Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2024 Rivian R1S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been experiencing a weird groaning noise when the heat is above 3. It’s a sustained groan that is more intense the higher you have the output. It’s not the noise of the air coming out of the vents, it’s a weird sustained groaning noise that doesn't go away.

I’ve accepted the Bronco has more noises due to the nature of the removable top but I’ve never had a vehicle make this type of noise before.

Any ideas on what it might be? Anyone else experience this?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tdub0527

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve been experiencing a weird groaning noise when the heat is above 3. It’s a sustained groan that is more intense the higher you have the output. It’s not the noise of the air coming out of the vents, it’s a weird sustained groaning noise that doesn't go away.

I’ve accepted the Bronco has more noises due to the nature of the removable top but I’ve never had a vehicle make this type of noise before.

Hey there. I can look into your Bronco’s noise concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if you got some junk rubbing on the fan blades. You don't hear any noise if the fan speed is less than 3?

OP
OP
Tdub0527

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The groan is still audible at speeds less to an three but once you go over that it is very loud and very noticeable.

OP
OP
Tdub0527

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finally took it to the dealer (was waiting for when I needed an oil change). Turns out the HVAC blower motor is bad and they are ordering a new one for me and it will be covered under warranty.

Just wanted to post the resolution in the event someone else is searching the forum for a similar problem.
Sponsored