ordered some vinyl off of Amazon and she went to work.

We'd never wrapped anything before, but by the second door we had gotten reasonably better. I didn't have the proper tools so we used my Moose Lodge card as a squeegee :)

I knew the grille was going to be too hard to wrap so when I saw one of my So Cal Broncos buddies offering a new grille up for sale, I snapped it up to have as a replacement for when I decide to unwind all of this, then reached for the orange spray paint.

I actually used an adhesion promoter followed by several coats of Flat Racing Orange plastic paint. It turned out looking better than our wrap job.

We still need to do the tailgate (Coco's is brown). But it still looked pretty good on the trail for Bronco Bash.

It was fun having them both on the trails together, although I couldn't always follow Steffie's line :)

I love it!

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I admire your creativity! While some may not care for it, this is what "making it your own" is all about...

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I admire your creativity! While some may not care for it, this is what "making it your own" is all about...
Could not have said it any better.

So many people fear doing anything to personalize their ride, make them happy due to peer pressure or fear of trolls. And the world has an abundance of them these days.

Kudos OP for having the bravery to do it. Enjoy every minute of it.

Bohlmbo

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1966 Mustang, 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Love it! How did you do your side badges?

Eruption

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Having fun with life, does not get much better. Personally love the pair and pretty much your whole approach to life. Keep living right.
Sponsored